main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Plot Bunny Donation and Index Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Plot Bunny Sock, Apr 30, 2015.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    The bunnies are running wild!!:p

1. (Obidala/Dark Obi-Wan) Obi-Wan was not chosen as a padawan and spent a year in the Agri-Corps before running away at age fourteen. He spends years wandering the galaxy doing odd jobs to survive. By the time he's twenty-five years old, he has ended up on Naboo where he meets the young twenty-year old Princess Amidala (yes, I've made her older and not a queen;)) . The two become instant friends and eventually more.

Qui-Gon and his apprentice, seventeen-year old Anakin Skywalker arrive on Naboo just after Obi-Wan and Padme have married. Anakin is instantly smitten with the princess, and he and Obi-Wan take an instant dislike to each other. Also annoying to Anakin, and worrying to Qui-Gon is Obi-Wan's close relationship to Senator Palpatine, whom Obi-Wan met once as a child and again when he arrived on Naboo. Obi-Wan views the older man as a father figure/mentor.

Palpatine knows Anakin is powerful, but he has his sights set on Obi-Wan. Over time, he lures Obi to the dark side and pits him against the Jedi's Chosen One. The fight results in serious, but not life-threatening injuries for Anakin and a vengeful Qui-Gon going after Obi-Wan. In the end, it is the love of his wife and newborn son who bring Obi-Wan back from the darkness. Together, Obi-Wan, Anakin and Qui-Gon survive Order 66, along with others, to stop Palpatine.

2. Ala Dallas Season 9 (the dream season); Just as Luke lights the funeral pyre for Anakin on Endor, the scene cuts to eighteen-year-old Luke bolting awake in his room on Tatooine. It was all a dream. Or was it? Perhaps it was a vision.

The following morning, just as in A New Hope, Owen and Luke meet C-3PO and R2. Luke immediately remembers his dream, and that night over dinner, he asks Owen and Beru about Anakin Skywalker, Vader, Leia and Obi-Wan. He demands answers. Is his early knowledge of future events enough to change that future?

3. (A light-side Xanatos story) When Qui-Gon refuses to take Obi-Wan as his apprentice, his newly knighted former apprentice, Xanatos makes the talented young boy his own apprentice. Over their years together, Xan and Obi-Wan make names for themselves as the preeminent Jedi duo. Just as Obi-Wan is knighted at age twenty-five, Qui-Gon, having been gone from the Temple for years, returns with Anakin Skywalker, a boy he believes to be the Chosen One of prophecy. Xan and Obi aren't too sure. They can sense the danger surrounding the boy. Years go by, Anakin is knighted, Qui-Gon dies of old age and a darkness is fast enveloping the galaxy. Anakin and the Chancellor (Palpatine) have grown close (no Clone War, yet;)). How, why and when Palpatine reveals himself is up to the writer.

The ultimate confrontation comes when Xanatos discovers Palpatine's true identity (how is up to the writer). He, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Mace go to confront him. A battle is waged between the four Jedi on one side and Palpatine and Anakin on the other. The fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance.

4. (Dark Obi-Wan) While on a solo mission when Anakin is sixteen, Obi-Wan disappears without a trace. The Jedi launch a brief search, but after six months with no results, the Jedi declare him dead and Anakin is given to a new master. Years later, Anakin is twenty-three, a Jedi Knight and doing well. (Whether or not he's married to Padme, or anyone else is up to the writer). When the Jedi come under attack from the mysterious Sith they've been tracking, Anakin and the others are stunned to learn that Obi-Wan is the Sith's apprentice. Will Obi-Wan destroy the Jedi, or will he assist them in killing his master, the Sith who kidnapped and turned him years before.

5. After a shared vision of the future in which they see the confrontation which will leave a turned Jacen dead, he and Jaina run away at age thirteen, hoping to escape the future they saw. They return years later to learn that their younger brother Anakin has become Darth Caedus in Jacen's place. Can they stop their brother and turn him back to the light, or will the powerful Jedi twins be forced to kill their beloved sibling?

Plot Bunny Sock and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Lazy K

Lazy K Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Here's a few [face_wascally_wabbit]

Before
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan investigate a baby with abnormally high midi-chlorian levels due to either falsified medical test results or genetic tinkering.

Saga
    A female AgriCorps member arrives on Polis Massa as Padme gives birth to the twins. Mentally unstable due to having lost her child in the war, she starts to believe that Luke or Leia is her own.

Beyond (Legacy)
    AU: Jacen becomes a zoologist instead of a Jedi. During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, he works to save species (and possibly ecosystems) endangered by the introduction of YV biotech into the GFFA. He is confronted by Jaina, who demands that he join the fight.

3. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    I've actually written a story for this but it's too Mature for this site, I'd love to see other people run with this idea.

Padmé Amidala in the life support suit [Suitless Vader/Padmé pairing]: Padmé Amidala resisted the Empire, and failed. As punishment, the Emperor refused her a martyr's death and instead imprisoned her in a life support suit and gave her to Lord Vader as his slave, a symbol of Imperial power. Now she travels with him as an "advisor". How will two broken people find each other?

• Palpatine injures Padmé and puts her in the suit. How this happens is up to you.
    • Padmé Amidala and Vader have never met each other until Palpatine gives her to Vader.
    • The Emperor has forbidden Vader from seeing her face, how much of her face is scarred and the extent of her injuries is up to you.
    • Vader's reasons for being drawn to her are up to you.
    • Palpatine will turn her into a "second General Grievious" and she will wield a lighsaber

Plot Bunny Sock and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Q, as played by John DeLancie, pays a visit to the GFFA.

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Per rule #1 in the OP, this thread is not for crossovers. I'll allow this bunny to sit here this time, but it won't be placed in the index. Sorry.

6. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    My apologies. The idea popped into my head and it was a choice between putting it in here and in the Crazy Bunny thread.

I chose poorly.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007

I've been toying with the idea of sending Voyager to the GFFA and Q helping negotiate with the Force for a way to return them to the Milky Way. Not sure if it will see the light of day though.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    This is one bunny that I have considered making into a series using a couple of my own original characters, but that is so far in the future that I wanted to give other folks the chance to use it in their own ways, since it's a fairly utilitarian one with a proven track record. Anyway, here it is:

According to various sourcebooks, the typical interstellar warship or large commercial/private vessel (ex. a frigate, cruiser, Star Destroyer or starliner) is given a fixed span of consumables, which can be defined as all that would be needed to sustain the crew under full operational status. The essence of this plot bunny would be this: take a starship or war vessel, and send them through a wormhole or other spatial anomaly that deposits them some distance away from the "civilized" part of the GFFA, and give them the imperative to return home. This bunny can live in any era, can involve a ship from any faction, can last for as long as the author wishes, and be used to introduce any number of fan-created species, technology, and whatnot.

9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

Like Voyager in Star Trek.

It does sound interesting but I have enough plot bunnies right now to keep me busy for some time.

10. Lazy K

Sep 22, 2012
    Is it worrying that I immediately thought of the Endor wormhole when I read this?

Here's one that bit me a couple of days ago: Someone from the Legacy EU goes back in time to "fix" history and inadvertently derails it into becoming the Disney EU. Or vice versa, if you prefer it that way.

EDIT:
    Because this post by divapilot got me wondering about a C3PO/R2D2/BB8 love triangle. Too vague to be a proper plot bunny, but I needed to get this out of my system.

Plot Bunny Sock likes this.
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

If they ever made a movie, could Eric Bana star as that person and J.J. Abrams direct? ;)

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Very shortly, I'm going to bring the indexing of this thread up to date. In doing so, I'm going to switch from copy/paste to quoting, so if you have alerts for being quoted turned on, I apologize in advance for potentially spamming you with alerts. :p

13. Plot Bunny Sock

Plot Bunny Sock Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2015
    All done. Some of the fics were hard to categorize due to vagueness, so if I inserted your bunny in the wrong era, please say so and I will fix it.

As a general note, anytime you want to get my attention, it is better to tag my regular account, jcgoble3, rather than the sock account, as I only log into the sock about once a month or so. Additionally, if you ever have a need to PM the sock with a private question, include both accounts; including my regular account makes it easier and quicker for me to respond, and including the sock helps with filing in the event someone else takes over the sock at a later date.

14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Dark Leia:

During Vader's interrogation of Leia, he discovers that she's a Force sensitive. As he investigates her past, he discovers that she's his daughter. Instead of executing her, he has one of his Inquisitors take her away from the Death Star to begin her training. He lies to Tarkin, claiming that she has been executed.

15. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    A fic based on an special task force of Imperials (or planetary forces) made up of both law enforcement and intelligence officers. A dramatic thriller & police procedural (kind of typical TV show, friendships, romances etc), where they are forced to solve various crimes on an ecumonopolis planet riddled with spice trade, slavery, black market deals, gangs, and typical crimes/mysteries. This is all while there is a much larger event at play - a mastermind named Exodus who is manipulating much of the planet in some way (much of the crime, plus his influence stretches into even their ranks). He fights back against them as they start to tame the planet's flourishing underbelly (which is his domain). Who he is - that's a mystery. But the hints start to pile up and suddenly they're not just enforcing the law, but they're also wrapped up in his schemes. They can't necessarily trust each other, and they definitely can't trust even the average citizen.

jcgoble3 and Exeter like this.
  16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Episode 7 speculation or AU fic:

Fic where estranged father and daughter are reunited. After a rocky, angry start, the make a real connection.

Lady_Misty and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Lazy K

Sep 22, 2012
    Since my profile page is starting to overflow with rabbits that I can't look after properly, I'm letting them loose here. :D

Before
    - Mop of the Jedi: a secret group of Jedi whose role is to clean up the Order's more embarrassing mistakes

Saga
    - AU: Luke is a not-quite-random war orphan whose purpose is to divert attention away from the real Luke Skywalker
    - IT: A group of padawans take advantage of a Rebel attack to escape being captured by Vader
    - A Rebel tech with a grudge against ex-Imperial pilots deliberately does a sloppy job of maintenance on their starfighters.
    - Yoda stalks Luke as he grows up on Tatooine - either through the Force or by physically being there.
    - Anakin Solo goes back in time in an attempt to become Darth Vader by stealing the mask.
    - Just Say NOOOOOOOO! - Imperial public awareness campaign that show drug users being "rehabilitated" with interrogation techniques
    - AU: Leia falls to the dark side on Jabba's sail barge

Beyond
    - A band of mercenaries hired to bring Jabba the Hutt's remains back to Nal Hutta fall victim to Jabba's intestinal flora.
    - The Captain of an ISD tries to uphold the ideals of the New Order in the chaotic aftermath of Palpatine's death
    - Every year, an ex-Imperial New Republic pilot visits Endor to mourn for the dead on both sides
    - Heir to the Hutt: various criminals try to become the #1 crime lord after Jabba's demise

???
    - A pair of time-traveling anglers visit various GFFA locales in search of A Bigger Fish.

Sith-I-5 and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Excellent list, Lazy K! :D

Summon Bigger Fish! [face_rofl]

19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    So many great ideas!!

New Order? I may be writing this right now in 2 different forms. :D :p

I may adopt this for a one-shot.

jcgoble3 and Ewok Poet like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    "Every year, an ex-Imperial New Republic pilot visits Endor to mourn for the dead on both sides"

I may have something like this as a part of the plot in my huge-a55 epic in 2016.

Admiral Volshe and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Okay, here's a couple of plot bunnies I am putting up for adoption.

First one: during the war between the Rebellion and the Empire the Rebels discover a way to bring beings from parallel galaxies to theirs. The only hitch is that you must switch someone out for their counterpart. e.g. Princess Leia has to switch places with Jedi Leia Skywalker and Lord Vader has to be switched for Anakin Skywalker; (in)famous bounty hunter. Confusion and chaos insures as they have to explain things to Jedi, bounty hunters, loyal officers and stay at home parents what is going on.

It is your choice how the device works, e.g. Vader vanishes from wherever he happens to be and bounty hunter Anakin Skywalker appears in his place or Mon Mothma disappears from the meeting room she was in and homemaker Mon ________ is suddenly standing there holding a stack of neatly folded clothes in the room with the device.

The second one:as a young child or teenager Shmi Skywalker is taken under the wing of a powerful crime lord/lady and learned how to one day replace her mentor. Years later she is a powerful leader of a criminal empire When her son is abducted during a class trip she secretly contacts the Jedi; telling them that if they rescue her son alive and unharmed she will give them the information on corrupt politicians, other criminal elements and certain black markets that will lead to countless of arrests.

It is up to you if Shmi is as evil as they come to those under her or if she is benevolentish and only punishes those under her for their blatant mistakes and if they tried to betray the group.

22. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    A DDC 2016 fic written from Finn's POV, in a prequel set before TFA.

Nyota's Heart, Ewok Poet and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    My apologies for the spoiler in this previous post. I was not thinking clearly. Thank you Findswoman and Ewokpoet.

24. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Just checking—would this qualify as a spoiler? I got a sentence or two in and thought it might be, so I just wanted to make sure, in case this is one of the designated spoiler-free areas of the boards.

25. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    brodiew Not everybody has seen TFA yet, maybe put that under a spoiler tag?

Findswoman likes this.