main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Benicio del Toro (DJ) in TLJ

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Leoluca Randisi, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    Benicio Del Toro Wanted As A Villain For Star Wars: Episode VIII
    He may bring menace to the Force
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]21 July 2015 | Written by James White | Source: The Wrap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He’s already spent time in space thanks to his relatively small role as The Collector in Guardians Of The Galaxy. But if The Wrap’s report turns out to be true, and he makes an actual deal, he could be headed to the most famous intergalactic destination in Disney’s current line-up, as the company wants him to play a villain in Star Wars: Episode VIII.
    Rian Johnson is writing and directing the second of the new trilogy films, and, somewhat naturally, very little is known about the film beyond the fact that it should continue the story begun in J.J. Abrams’ Episode VII. And while it appears Star Wars team wants him to bring some menace to the screen, the other details about Del Toro’s potential role, assuming he decides to take on the job at all, remain behind defensive shields. So for now, this one has to sit under the giant, hooting Rumour Alert Klaxon.
    What we do know is that Episode VIII is scheduled to start shooting early next year ready for a May 6, 2017 release date. Del Toro will next be seen in drug war thriller Sicario, out here on October 9, and Terrence Malick’s as-yet-untitled film set against the music scene in Austin, Texas, which should be on screens in 2016. Begun, the many jokes about "he's Khan in the film!!!! LOL!!!!" have.

I did Not See A better thread for this If I am in the wrong Creating this Thread I am so sorry, Moderators either Merge or please put in right Thread....

2. hilldill

hilldill Jedi Knight

Dec 4, 2013
    I'd love to see him in Star Wars! I haven't seen many movies of his, though he did an excellent job as The Collector.

Algnosis, NostalgiaFan and Darkslayer like this.
  3. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I loved him as the Collector as well and that post credits scene with Howard The Duck LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NostalgiaFan and Darkslayer like this.
  4. Woody Blues

Woody Blues Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2014
    So if they are looking at another actor to cast as a villain in Episode 8, wouldn't that mean that we will lose a villain in episode 7? Wonder who that villain will be?

5. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    either that or overcrowded on Villains....

6. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Hux will get the ax for sure…

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  7. ararha

ararha Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 25, 2013
    The general will most likely bite the bullet..

Also according to Variety Joaquin Phoenix also met up with Disney for this same role but turned it down

8. Woody Blues

Woody Blues Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2014
    Why do we say Hux will bite the bullet? Just curious... Will Hux be over Kylo or Under?

9. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Honestly Gwendoline Christie's character screams "one off villain"

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    IMHO, the Starkiller base is the Small Story, one movie, source of conflict. A Hero is trapped there, other Heroes come and save him. Hux is part of that, but possibly not part of the Big Trilogy Story Arc.

Maybe Benicio is part of whatever the Small Story is in Episode 8.

11. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Thumbs way up! He could fit into Star Wars nicely.

12. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Wow...Fenster in a Star Wars movie. I'm guessing things are about to get decidedly serious in the GFFA (dare I say--dark?)

NostalgiaFan and Immortiss like this.
  13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    every time I see Del Toro, can't help but think of him as that punk kid in the Bond movie"License to Kill" that falls and gets shredded.[face_laugh]

14. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    by the way guys what do you think of my new Avatar? Only one thing has to be said about my Avatar, "BOB" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He was brilliant in the movie Traffic. In fact, he won an Oscar for his role in that film. And he's been getting raves reviews (along with Emily Blunt) for his role in Sicario, at least thus far.

So yeah, I'd love to see him here. As for TFA villains, I could easily see Hux (ala Tarkin in ANH) or Phasma getting the axe (although I could see Phasma as the kind of villain who keeps weaseling out of trouble as well). "Uber"/Snoke could also bite it if they want Kylo to usurp him as THE main baddie going forward.

16. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    maybe "busy"

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    but you can tell it is bob?

18. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Benicio screams "space gangster" to me. I think he'd be great, and seems like he'd be a perfect fit for something from Rian Johnson's brain.

ender2k likes this.
  19. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    You are right It was to busy, I have only seen Del Toro in Guardians Of The Galaxy but what I saw I liked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. MotherNature's SilverSeed

Feb 4, 2013
    ha, I was just joking with you. I mean mine is of a robot's penis.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I was thinking it was to busy and hard to tell what it was before you brought it up weather it was a joke or not. I am really OCD so I Might change it a whole bunch of times all day;)

22. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    sorry for the double post and also off topic but I think I have found my new Avatar :cool:!

23. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004

I think so too. Chrome paint or not that's a Stormtrooper. And Stormtroopers are made for killin'.

She probably gets jumped by two Ewoks walking down that hallway.

24. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    Great! I always thought that Kylo would die at the end of TFA and that we will get a new villain in epVIII.
    Maybe Kylo won't die, but when Kylo isn't related to any of the legacy characters he probably will.

25. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Now I can´t stop thinking about Falcon entering Knowhere.