main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    So very sad, I sure hope its fixed to be two separate worlds in the new canon. May it live on in Legends, in my own mind at least. RIP Defender of the Core and of the Azure Imperium.

Only upside could be a good opening for a new planet destroying superweapon, but still not worth the trade off by a long shot.

darthosaka likes this.
  2. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    I mean you could come up with all sorts of retcons, such as... I don't know, hyperspace weapon causes chunks of the planet to appear in the area of space where the action of Rebels happens.

But really, the simplist answer is, given this is a reboot they will do what they like. If they want to make Anaxes an outer rim planet they will do it.
    I can't say I'm suprised. It's annoying and upsetting that long term fans are more or less completly ignored but this was always going to happen, we are just not an important enough demographic to bother thinking of.

Now can someone get me a violin so I can play myself a sad song to cry myself to sleep. :(

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Base Delta Zero Initiative.

You heard it here first. [face_shhh]

Hamawald and King of Alsakan like this.
  4. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Warning: About to screw up this thread with an overly large image.

ANYWAY, I'm part of a killer lineup of Star Wars scribes -- Ostrander! Stackpole! Windham! Zahn! Me! -- discussing our adventures in the GFFA on Nov. 6 in Hartford, CT. Full details here. You should come!

[​IMG]

5. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    That's the most mellow Darth Maul I've ever seen. :D

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I used to live in CT, but now I'm on the wrong continent for this.. :(

Gamiel likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Also! Not that she would ever do this, but just in case anybody is wondering: if SLOANE orders the retreat, she's allowed. She's an admiral.

Unlike that good for nothing Pellaeon.

Just want to get that out if the way before some wise guy says something. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Would love to come but I am in the wrong part of the world with a student's budget =((

10. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Something tells me she will not be fighting as if she's borg-implanted into a combat computer... :)

Vthuil and Pfluegermeister like this.
  11. Aphra

Aphra Jedi Master star 2

Feb 4, 2015
    A Star Wars event that I can get to with less than an hour of driving? What is this madness? Well, I'll have to check my calendar and see if I can go to this!

That aside, Jason, I have a few questions since this is the A&A thread.

1) Were any of the SaberCats girls beside Merei? (Or a gender outside of the binary?)

2) Of the cadets at the academy, were all of the following guys or girls (or neither)?: Betancy, de Grom, Thurgos, Uzall, Wheeler

3) Were Gort/Vort and Ort killed when the Gray Syndicate got raided?

12. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I suspect not, based on her two appearances so far and on her quick-thinking in the Aftermath except. I imagine she'll give the Rebels a heck of a fight!

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

13. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    The Rae Sloane short sounds amazing. The Battle of Endor, sweet!

Actually all three of those shorts sound interesting, a new story with Hera and another with Count Vidian.

14. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    So that makes three admirals at Endor that we know of: Firmus Piett, aboard the dreadnought Executor; Jhared Montferrat, aboard the destroyer Devastator; and now Rae Sloane, aboard the destroyer Vigilance.

I'm pleased as peach to have Sloane at Endor; but news of her presence just begs for all the questions the Fleet Junkie crowd would want to know the answers to: how many Imperial admirals were there at Endor? And I should also mention that, seeing as the Essential Guide to Warfare just got the basic breakdown and numbers of the Imperial fleet at Endor (how many starships total, how many of each class, etc.) finally nailed down after decades, only to be decanonized with the rest of the EU soon after, I hope this short story would go a long way toward reestablishing those statistics.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    The sheer number of admirals present goes to show how big a deal Endor was -- these were top ships, led by top brass. It is THE climactic battle. At least... so far.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Riv_Shiel and Pfluegermeister like this.
  16. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    That or the Empire just no confidence whatsoever in its Captains ;) and seeing what happened at Hoth I can’t blame them.

17. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I'm hoping the battlecruiser/comm ship Pride of Tarlandia will get an honorable mention. Or dishonorable, given the ol' Smoothie pulled a maneuver.

King of Alsakan likes this.
  18. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I really hope Ackbar gets some love in this novel.

jasonfry

Here's your chance to flesh out details of the Rebel Fleet at Endor. Those sorts of details, along with Ackbar, all lead to mortgage & beer assistance from fans like me. :p

Seriously, couldn't be happier to see you writing this. Well done!

--Adm. Nick

Ton_G and GrandAdmiralJello like this.
  19. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Hope you make it!

1) No, all the other SaberCats were male. By happenstance, not league rules or anything.

2) Unit Forn is the Academy's all-female unit. Betancy, Thurgos and Uzall are part of Unit Besh, so they wouldn't be female. Don't believe I specified what unit deGrom or Wheeler belonged to.

3) Yup.

20. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    4) Was the Gort/Vort thing in there just to mess with Wookieepedia?

21. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002

So very true. The fleet could be fleshed out with some of the unnamed background models, too.

22. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I will be honest and say AOTC was not one of my favorite SW films, but for reasons that might not be fair to the film itself. I was disappointed because it introduced so many ideas that couldn't be expanded upon in a single film. I've thought back on it and wondered if it was a problem stemming from the Hyperspace fan club and the old on-set webcam; every day we were seeing what would be qualified as "spoiler" stills and mulling over every little detail and background character, when unbenownst to us at the time many of these details and characters were in the film for a split-second (if they weren't cut completely) and would never get official names. My AOTC visual dictionary is missing most of its pages because I've reread it so many times since it's one of the best sources of any info on that film.

So it looks like it's time to learn Danish...

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do it, not only can you then read Klonernes Angreb: Den Ultimative Illustrerede Guide there are also so much Nordic Noir that you can read/watch in its original language. There are also some great comics that exist in Danish but not in English, like Valhalla.

starfish and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  25. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    God, I would have LOVED to get a peek at the Palpatine page...