main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    The male Sith looks more like a cyborg than a biological creature.

3. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    The discussions about the true identity of the female Inquisitor remind me of the conversations from TCW thread about the true identity of the temple bomber....If you didn't believe it then, odds are you don't believe it now..:D

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    if it is barriss great. that would make sense. if it's a new character that's great too.

5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  7. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    Not necessarily, he most likely doesn't even know. I think he was just pointing out it war a Mirialan.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, Freddie is pretty aware of what the fans are saying, so chances are he knows everyone thinks it's Barriss and is just fueling the flames of speculation. ;)

jabberwalkie and henryj95 like this.
  9. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    I don’t know why, but I love that Freddie does that.

cwustudent and podjazd like this.
  10. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

We'll, if he recorded dialog for a season two episode with a line like: "I know who you are, Barriss Offee. You betrayed the Jedi Order and bombed the Temple right before the end of the Clone Wars. Figures somebody like you would become an Imperial attack dog." Then he would know for sure. [face_whistling]

11. henryj95

henryj95 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2014
    I just think there's slightly more proof against it being Barriss than for. I think Todd the Jedi is absolutely right about the way Freddie likes to interact with the fans. Also, twitter has made it pretty clear that Meredith Salenger has not done any more Star Wars voiceover work. And if the female Inquisitor is being voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar (as I assume she is), it would be a kind of random re-cast. The only person who's been re-cast since TCW for Rebels is the Emperor and that's because they were looking for him to sound more like he did in RotJ instead of a different interpretation.

The new Inquisitor also doesn't look like Barriss. The only character who (in my opinion) looks drastically different is Ahsoka, and I think that's because they've made her look more like Ashley Eckstein now that the potential for live-action representation is a very real possibility.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  12. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Hmm... well, as I said a few months ago, I can see both sides of the argument and with no given names it's impossible to know for sure. I shall wait for more formal confirmation. I'd like that to be Barriss, but if it's not, it's certainly not going to stop me from watching. I just will probably think of it as a missed opportunity. if she is a new character I'm very happy to welcome her to the story and give her the same chance I give every other character. My biggest hope, whether she's Barriss or not, will be that she will be someone interesting to watch.

I should mention, though, that tattoo removal is a thing even in this day and age, and, while not canon (as far as I know) my Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor's skin in the SWTOR MMO did fade from it's natural deep red to a lighter shade of pink the further she fell to the dark side. So...who knows?

At this point I don't think anybody does.

pepoluan likes this.
  13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKKXnWeWoAAEaAK.jpg

Says species unknown in the magazine. He claims whoever wrote that description did not watch TCW meaning did not know of the Mirialan being known which could also imply Barriss (or Luminara). However while it could be of the same species. Or it could also be as the magazine says (perhaps a new species or crossbreed) or the magazine could be misleading outve negligence. Or maybe the mag is referring to just the male and Freddie blew the lid off it?! The mag image isnt very clear.

I mean it could be Barriss again that underwent surgery, saw stranger crap. I still get a Zygerian impression off the character along with Mirialan and a Nightsister-like hat,..unless Filoni and his design crew were deliberately just throwing in old TCW ideas and inspirations into the design.

14. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    You guys are right, it's obviously not Barriss.

Just like the temple bomber wasn't Barriss.

:D

(Seriously, let's not delude ourselves yet again. Occam's razor amirite?)

And on the issue of the face being different...this is a galaxy where you can change your entire look in five seconds with a single injection:

[​IMG]

Removing tattoos or changing your eye color shouldn't be that much of a stretch. Especially since Barriss would likely want to hide her identity, seeing as it was plastered all over the place when she was convicted.

pepoluan, Darth_Pevra, lbr789 and 2 others like this.
  15. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Then maybe femquizzy isn't Barriss, sharkface there is. She just went all out on the disguise this time.

16. henryj95

Mar 10, 2014
    Personally, I was never in doubt that the temple bomber was Barriss. Nobody ever addresses the actor side of this issue and that's the big giveaway that it's NOT Barriss.

Also, I think the fandom (specifically on this forum) took Barriss' involvement in that Season Five arc and ran with it. One comment by Dave Filoni, saying that he had/has plans for Barriss, does not confirm that she was one of the most important/central characters to come out of that show. He had plans for pretty much all of the characters. I think it's more likely that she would've shown up in at least one of the TWELVE remaining episodes of TCW featuring Ahsoka than in Rebels.

I loved the Sabotage arc of TCW but I don't think Barriss "staying evil" and/or becoming an Inquisitor does anything meaningful to her story. I think it's just wishful thinking springing from the sub-fandom that came out of that arc of TCW.

moonjump05 and jabberwalkie like this.
  17. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    What Barriss did in that arc wasn't necessarily evil or dark, it was trying to prove a point, but pointing the blame elsewhere. When the truth was coming out, she got desperate and tried pointing the blame elsewhere yet again. She wasn't doing any evils of a sort [though of course, blowing up innocents probably is evil in its own right].
    What happened to her afterward is yet to be known, but maybe while in custody Palpatine came to her or some such and molded her into a dark adept. No-one knows.

18. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Barriss is a terrorist, she used fear to try and get her way. If that isn't evil or dark then I don't know what is.

If she is an inquisitor, fine whatever. (I have very little emotional attachment to the character in any way) but that just means she spent the last 15 years killing more Jedi for the Empire and will be trying to kill the Ghost crew. That is evil.

If you want her to return, that's cool. But she is evil, don't sugarcoat it.

19. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    I am so not in the right mind today, so might have been a bit more farfetched than what I planned to say.
    What I meant was, she herself might not have thought what she was doing was evil, since in her mind she was only trying to make a point. Being a terrorist is a part of evil, but she herself might have tried justifying her actions to not be that. Palpatine, as Sidious, could have then told her not to hide behind such distinctions, thus her mindset is changed on that point of view as well. Then she embraced being evil.

20. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    No one is a villian in their own mind.

21. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    DanielUK likes this.
  22. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

Meh, woobifying characters isn't my thing.

Her actions speak louder than beautiful tears. She deliberatly planned and bombed a hangar, killing multiple people. She then proceeded to murder her accomplice and guards. She attacked a bystander to steal her lightsabers. She then attempted murder on her 'friend' and framed her when the murder didn't work out. Finally, she fled arrest by dueling with deadly intent.

This is not a series of, 'ohhh ooops' events.

Plus, if she joined the inquisitors, what has she been doing? More events out of her control? Is she ever responsible for her own actions?

I am a firm believer that actions can be forgiven but not forgotten, however even then some actions should not be forgiven. Barriss is well into that second group.

If Barriss is femquizzy or shows up in Rebels her only redemption is death at this point.

23. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    I also think they might be throwing us off the trail a bit with the different voice actor. Seems like the sort of thing they'd do.
    But if Barriss is an Inquisitor, and Ahsoka found out, isn't that sort of putting a lot of side focus on her with interactions from her past?

24. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013

True, Ahsoka has a lot on her plate already. If Filoni et al are using her sparingly, then bringing in another blast from the past isn't the way to go about it.

25. henryj95

Mar 10, 2014
    Yep. Just remember all the roles everyone on here was hoping Luminara would serve in Rebels (many having to do with cliche "remember what happened to my padawan?" things). And she was only used within the context of what Rebels had taught us. She was a great Jedi Master and nothing more specific.