main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The PGA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Zaz, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I don't expect Tiger to play this year, maybe half of next. Coming back from back surgery is about as complicated as it gets for a golfer, it sounds like - and knowing his standards, he's not coming back to miss cuts and finish in the top 20 on good days. I think he'd rather quit than not be able to compete for majors.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Looks like Mickelson's being investigated for insider trading.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Kaymer of Germany wins the US Open.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Kaymer is, by all accounts, a classy and humble guy. It was a dominant performance.

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Anybody remember Michelle Wie? The former child golf prodigy that was supposed to be the female Tiger Woods? Years later, nearing 30, she finally wins her first major at the LPGA US Open.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    She's 24. At that age Tiger had won 2 majors.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

9. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    My mistake. I could have sworn one of the sports announcers say she was nearly 30.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Rory McIlroy won the Open Championship.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    that's the 3rd out of the 4 majors now. Masters to go. if he gets that he'll be only the 6th pgolfer (i think) in history to achieve it. this kid be good

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Really good. I think the year Charl Schwartzel won the Masters, Rory was up a few going into the final round - could have been his first major, now it will be his last.

He has a great style of play for Augusta, I think he'll win there very soon.

13. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    yeah i remember watching that final round, he did so well to pick himself up after that and go on and win the very next major.

14. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Rory has won the PGA Championship.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Such a great year for Rory. I'm hoping he gets the Masters next year.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    My God, the Ryder Cup is like the best idea in sports. Even if the USA have no hope.

18. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Great day for Europe. Lovely to steal that half-point right at the death :p 7-1 up on the Foursomes. Incredible!

Tomorrow will be great! Not unknown at all for a team 10-6 down on the penultimate day to sneak a half-point win on the singles.

19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    For a long time, the US ruled at the singles, and it was just a question of whether the European's lead was big enough going in. Not sure if that's the case anymore?

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    At Valhalla, the US dominated in singles - not sure if they have since. Certainly not in 2012 - Europe is just so much more talented than the Americans at this point, don't expect any comeback this year.

21. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Seems a one-sided card

22. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    If you look at the current world rankings, Europe certainly have a very strong Top 4-5, but the US has somewhat better depth, so overall it's somewhat of a wash. But Europe has excelled at the two pairs formats played Friday and Saturday for years, meaning the US has almost always gone into the singles behind. Back when the US were clearly superior man-for-man, they could make up the difference, but it was alot of pressure. Now that Europe has caught up, and maybe surpassed the US, on an individual level, it's almost impossible, and the pressure is almost insurmoutable. The US really need to figure out how to play the pairs formats better if they want to have a chance. Of course, they did that 2 years ago and then lost on Sunday ...

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    What a weekend. Yankees-Sox, and The Masters.

Tiger's back, Rory's going for the career slam. Give me Adam Scott of Australia to win his second green jacket. Perfect game for this course.

Oh, and today was the Par 3 contest - 75-year old Jack Nicklaus dropped an ace on the 4th hole. I love Gary Player and Ben Crenshaw's reactions in the tee box - they're almost more excited than the Bear is.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

He said he'd drop an ace when they interviewed him yesterday, I think.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, there's a Vine of him talking with SVP saying he'd make one. Quite the shot caller.

Juliet316 likes this.