main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: The Old Republic Discussion Thread [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Master Kenobiwan, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    Is it a paid expansion?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Nope, free to subscribers. If you're a premium or free player, you can't buy it. Only for subscribers. But, again, it's free.

3. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    So if you're not a subscriber, you have to pay for the subscription. Great lol

4. Rodrigo Alves

Jun 9, 2015
    I can't take it! I've left LOTRO, for the same abusive issues, they want to charge ua for every little thing, unbelievable.

5. Jedi_Knight_AAK

Jedi_Knight_AAK Jedi Master

May 2, 2005
    Expansion is not a little thing. This is the only one thing that SHOULD be paid for.
    Now, if we want to complaint, the FREE LVL 60 TOKEN is something that not only is wrong to be in the Cartel Market, but it's wrong to exist at all...

6. Rodrigo Alves

Jun 9, 2015
    Well, idk what to think about it actually. I mean, many people have more than 1 character maybe it is a simplier way to skip the first levels.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9500 mediante Tapatalk

7. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    okay so this new Old Republic game... Is it a dlc? And is it legends or canon?

8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    It is dlc, and the timeline is set 3000 years before the films.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Right now TOR isn't canon, as revealed at SWC. I don't know why it can't be, though. There's nothing really contradicting in it. But no doubt they have plans for this era, and when they get to it they'll most likely examine it more closely.

10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    then why release new content?

11. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Yeah, I never understood why it can't mostly be canon. It's very thorough and I haven't seen any contradicting plots in it so far. Both internally and taking the Saga into account.
    I think they did a better job with continuity than most of the Legends EU :p

JediMatteus likes this.
  12. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Anyone think that Naboo will ever be in the game. I think it would be interesting to see Naboo as an independent system before it joined the Republic.

btw Anyone play on Begeren Colony server?

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  13. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't know if it will ever show up, but I would love to see it. I need to visit Naboo. Right now it's the closest I'll get to exploring my favorite planet (until we get virtual reality...lol)

14. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    We may be getting a number of new planets in the fall, who knows...

My main server is Begeren, levelling a bunch through endgame story right now.

Sent from my X-wing via R2-J6

15. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I don't think Naboo has any settlements at this time. There doesn't exist yet, and I'd expect most of the planet to be inhabited by Gungans and the like. But I think it'd be cool to add Naboo and help colonize the planet, maybe add a Gungan companion, and add a Shaak as a mount?

16. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I can imagine Naboo being inhabited by humans and gungans during this era, but is it's own independent system with a type of feudal system with lords and such. I think Pre-Republic Naboo could be interesting.

17. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Is it worth subscribing over? They sent me an email telling me to subscribe before July 31st to get a Nico Okarr companion

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    It's up to you. I'm subbed through to September and I think I'll extend it to October so I can get everything. But I want the companion and "accessories", if you don't, don't bother. If you just want the new story, all that's needed is a sub on or after Oct 19 and you can access the chapters even after your sub expires, you just won't get new ones until you re-sub.

19. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    I'm in the boat with Rebecca - I'm keen for all the stuff so i'm staying subbed (though admittedly I play a little less these days). The expansion looks good though and I suspect after a time they'll make it separately purchasable.

20. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I'm going sub around the middle of October, around 17th, to get the new vehicle, before the new expansion comes out. If you sub between July 31st and October 18th, you will get the new expansion 7 days earlier than players that haven't done that.

21. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    If you haven't played in a long while you'll find the game is drastically different now, whether it's for better or worse depends on your own experience and play style. I myself, playing on my 10th alt, a cakewalk and not very challenging. Then again, if you don't have a whole lot of time to play, you can get fairly far along in a short amount of time.

I just leveled a new Cathar BH (Hello Critty) from 1 to 21 in a few hours just from clearing Hutta, going to fleet to get my skills, and running a single bounty hunter week contract back on Hutta. (I was 17 leaving Hutta, the bounty contract gave me another 4 levels on turn in)

22. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    That's true. Even for me that I have been playing TOR non-stop, when the 4.0 update came, it still took time for me to adapt to all the changes.

But the update was awesome though, with only doing the Heroics and Class Missions I can still get way over the original planet lvl.

23. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    I love the changes, and how you get great gear for new characters relatively easy now. Although one thing that irritated me is my Sith Warrior's class mission has been missing and I can't get it back. A lot of others are affected with this, yet BioWare hasn't done anything besides issue a supposed fix a week or two ago that didn't fix it. I just decided to create a new Sith Warrior a few days ago, so kinda over it now.

24. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    The game is drastically easier now, in my opinion, though some of the particularly challenging quests I'll have to try again to see if they're any better (usually they were hard due to a mechanic or a bug so it probably won't be any different). I rolled a new Agent and he's level 34 and only just starting Nar Shaddaa so yeah, overlevelling is a serious problem now, though of course everything scales with you so it's not that big a deal generally. Meanwhile the companions are way overpowered due to the new influence system, which means I can solo the heroic Star Fortresses, which is good because I don't like people. :p

Which Warrior mission is it? Or which planet is it on, I guess. I was rolling another Warrior last week and only finished DK, don't want to continue that one until it's fixed unless it's further along in the story.

Also, anyone else have Legendary status? Enjoying showing off that little icon next to my character name, though sometimes I wish I could turn it off.

25. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    You won't have to worry about your Warrior glitching out, it on,y happened because they reset all missions when 4.0 launched. But it was the mission after Quesh when I had to use my holo terminal.