main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Favorite side charecters in ANH?.

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by King Terak, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    Cheers :) .......I was meaning the original 1970s line of characters.....he's such a cool looking alien

2. RogueZero

RogueZero Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2009
    [​IMG]
    The droid on the right. I dunno, he seems like the loneliest, most pathetic droid in the galaxy.

Oh and in this scene, that Grand Admiral (? No gold shoulder tassels like Thrawn though) on the left. What's his story?
    [​IMG]

3. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    The Grand Admiral has been retconed into being an older Admiral Yularen from the clone wars cartoon per Wookiepedia.

now my favorites from A New Hope are

1.Wedge Antilles
    2. Figrin D'an and the Modal Nodes also know as the cantina band.
    3. Chief bast(the guy who warns tarkin that the rebel plan may pose a danger and asks if he should prepare tarkins shuttle)
    4. Kabe the Chadra fan who is getting a drink at the bar in the cantina(Kabe has one of the coolest EU backstories too, in the EU she is the adopted daughter of Muftak the Talz that is scene in the catina, the mental image of a Talz carrying a drunk Chadra-fan is hilarous.

4. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Chief Bast, Biggs Darklighter, Admiral Motti, General Tagge, General Dodonna.

5. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Did the guy in the white have a name other than Yularen before TCW?

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    whostheBossk and DARTH_BELO like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Wedge, Biggs, Red Leader, Pops, Porkins, Tyree, Hutch, Gold Leader... Are you sensing a pattern here? FYI, I am a pilot.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Mouse Droid. What will the saga be without him.

[​IMG]

9. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    There's a smoking lizard wearing a red turban.

He's basically one of my favourite side characters of the whole saga.

Chancellor Yoda and solo77 like this.
  10. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    General Tagge and Admiral Snotty Motti. The Force-choking scene in ANH made a big impression on me as a child and is still one of my favorite scenes of the OT.

11. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    Jawas! :)

solo77 likes this.
  12. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015

What's the name of the white droid? I like him.

My favorite is Momaw Nadon, visually cool. If we have a cantina in the ST I would like to see him againl[​IMG]

13. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    CZ-3, I believe.

[​IMG]

14. Messi

Jan 14, 2015

Hahahah...He looks clumsy and cockeyes.

15. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    This is an old thread.

R5D4 is my favorite, had the toys when I was younger and always liked his design and style.

Messi likes this.
  16. Binary Sunset

Binary Sunset Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 31, 2014
    Chancellor Yoda and Messi like this.
  17. Messi

Jan 14, 2015
    Most of the characters of the cantina have an aura of mistery, one of them is the spacer.

18. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
  19. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Probably General Dodonna. I like his lecture. I do like the scene of Vader choking Motti for some reason. I guess I like it for how obnoxious Motti is, and I appreciate how Vader delivered his lines. I wish we had gotten more of Biggs Darklighter in the film. They should have left all the deleted scenes in, and if they had done that, we could have seen Han being naughty by gettin' kissy with the woman in the bar. Lol.

Chancellor Yoda and Iron_lord like this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the book, its implied that she's an alien:

In a rear booth they encountered a sharp-featured young man perhaps five years older than Luke, perhaps a dozen—it was difficult to tell. He displayed the openness of the utterly confident—or the insanely reckless. At their approach the man sent the humanoid wench who had been wriggling on his lap on her way with a whispered something which left a wide, if inhuman, grin on her face.

21. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    On the topic of Imperials being side characters, Renz.

22. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

Dang. I haven't reread the ANH novelization since, like, 2004. I need to do that. During 2013, I enjoyed Alan Dean Foster's writing in Splinter of the Mind's Eye. Apparently, Lucas wanted to make sure that everyone felt they could come to see his film when he first made ANH. But, then, as an EU fan, I prefer Star Wars for adults over Star Wars for kids.:rolleyes: [:D]

I suppose a lot of people like Motti as a side character because he's so full of himself. He's hyermasculine to a fault, and it's a hoot to laugh at. The Death Star is part of how he proves his masculinity, and he's not that different from men who like to show off their large vehicles, weapons, technology, etc. in real life. Lol. Tagge, by contrast, seemed more cautious. He definitely has ambitions, but he's worldly wise enough to understand that the Rebellion could be a much more dangerous than anyone realized. I guess he agreed with Vader on that topic. At any rate, I regard Tarkin as the primary antagonist of ANH, not Vader. Vader doesn't really become fascinating until TESB and ROTJ. Of course, I've read a lot about Tarkin in the EU well before he got his own novel in 2014.

Anyway, if you notice, there are a lot more officers willing to stand up to and talk down to Vader in ANH than in the other two original films. It begins with that random Imperial dude he's talking to at the beginning of the film. He's not being too disrespectful, but he's like, "She'll die before she'll you anything!" He's another side character I like. Just shows one officer in the Empire doing his job. But, then, a lot of people in ANH come off as a little too dramatic sometimes, probably because Lucas was always telling them to be "faster and more intense." If you'll notice, that stopped when he let other people direct his films. Lol. Well, I've been on a Vader kick of late because I watched EvanNova95's Vader vs. Caedus video and Antoine's Vader vs. Voldemort video. Vader is a terrifying, complex, twisted, conflicted, messed up motherfornicator, and some of Lucas's decisions regarding him were among his best ideas. Or so I think.

Iron_lord and DarthSheev like this.
  23. Binary Sunset

Dec 31, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Bolvan and Hija.

Bolvan and Hija are individuals in one scene however they are major roles for the events that occur in the Original Trilogy.

24. chagrian_scavenger

chagrian_scavenger Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 17, 2015
    I like many of the creatures and people in the Mos Eisley Cantina. A lot of them get detailed backstories in the 'Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina' book!

Some of my favorites are: BoShek, Hem Dazon, Labria, Muftak, Mjo (the cyclops), Figrin D'an and Kitik Keed'kak (who Mark Hamill referred to as 'the giant cricket').
    Dice Ibegon and Lak Sivrak are also really great. They make a cute couple, and they are the living proof that love comes in many shapes and seizes ;).

But my all-time favorite has to be Wuher, the grumpy bartender.
    [​IMG]

Chancellor Yoda and Iron_lord like this.
  25. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    ^ Yeah, I love his "We don't serve your kind here!" and Luke's reaction makes a scene of mistaken prejudice against other humans until he reveals he's actually prejudice against droids. xD

chagrian_scavenger and Iron_lord like this.