main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR How is TOR these days?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Calgamer, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Calgamer

Calgamer Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2012
    I played during beta and when it launched for about 3 months before leaving it. Has it gotten better? Is it worth trying again? I feel like I'm missing out on all kinds of great Star Wars lore (even though I guess it isn't canon now?), which makes me want to pick it up again.

Thanks!

2. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    It's great! Still tons of people playing. I'd say give it another go. They've added a lot since launch, and the class stories alone are worth playing through again.

3. Calgamer

Calgamer Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2012
    Good to hear! I'll be checking it out again very soon. Thanks!

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  4. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    It's definitely worth sinking the hours into.

StarWarsFreak93 likes this.
  5. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Indeed. Mainly playing my Jedi Knight who's level 41 currently, but made a trooper over the weekend and loving it! Kinda modeled him after a clone trooper.

6. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Also, it'd be a great time to play again, as next week, with SW Celebration kicking off, SWTOR is having a double XP weekend!

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    I subbed back in 2012 when it was still P2P, and officially resubbed again last February. I've really enjoyed it, and it's gotten me back into writing. So win/win.

8. Jabba the Pizza

Jabba the Pizza Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2015
    Is it pay to have fun? I want to know!

9. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Is it worth the monthly fee? I tried the F2P and disliked it unfortunately.

10. Jabba the Pizza

Apr 16, 2015
    Yeah me too. I had to replay a million times to kill the dark jedi boss at tython and on coruscant that gang killed me like a rat.

11. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    The Selkath right? That's where I quit.

12. Jabba the Pizza

Apr 16, 2015
    I dont know. It was last year. But that Kit Fisto guy almost made me quit. And i quitted at the part when there are gangs on coruscant.

I am Jedi Soldier/Guardian (i think)

13. Tobeh

Tobeh Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2015
    It is a gay where, if you only stick to the main story, you will have a tough time eventually. You either have to grind or do sidequests (or both) to enjoy it, I think

14. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    Did they ever get around to allowing romances with same sex companions? With the new big supplement coming out this seems like the time to do it since there's bound to be new companions.

15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Not that I know of. I'm really quite frustrated with the limits on romanceable companions, tbh. The one-character-a-class-no-same-sex limits can be a bummer if you're really trying to build a story up. Not a lot of variety or realism there.

Endor_boy likes this.
  16. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    I've held off on playing TOR until they did right with the same sex romance. I was hoping the new expansion would finally be the point where equal treatment finally was reached but I've yet to hear anything about it.

17. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    If you're waiting for that, you'll likely be waiting a while - the effort involved in going back and making all current characters same-sex isn't worth the costs (speaking from an investor's point of view, not mine).
    I have heard that they'll likely be in the upcoming expansion, however that is post-TOR in terms of story, so you'd need to play through it all to get there.
    Adding on to that, romance in TOR isn't such a big thing, so if that's your reason for avoiding it, I'd highly suggest rethinking it. The romance is limited to a few flirt options, a few kiss scenes and things like that.

Endor_boy likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I believe you can have a less developed same sex romance, yes.

Endor_boy likes this.
  19. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    I've read that the new expansion will allow new players to start with the new expansion with a character at level 60.
    I realize the romance will just be a small part of the game, but waiting for that to be done right is a matter of principle. Knowing that I'm going to have to make compromises to my identity to create a character that isn't reflecting the character I want to reflect myself. Either I play as female for a male love interest, play male and either play as hetero or not pursue a love interest....any of those options leaves me feeling like I'm compromising too much and kills my interest in playing.

Suvlaco likes this.
  20. Suvlaco

Suvlaco Jedi Master star 1

Mar 13, 2005
    You've got a point there and I'd forgotten about that New Character 60 thing they're implementing. Hopefully it's helpful in pulling some people such as yourself back in as there's plenty to enjoy, especially with the right people to play alongside with.

Endor_boy likes this.
  21. Endor_boy

Dec 24, 2013
    I've been interested in playing for years, but the issues with gay romances with companions has put me off. Implementing equality with their new supplement is a great way to bring people in - like me.
    And thanks Suvlaco for understanding my point. It is nice to be understood. I know a lot of people out there won't understand my point.