main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming In the End They'll Beg Us to Save Them: The Deus Ex Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Apr 16, 2010.

1. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    the more I play this game the better i like it. except the boss battles. so much for a no kill run.

i am wondering what it would be like to have a darker Jensen, and kill everybody i face? might be fun.

2. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Bosses don't count if you're going for no-kills. :)

3. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Just picked this up, in Hengsha currently.

Can't imagine playing this without the hacking skill. Still on a no-kill run but I think I triggered an alarm at least once. :(

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    If you haven't got the DLC yet then now would be a good time as it's all on offer on XBL right now. It's the weekly deal so there's plenty of time to get it too. I just picked it up but I won't be able to play it until Thursday as I'm out all tomorrow and will be too tired in the evening.

5. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    My no-kill run failed before it started because I didn't realise the guys in the intro that invade the lab count. Your only option is to run for those, which I didn't know.

Can't be bothered replaying the game.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  7. MarcusP2

Jul 10, 2004
    It's coming to all consoles and the PC too IIRC.

8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Awesome, I can now pick this up!

Loved the game and to have those boss battles be given a stealth/non-lethal option would be fantastic. Plus, there's developer commentary throughout the game apparently, which is something I love about Valve games.

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Might as well use this for the sequel, too.

10. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I asked for this.

Ender Sai likes this.
  11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Crap, I'd guess I should actually get around to finishing HR, then.

12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    What uncanny timing, I just started replaying Deux Ex: Human Revolution last night :)

Aaaaaaw yeah! And this is the first Deus Ex game where the protagonist carries over from the previous game! I finally got what I wanted.

Now, just have this released say around November-December, drop it under the tree and this could be my best Christmas yet.

I'll be interested to see where this fits in with the overall universe of Deus Ex. Now that we have two Adam Jensen games, I wonder if they're working up to re-introducing JC Denton.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I am so happy about this news. Human Revolution was so brilliant, so worthy a successor to the original.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  14. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Does anyone think that maybe Human Revolution was a reboot disguised as a prequel? I get the impression that eventually they'll either re-write or write over the events of Deus Ex and Deus Ex Invisible War. After all, they are referring to Deus Ex games now as the Deus Ex Universe which, at minimum, implies Deus Ex is an ongoing series that should have regular instalments. Eidos Montreal's Far Cry, GTA or Metal Gear Solid if you will.

15. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    If I've learned one thing from Metal Gear, it's that you can accomplish a shocking amount without ever explicitly de-canonizing earlier games, especially in franchises where conspiracies are integral to the plots, so they might try that approach as long as possible. That said, it's probably something of a soft reboot in that they're not expecting most folks who play it and its sequels to have played the first two.

16. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

That's what i'm thinking. I mean, the gap between the release of Invisible War and Human Revolution pretty much gave enough time for a new generation of gamers to arrive on the scene who had never even heard of the first two Deus Ex games. Honestly, as much as I love the very first Deus Ex, i'm open to a reboot just as long as the events of Deus Ex get revisited in some capacity. That way it's still a part of the history, albeit a revisionist one at that.

In the meantime, my local EB is taking pre-orders:https://ebgames.com.au/featured/deus-ex-mankind-divided

It does say 2015 as release date too. Very exciting!

Ender Sai likes this.
  17. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Some new details emerge: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1025089

Eidos Montreal are making all the right sounds so far. I didn't like the boss battles in Human Revolution because they just lacked the feel of a Deus Ex game and went for basic action schlock. By far the low point of the game, but it sounds like Eidos are aware of this too. I tend to play the game closer to Arkham Asylum than I do Call Of Duty (though I don't mind the odd shoot out here and there when I can).

Ender Sai and TrandoJedi like this.
  18. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The Director's Cut fixed the boss fights considerably, if you haven't tried that version.

19. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    No, I only have the first edition release.

20. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I have to say that although the trailer was great, I have to admit I was taken aback by just how much action was in it. I prefer the more nuanced approach they had in previous trailers.

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

HOW HAVE YOU NOT FINISHED IT?!

22. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I'm playing HR right now, like I'm on the pause screen as I speak.

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I got to China and my enthusiasm waned riiiiight around the same time I was realizing that I really ought to minimize my gaming time until May.

24. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
  25. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Deus Ex Revision is complete! Now they're just testing.

http://www.dx-revision.com/website/

Ideally, release it before Mankind Divided so I can play revision and revisit Invisible War.