main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    1) Serious question: how were you treated like crap? There were plenty of OT books/comics/etc, and an OT-era live-action show was also in the works. I'd say it was pretty even. I feel right now like it's almost no PT and all OT.

2) It is just a vocal minority in my experience. I know very few people who dislike the prequels, in fact I would I know more people who like the PT better than the OT. I think what is happening now is that the PT generation has grown up, contributing to more positive feelings toward the PT among adult folk. Plus you have TCW and Rebels. And the general public has changed - Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, and Darth Maul are the faces of Star Wars now IMO (at least until the ST comes out).

3) I will admit that there are a bunch of ESB references in AOTC, but that's George for you, that's just how he makes his Star Wars films. I'm kinda confused as to how Chewy in ROTS was random. They were on Kashyyyk, and Chewy, being the fighter we know him to be, would naturally be at the forefront of that particular battleground IMO.

This is all just based on my experiences of course :)

2. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Its Chewie, not Chewy. If you can't even get that right, then there is no point.

3. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    This just about ranks as one of the silliest replies to an argument I've ever seen.

Anyway, I don't see how the recent discussion fits into this tread, so I suggest we get back on track.

4. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
  5. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    Alienware, mes520 and Iron_lord like this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Surprisingly Read the top comments on this Youtube Video

Wow.

7. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Addressing the idea that the Prequels and the Era in which they occurred are going to be 'swept under the rug' because of the perception that they're bad films: I feel confident that we will at some point see new Canon established in the PT Era and get the remaining unresolved story threads from The Clone Wars told in some fashion. We simply have to be patient.

Lulu_Mars and SoloBrothers like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The PT movies were released digitally alongside the OT movies. TCW content is still being released. Kanan comic as well. The OT comics are tying into the PT era as well. Not worried at all.

9. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
  10. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    couldn't say it better myself.

11. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
  12. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002

Couldn't have said it better myself... literally.

The Phantom Menace really is a cinematic masterpiece that is only ranked as my fourth-favorite film in the Saga because of the superb quality of its fellow Prequels and The Empire Strikes Back.

Sticking with MakingStarWars, here's an article from the same site talking about her nostalgic appreciation for Attack of the Clones:
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/01/how-attack-of-the-clones-turned-me-into-a-star-wars-fan/

Since AotC is my second/third favorite film in the Saga (depending on my mood, it fluctuates between second and third place either behind or ahead of The Empire Strikes Back), I really enjoyed reading the article and it furthered my appreciation for the film.

13. Alienware

Apr 19, 2013
    I love this sentiment of hers:
    "The great comic creator Stan Lee is often credited as having said “Every comic is someone’s first.” This is true of Star Wars films as well. Some might say Attack of the Clones is the worst Star Wars film, but that still catapulted me into the fandom."

And I'm going into TFA with that sort of view.

mes520, Iron_lord and Lulu_Mars like this.
  14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  15. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Unfortunately that article could also qualify for the media bashing the prequels thread. The writer just had to pick a negative tweet to post, reminding everyone to keep the hate alive! Surprised the article just didn't end with Jar Jar Sucks!

16. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    JEDI-RISING likes this.
  17. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015

I don't think that would work with me. "Attack of the Clones" was not the first Star Wars movie I had ever seen. Yet, it's my favorite one.

ezekiel22x likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Same with me ANH was my first and my favorite is ROTS.

19. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    This was posted on reddit today. It's an upcoming prequel documentary that aims to get people to "unlearn" what they think they know about the films:

20. Alienware

Apr 19, 2013

Well, it isn't a rule or anything ;) Plus it's more about your first Star Wars movie experience making you a fan of the series, not that it necessarily remains your favourite one. :)

Nice, I applaud them for this, hope they can make it happen.

mes520 likes this.
  21. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005

Hmmm, a generally good podcast, but again the lady being interviewed exhibits all the annoying tendencies of lukewarm prequel defenses - continuously giving up too much ground, having undeveloped responses to easily refutable and stupid points (the PT is about trade/politics; the guy even makes this as an argument against TPM). If you actually like the prequels, and you want to defend them on a podcast, you need to be able to mount a defense to these kind of criticisms. While it is nice to hear someone defend the PT, the woman is far too deferential to the opinions of the moron interviewing her.

22. Qui-Riv-Brid

Apr 18, 2013
    Exactly. You have to turn it on them and get them to explain the "problems".

The chances that these people have seen the films as many times as you have and even know a quarter of what is actually going on in pretty slim.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So today I destroyed two Prequel Haters in an Argument and it felt good

Especially because I convinced them to rewatch them.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

25. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    What was the argument about if you don't mind me asking.