main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Are you feeling kinda . . . LOST? The CASTAWAYS OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by SirakRomar, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Well, at least tell her Hello for us!! Like Mitth Fisto stated, hate it when folks suddenly just drop off the face of the planet *or RPG WORLD*..with NO warning. Makes of worry. Think of horrible things, and all that.

And there have been far too many GM's of late, who have simply dropped off the planet with no warning.

[face_dunno]

2. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, she lost her job and her boyfriend . . . so I wouldn´t say "nothing terrible" happened, but there is no life-threatening disaster involved. And before you ask Fin, yes I was allowed to tell that . . .

I am not exactly in touch with the boards nowaday, but I also realized it has become awfully quiet around here. Most people I know from the old days seem to be gone now. But whatever caused this, I think it is save to say Sirak´s vanishing had no internal factors, but it was purely RL ambushing her and her finding no more room for creativity for a while. She is healthy and getting back to her feet, I am sure.

3. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    EDIT doesn´t work right now, so I hae to double post to add . . . I will say hello from everybody of course. Will be my pleasure!

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Hello everybody. As I could see the reasons for my vanishing have already been widely discussed. Which makes it a bit easier for me to get to the points.

My apologies.

Last thing I planned was leave my Castaways hanging. Real Life left me little choice.

Soon I will post the final post of the first season.

Then I will check with people if we actually have anybody left willing to play Season 2. If so, I will probably go ahead. A promise is a promise.

I will totally understand if you are not ready to trust in me and my dedication. I know I wouldn't and therefore don't worry. You all made my first game an amazing experience and therefore I am eternally grateful!

yours

Claire

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

[face_dancing]
    [face_party]

Welcome back!!!

Looking forward to your post!

Glad Darth RL loosened their group on you.

:D

Admiral Volshe and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Begins hearing the tune of Bonanza playing as he awaits the post*

My mind may be weirdly wired, but I am glad of your return immensely! :D

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Look who is baaaaaqack!!! Great to see you post again Claire

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Still a bit rusty, but the update is up . . .

Ktala, greyjedi125 and Admiral Volshe like this.
  9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Sirak.....I'd almost forgotten this feeling....[face_nail_biting] ( thank you! ^:)^ )

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    *Relishes getting to enjoy reading this again, and not be in the hot seat at the moment* [face_skull]

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! So glad to see an update! :D

I also wanted to pop in to let you know that I'm currently on vacation in Florida and I will have a response up when I return on Sunday. Right now, all the internet access I have is through my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    WOW!!!

A holiday surprise indeed!! Now, if I can remember enough to get back into things.. And of course, Cece is RIGHT in the middle of things.. yet again! LOL.. $*&#$&*!!! STORMIES!! heheheh

LOVE IT! :D

---
    :_| at Lorn's death scene.!!
    There is more than one?!?! Oh.....crap....

(Wonders if crazy sithy lady is coming back...)

13. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Season 2 announcment! Because I have by now overcome my shame for vanishing last Time and because you awesome people seem to wish for the adventure to continue as much as I do ... I will start Castaways Season 2 at the beginning of April. Why not now? Well, because I will be on a three week trip soon and it makes no sense to start only to have a break after one week.

BUT I plan to close Season One with a final update before I take the trip. So expect an update soon.

What awaits us for Season 2 ... many returning plotlines. A cameo by TheSithGirly is already secured. All plots will continue ... and we will find out that death is not what it is supposed to be on this specific (still nameless) planet. I also plan to have a new group join our Castaways. If new players will be interested in joining ...

A question to everybody involved: new thread or do we go on using the old one? I am a bit divided here and would like to hear opinions in the matter ... what would you like better?

Mitth_Fisto and Admiral Volshe like this.
  14. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I say make a new threat . . . better for recruiting new players.

HanSolo29 and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sounds like a plan! :)

As for starting a new thread versus using the existing one, I'm with Fins on this one - I say go with the new thread. It'll definitely be more inviting to new players.

16. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Alright, I just finished rereading what is here on the boards of Season One episodes, very relished. And I was remembering correct. Meset is dead. But I am willing to come back as someone new. ;)

I agree with Fin and Solo, new thread is less daunting for new players.

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Just be sure to let either Peng or myself know which route you're going with so we can either alter the thread title or lock the old one, as appropriate.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    New sounds good to me as well. Fresh start and all that! :D

19. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Thank you. I will post my last update and then will PM you to lock Season One so that I can open Season 2 ...

Happy to see so many returns. Fin, Mitth ... expect an Email over the weekend ...

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    So looking forward to this! :D

HanSolo29 likes this.
  21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Flying tomorrow ... and before that, a little teaser in the form of the final Season One Update will be up. :)

I am looking forward to it, too ... it is fun to get my mind back into GMmode.

Admiral Volshe, Ktala and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I now have ants in the pants waiting for this one! Who knew a teaser could cause so much excitement!

. . .

Alright film versions don't count :p

Ktala and HanSolo29 like this.
  23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002

HAHAH!!!

Yer not the only one!! [face_dancing]

Haven't been in character in ages, and there was SOOOO MUCH going on!!!! [face_hypnotized] [face_nail_biting]8-}

♪♫♪ In the Jujngle, the mighty jungle, the Imperials run the night....♪♦♫♫

.".and monsters..and fringging hunters... :p "

<goes back to bouncing in chair>

24. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Actually I send it to Fin but have no answer yet. Tried to post it from the airport but the computer there did not show the editing options. So I send it to Fin asking him to post it.

Two posts actually :)

If he hasn't posted it when I get to my destination I will try to find a way there before I go offline for a few weeks.

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002