main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Greg Grunberg (Snap Wexley)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    Oops. I just realized there was a bad word in one of the excerpts and I didn't star it out. And now it's too late to go back and edit. Sorry!

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  2. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Now I'm gonna want to call his character bacon bits.

3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Fat people jokes... derp. :rolleyes:

4. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    Well didn't somebody say he was the son of Porkins? Pork...bacon bits...I can see it.

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i do like bacon.

6. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Can fat people store more midichlorians?

7. Leias_Left_Bun

Feb 18, 2013
    FWIW, I don't think "bacon bits" qualifies as a fat joke, because the reference was to Greg saying he was sprinkled around the movie. And I was just trying to make a food pun. Please let's not start in with the fat jokes.

8. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

You don't have to be fat for this one.

9. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I know him from Alias & Heroes, plus some dopey movie about movie-geeks saving the world from a meteor apocalypse I saw on SyFy a year ago--the movie was super-cheesy as all of those types of films tend to be, but the conceit was enjoyable and he & his sidekick were fine in it.

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I had a dream that I was Greg Grunberg a couple of months ago. Well, not Mr. Grunberg himself, but I literally dreamt that JJ Abrams was a very good friend of mine and he came up to me and said "I can't believe I just cut from R2, to Han Solo, then to to you!"

Immortiss: Wish Fulfillment
    Grunberg: Wish Realization

11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    He says he's not in it a lot and he's Poe's rival X-Wing leader, looks like we can be virtually certain he's playing the role outlined for Denis Lawson.

Krueger and Dak Oolron like this.
  12. coxie0520

coxie0520 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2014
    I couldn't find a Ken Leung thread so I'm going to post in a fellow former Lostie's thread :p

It's only a cameo role, but I'm very excited to see "Miles Straume" in TFA :D

13. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    I hope these pilot characters have fun personalities. We only saw brief glimpses of that Rebel pilot world in the OT, because while Luke flew an X-Wing, he mainly went off to do his own thing. We didn't really get to know Wedge or Biggs at all, and the pilots rarely got a chance to let loose because they had to "cut the chatter" most of the time. I bet Poe will be more involved with that pilot element than we've seen before, so it'd be a cool opportunity to more fully flesh out those characters and see them let their hair down a bit more.

What kind of personality do we think Grunberg's character might have? What type of characters does he usually play?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Yeah, Mark and Carrie got killed for needing to lose weight, but it's cool for Greg, people will just make jokes :rolleyes:

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Source/quote?
    I agree. And I think it would be really interesting to see a rivalry between comrades like what was mentioned in the first post I quoted above. :)

16. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    ...so certain are you, that Wedge would've still been flying an X-wing 30 years later?

T-R- likes this.
  17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    There's bits and pieces from MSW and SWU, its a matter of marrying up the commentary of those sites with the quotes. They say he's an X-Wing leader opposite Poe, may be i'm reading between the lines and others are taking the term rival to be mean more in the way of competition between the two.

The way i'm seeing this is Poe leads one group (Red Squadron?) and Grunberg leads another (Blue Squadron?) in the attack. May be we will see some friendly banter between Garven Dreis and Dutch Vander in Rebels if they appear in that show. That would certainly rhyme through the saga.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  18. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Denis Lawson was sure, his agent said he found the scenes he was asked to do boring. I doubt, like many others on here if you look up the Wedge thread, that he wasn't describing anything other than sitting in a mock up X-Wing cockpit as he described doing that in previous films as boring too.

19. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    Standing/sitting on a bridge or in a command center giving a couple orders like Dodonna, Rieekan, or Ackbar might be considered 'boring', too. Bottom line is, we don't know what Lawson's role actually would be... but a 'rival' squad leader to Dameron, in friendly competition with a hotshot half his age, doesn't seem terribly likely--tho it would probably have been a lot less 'boring', too, if the "old timer" vs "kid" rivalry were written well. Then again, he's sorta playing up the "old timer" stuff in the BBC show he joined a couple years ago, "New Tricks", about retired detectives brought back to work cold cases under younger leadership...so maybe he wouldn't have wanted to do something similar but strapped into an X-wing or stuck on a bridge. Seems more likely that Ackbar or Nien would be replacing Wedge--all heroes of the Battle of Endor.

T-R- likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Grunberg said his character was no more than an extended cameo, this matches Wedge's appearances in each of the original trilogy. His codename/rumoured name SW could also be translated as Sequel Wedge and having a younger rival leading another squadron is far from unlikely and has happened in different formats in other films and tv.

As for age or time being a decider that he won't be flying or leading an X-Wing Squadron, back in ANH there was Garven Dreis who had flown during the Clone Wars with Anakin Skywalker.

Finally spinning it around a bit, why would Wedge or Numb be given an Ackbar role? Ackbar is a strategist not a pilot or co-pilot.

But that is my opinion and anyone can disagree.

21. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    First of all, Grunberg can be the ST's "Wedge" without actually replacing Wedge. Just as Rey is probably the ST's "Luke"...doesn't mean Luke isn't around, this is just the slot the character fills (in Grunberg's case, the non-main Rebel Resistance pilot who--hopefully--survives all 3 films)

Second, Garven Dreis didn't fly with Anakin in the Clone Wars. The original story was that he was a boy when he met Luke's dad:

Later, after George decided to set the war only about 2 decades before ANH, they put him as a young man flying during the war...but that's non-canon. And in any case, it was only 20 years difference; Wedge had already been with the Rebellion for at least 4 years when Endor happens, and then you tack on another 30 years. He probably moved on from the pilot seat, eventually.

22. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Agreed. And they're both apparently in the Resistance. Cool. :D

coxie0520 likes this.
  23. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I love how JJ Abrams close friend is revealing the most tidbits.

24. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...-star-wars-greg-grunberg-is-living-the-dream/

my kind of scum likes this.
  25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.