main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    So this is our thread for Daisy Ridley and Rey in Episode VIII discussion similiar to the TFA thread.

And we still don't have a last name for her.... [face_dunno]

whostheBossk and Seeher like this.
  2. MovieMaster

MovieMaster Jedi Knight

May 12, 2013
  3. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000
    If shes Lukes daughter.... i'd really love to know who the mother is. So many exciting opportunities to introduce a new character there...

4. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    Damnit, I was waiting to make this thread myself!:mad:Ah well! Here's to the new thread-maker! :)

While she might be Rey Random, the evidence seems to point largely to Rey Skywalker imo. My dad and a bunch of other random audience members all seemed pretty confident that Rey was Luke's daughter. My dad even said it was "common sense," based on what's shown in the film.

5. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  6. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    Looking forward to the next 17 months of Rey's parentage discussion.

ReyKenobi and Darth_Corvus like this.
  7. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Can't wait. She knocked it out of the park in TFA.

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So do they admit she's Luke's kid at the very start of the movie or keep it under wraps until the climax?

I will say, just the look shared between them at the end, they were definitely having a moment.

We already have the Solo / Organa kid, now for Luke's. Also notice how Kylo got all uppity when someone mentioned a girl. He probably knows it's her too.

Big Boss and light_sabe_r like this.
  9. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Is the gravestone her mother? or is the gravestone for her?? Perhaps Luke was reaching out into the force knowing his wife and child were dead trying to contact them for the last however long...

I'm of the opinion she's still Luke's. I'm curious as to who is her mother and why Luke abandoned/gave up. Maybe he didn't give up? Maybe he was reaching into the force to try and find her. :)

Big Boss likes this.
  10. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    It is striking how similar Rey looks to Padme. That definitely wasn't a coincidence on Abrams part. However at the same time you'd think if she truly was Luke's kid he wouldn't have just abandoned her. Then again maybe he is teaching her some funky Jedi lesson.

11. Smirnoff103

Smirnoff103 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2015
    I think she's Luke daughter too (but who is the mother then ? :) )
    She flies very well (like her father, although Han Solo flies not bad too) and that lightsaber 'called' her in the pub.
    The force seems to be (very) strong with her (When Kylo Ren tries to attract the lightsaber to him, she 'overpower' him and it came to her)
    And to reply to BigAl6ft6 post "Also notice how Kylo got all uppity when someone mentioned a girl. He probably knows it's her too.", at the moment you see she's been dropped on Jakku and see the spacecraft leaving (with her parents ?) you only see a glove holding her and you hear a deep voice, maybe it was already Kylo Ren?

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

I think the guy holding her hand was the space alien dude she was buying rations from. That was just a guess. Didn't really sound like Ren to me. also kind of looked like his big grubby hand.

My theory is Luke had a daughter who was like 3 when Ren blew up Luke's Jedi Order (and killed the mother) and Blah, blah, blah, space things happen, Rey is left on Jakku, the only thing Rey really remembers is she has a family and has to wait for them there on Jakku.

...or her line of "Luke Skywalker? I thought he was a myth" is total bogus that she practices in the mirror every day because she's on a "confidential mission" and knows Luke is her father and is waiting for him to come back - which he never did - which is why their moment at the end there felt so weighty.

Be nice if we can make it all the way through episode VIII without, like, a trailer spoiling it or something. Probably keep it under wraps, everyone who seen the movie are wondering now.

Just the fact she's so strong in the Force seems like she's Luke's kid. And the fact the lightsaber "called" to her, and the very next line in the movie is "It was Luke Skywalker's lightsaber and his father" so that is very strong connections to the Skywalker line.

.....5% on grand-daughter of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

0.5% on "she's Han & Leia's kid but Kylo Ren / Snoke mindwiped all concerned parties" (and altered the baby photos too! Does their evil know no end?!)

13. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Well I don't know what there is left for her to learn.. I mean, she learnt ways of the Force by herself, she fights a lightsaber and almost beating up main villain.. I think it was too much too soon...

DarthBane93 and dlbates like this.
  14. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Could Rey not be related to any of them but she was another one of the kids Luke was trying to train? And was abandoned when Luke decided to disappear?

fuhry likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It's a family saga about light vs. dark, can't really do that if it's just one person from the family's next generation on the dark side, and considering how heavily the theme of family is layered into the flick, she's going to be Luke's daughter, especially if she was strong enough to defeat Kylo Ren. The final bad guy from the Skywalker bloodline - hell, the final person in the bloodline - I highly doubt it is going to be defeated by someone unrelated to that bloodline. Also I really don't think the Skywalker lightsaber is going to have such a big reaction to someone who touches it but isn't related to them. Finn didn't exactly go into vision spasms. Even if he's not Force sensitive, which I think he is, I don't think it would provoke such a reaction unless it's someone who is directly descended from the Skywalkers who held that lightsaber.

laurethiel1138 and MattOrgana like this.
  16. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    #ReySkywalker.

Make it happen, Rian.

17. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    This is what I think will happen with Rey over the course of the new trilogy:

TFA: Revealed she's Force sensitive, has her first battle with Kylo, Snoke finds out about her and she has an emotional hug with Leia. Possible mother/daughter reunion?
    VIII: Delves into Rey's past, what her vision meant, discovers Kylo's identity.
    IX: Fully trained, she must take on the enemy alone, manages to free Kylo from Snoke and the two of them, brother and sister, reinstate the Jedi Order.

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think the swerve will be, maybe not in 8, but she isn't a Skywalker or Solo. Rey is more or less something else - as another member, a Second Coming type figure.

19. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    From the novel, according to Reddit:

[​IMG]

20. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    She looks like she's from Naberrie's bloodline so I am pretty confident that she is Luke's daughter...
    As a child she was a Jedi adept.. Than trauma of splitting with her parents led to her forgetting everything about the force etc... she was probably wielding lighsaber as a child.. since she was close to it in Maz castle, she 'heard' it calling to her.. and everything had awaken in her...
    I guess... we will have to wait and see..

21. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Did you guys notice her fighting style with the saber? She was using it as if it was a staff, those thrust look very weird using a blade but is required when using a staff. Luke is either going to have to make her unlearn all that she has learn or she is going to have to make herself a duel blade staff lightsaber.

22. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Yes I noticed that too,an excellent choice by the stunt choreographer I must say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dagobahsystem and Seeher like this.
  23. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Very true. However they are going to have to get away from the Skywalker/Solo family lineage at some point. If they wish to make Star Wars movies for the next twenty years or so they can't all be about torches being passed from one generation of Skywalkers to the next.

24. StarSeed1111

StarSeed1111 Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2015

Maybe he left her there for protection? If the First Order is so hellbent on finding Luke and eliminating "the last Jedi" then his baby girl would be in extreme danger. Maybe she wasn't truly alone on Jakku. Maybe someone was watching over her from a distance in the same way Kenobi watched over Luke?

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  25. Solo-Skywalker

Solo-Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2014
    Oh please no, not again; we can talk about a lot more than her surname. How about the character herself and her ability to survive on her own, adapt and grow as a character, not withholding the fact the (birthright versus merit discussion really needs to be talked about)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.