main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Avenger's OST

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Barriss_Coffee, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    After watching the new Avenger's trailer, I realized this film is in a unique position in terms of the score. Most of the other Marvel films had distinct scores written by different composers (Silvestri, Djawadi, Doyle, Armstrong, etc). Avengers itself is scored by Silvestri. I'm assuming he'll be using the scores from the other films as well...?

At any rate, I'm looking forward to see (or rather, hear) how it turns out.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I suspect he will not be using the other scores. None of the Marvel scores has shared any musical ideas, really. This one might bear some similarity to Captain America, but I suspect instead of a leitmotivic approach to scoring all the characters he'll basically build the score around one big Avengers theme.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Well that would be a shame... to say the least. He could really do a number (no pun intended...) with all the themes combined.

And I was rather partial to Thor's theme.

4. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I love the Hellicarrier theme and The end credits theme. Just awesome. They help me write my story which is a follow-up to the Avengers and to my story that I finished writing a while back.

5. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm going to need to give it a listen. I usually like Silvestri's scores, and it's been awhile since I bought any scores, so...yeah. :p

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Well, the end credits track is always going to be the most epic, because it's the theme. :p

7. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Unless your movie is AOTC. The end credits to that has about 20 seconds of fun right at the end. :p

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Ok, but the Avengers theme was good. :D

9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I'll have to listen. :p

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I agree that the theme to the Avengers is great. There's a lot of great music on this score. Though, nothing beats BTTF's theme as Silvestri's crowning achievement.

DarthBoba likes this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I think that goes without saying. :p

12. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Oh hai necrothread.

I was delighted to learn the other day that Danny Elfman was doing the Avengers 2 score. I was even more delighted to learn, upon hearing said score, that he had apparently forgotten what he was scoring and accidentally used his old Fable theme:

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm liking the new score (bought it last night). It has elements of the Avengers theme from the first movie, the Iron Man 3 theme, the Helicarrier theme, and the Thor: The Dark World theme.

14. Scholomancer

Scholomancer Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 16, 2010
    I have to admit, I watched the new Avengers movie but I don't remember a bit of the soundtrack. That either means the soundtrack was so smooth and fit so sublimely into the movie to affect my emotions and perceptions without me noticing it, or it had absolutely no affect on me at all.

15. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    It wasn't as good as the first one. Some tracks are worthy- Ultron Twins, Vision, New Avengers but it's not memorable compared to the first and is mostly just filler.

16. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Kind of odd that only the main theme was memorable, for me at least. I was expecting numerous great themes when I first heard that both Danny Elfman and Brian Tyler were doing the soundtrack.

17. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The Danny Elfman material from Ultron is by far the best music to come out of the MCU (which isn't saying much, unfortunately). The Brian Tyler stuff is pretty "meh" in comparison.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I like all the MCU soundtracks :D