main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Possible The Force Awakens Exhibit at Disneyland in November

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ManaByte, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    In May Disney closed the Disneyland Prison (aka Innoventions) suddenly. It was so sudden Cast Members learned about it from the news Hub backstage and not from their managers in advance. Apparently they're going to re-open it in November with a revamp making the entire top floor Marvel (it already had Cap, Iron Man, and Thor) and the entire lower floor "Star Wars Universe"

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/entry.php?1234-November-Penciled-In-for-ComicbookLand

They're training 40 Entertainment (NOT Attractions) Cast Members for whatever kind of thing it'll be. Since TFA comes out in December, and with Iger wanting the attractions to focus on the newer characters, it's probably certainly going to be based around The Force Awakens.

TheBBP and Dra--- like this.
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    A great new ride would be a crazy ride through a Star Destroyer.

Satipo, thejeditraitor, Rabs and 2 others like this.
  3. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

This makes me giddy. We are going to be at Disneyland the first week of April and I was convinced that I would not be lucky enough to see anything done.

[​IMG]

PymParticles and Satipo like this.
  4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    They might do something like they did for Tomorrowland, but without the footage.

They also announced plans of a $1 billion expansion of the Disneyland park last week. No one knows what it will be used for specifically but most likely Marvel and Star Wars. They did make it clear that this will not be a third gate (a new park) and it won't be finished until 2024. They announced it early because they are having tax disputes with the city of Anaheim and are using this planned expansion as a bargaining chip.

TheBBP and HanSolo29 like this.
  5. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Sounds like something they might not have wanted out till D23 lol.

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This.

This is the same thing I heard as well. It's sounding like it could be a special exhibit that will be temporary for the film's release. I think they have one up for Ant-Man right now. The more permanent Star Wars offerings will be coming much later. I would keep an ear to D23 for Disney Parks announcements.

Word on the street is that a huge expansion got approved for Hollywood Studios last week as well, so it's definitely coming to both coasts.

7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Regardless it will be worth checking out.

TheBBP likes this.
  8. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Doubtful, but does anyone thing the "actors" will be getting any advance knowledge of the movie from their training?

9. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Highly unlikely. At Star Wars weekends the costumed characters don't even speak unless they have too. At Celebration there were about a dozen guys in First Order trooper armor walking around and a girl dressed as Rey posing for pictures with her speeder. They were just there for photo ops and nothing else. I suspect it'll be the same for these new attractions.

10. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

When I worked Star Tours in 2005 I was the only Cast Member operating the ride who had even seen Star Wars. So I doubt any of them are really fans. They go to the Disneyland Entertainment department in the hopes of hitting it big as an actor or something.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Haha! This so reminds me of the "Disney Character Breakroom: I'm a Dancer" video. It sums up the mentality of some of the entertainment cast perfectly. I won't link to it directly since it contains some words on the disallowed words list (it's not too bad, but I'm not sure how strict they are with that with embedded videos), but if you search for it on youtube, it should be the first hit.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  12. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

When I was going through Traditions (Disney's orientation class) there was one guy who was only getting a job there in the hopes of getting his hip hop mixtape into the hands of someone in the music area of Disney.

DarthIshyZ and HanSolo29 like this.
  13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Man, you're killing it with the gifs lately. Keep 'em coming.

14. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    This has been debunked already. There is no Star Wars movie exhibition going to Disney theme parks. It's only going to be Avengers and Marvel.

15. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Link? As of yesterday, the story the OP referenced (dated 6/24) still seems to be the one being circulated on various news sites and blogs. That appears to be the latest news on the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.