main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    great article, like to drop the writer an email thanks

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  3. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
  4. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    I have always loved the prequels.

There are things that I desperately wish I could change (or slightly alter), but overall, I love all 3 of the prequel films. And ROTS is my 2nd favorite SW film, behind Empire

JEDI-RISING and jahyeshua like this.
  5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
  6. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Kinda interesting video I stumbled upon via prequel appreciation society ...

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  8. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
  9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Is your sig an indication you're not continuing with SW in the Disney Era, Darkslayer? If so, I can understand. It's very likely I won't either. [:D]

10. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Basically 'Star Wars' is now dead to Darkslayer because it's a part of Disney.

propeller likes this.
  11. propeller

Dec 4, 2014
    Crazy. Should be grateful to Disney for taking Star Wars on - they will only improve things.

12. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    I don't get the reaction either because we haven't even seen the movie yet. I'll reserve judgment after I see 'Star Wars VII'.

propeller likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    To Darkslayer the story of Star Wars is 1-6 icluding TCW because Lucas said so.
    Though with the way Lucas has changed his mind over the years hard to take that seriously.

propeller likes this.
  14. propeller

Dec 4, 2014
    I agree entirely. For me there are/were just too many elements of the prequels which didn't ring true with the OT, and for that reason I am really relieved that Star Wars is in the hands of a Director who loved the OT.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. DARTHLINK

Feb 24, 2005
    Which Clone Wars? The cartoon one that came on before ROTS, or the 3D one with Ahsoka Tano?

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wouldn't go that far but it is nice to focus on the OT era after being in the PT era for the last 15 years.

TCW 08 to present. Not the micro-series.

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I am giving it a chance, I am just preparing myself that it may not be as magical as it was under George Lucas. The RIP Star Wars thing is basically me saying that Disney has lost me a bit, what with canceling The Clone Wars and the absence of almost any Prequel era content. I grew up with the Prequels, ROTS is my favorite movie, and TCW came out while I was in high school and college, so the era has a special place for me.

Plus, Lucas wouldn't neglect the PT because of a vocal minority, but Disney seems like it might based on their actions so far. Also, the first spin off is Rogue One? It appears as more neglecting of the PT to me. Hopefully they won't, I'll give them a chance.

Also, the rumored shift away from Lucas could practically invalidate the ST to me if his ideas are totally disregarded (I think he may be misinformed, exaggerating, or misdirecting us though). Plus I am a little worried the film will be too nostalgic. On a lesser note, my favorite character and book from SW are now non-canon so I'm kinda bummed about that (even though they are in my personal canon).

Disney may prove me wrong. Indeed I hope they do. But for now, I am skeptical.

Rian Johnson has me hopeful though, and I am a fan JJ's Trek movies, so I know he can do well and hope he does.

These are just my thoughts BTW. Not trying to insult anyone :D

18. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Thank you explaining. :) You do it well. :) I hope it is well with you however it goes. I think all the fan divisiveness is pointless. If someone likes PT, great. OT wonderful. EU, grand. Some of all of it which is me, cool. No qualms from me. :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  19. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014

Now you know how the OT fans feel. We were treated like crap for the past decade. You have 100+ episodes of the Clone Wars. You had almost solid PT output. What do you want? All PT and no OT like 1999-2013?

Its not just a vocal minority. A lot of people found the PT era to be a disappointment to a large degree or another. That includes the people making the new Saga films and spinoffs. To the general public Star Wars is Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, R2-D2, Leia in her slave outfit.and Boba Fett.

I myself am so excited for the ST. It will make Star Wars amazing again. I wouldn't worry about the nostalgia. It won't be any more than the PT which you can play spot the references to the OT, especially Attack of the Clones with its shot by shot homages to stuff in Empire Strikes Back. Or when they randomly put Chewbacca in ROTS.

20. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh I like PT, OT, and some EU as well, I am just mire vocal for the PT :) Cushing's Admirer

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I am usually more so for OT and Post RotJ EU but I not afraid say what like about PT. :)

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Hahaha. What?

Alienware likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I hope anyway.

24. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Oh, forgot to tag propeller as he was the one he originally asked :)

propeller likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I am ok but I wish they were in hands of people who liked the whole Saga not just the OT.