main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Now we have a thread where we can discuss Luke and his role/screentime in Episode VIII.

whostheBossk and mattman8907 like this.
  2. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I hope the headstone means something.

3. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    "And now with 95% more Luke!"

4. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Luke had 20 seconds of screentime in TFA, so that means 39 seconds of Luke in VIII.

5. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    Wow! That's enough time to have a line of dialogue!

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Next movie will kick off probably from that moment. With Han gone, the big OT character to push on the press tour and fans is obviously Luke.

Definitely get a flashback / force vision to Ben Solo destroying Luke's Jedi Order.

Depends if he tells Rey he's her father in the opening scene or they save it until a climax, keep it under wraps.

But, yeah, whole lotta Luke in the next one. They found him, he's right there, and he has his daughter to train (and apologize for ditching her on Jakku)

mattman8907, TK42I, HHxines and 3 others like this.
  7. Cheeky Potato

Cheeky Potato Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    I hope he's not just the Yoda of the film and he actually gets to fight Kylo rather than just training Rey.

Nintari, mattman8907, S73 and 6 others like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, I get the feeling Rey may have to spend a bit of time bringing poor Luke back from possibly the edge of complete isolation and craziness but then he's Yoda and will probably also smack down Kylo at some point.

ObiWanKnowsMe and mattman8907 like this.
  9. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    I think Luke will train Rey but may still act as if he's too heartbroken/damaged to take up the sword again. He sends her off on her own adventure.

And then he shows up to save the day in the climax. The audience going NUTS as his GREEN lightsaber ignites with a snap-hiss!

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke's explanation in the next movie for why he left, will make or break the trilogy.

11. Death-T

Death-T Jedi Knight

Feb 23, 2012
    I agree. As it stands now Luke looks like kind of a coward

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Luke is the Obi-wan of the this trilogy and will rightly take a back seat. But, he will make sure Rey (whoever she is) doesn't make the same mistakes that he and his father made - Rey is the final chance to defeat the dark side and allow the Jedi to return. This is the last shot in the chamber, mess it up and Snoke wins.

Will Kylo kill him? I highly doubt; I think Luke will get a 'Yoda death' in the ST - won't sacrifice himself in action. But, I think Luke will try and reason with his former apprentice because I cannot sake the feeling a powerful darksider and lightsider will be needed to bring down Snoke. The ST has a Old Republic feel to it, when fire teams were sent to bring down powerful Sith Lords.

Remember the Mortis arc from TCW? Luke is The Father, Rey The Daughter and Kylo The Son. That's my pet theory, at the moment.

13. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    The Jedi is going to rise. Snoke said as much. I really think we are all in for a treat.

14. Anleifr

Anleifr Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    Oh man, I am sooo hoping that Luke is a total BAD@SS like no one we've never saw before. I am hoping that he is so powerful that he has the light and the dark and his eyes turn red for like a second then back every once in awhile. I want to see him throw Force balls, pull light sabers out of peoples hands, build a light saber with no hands, all with the Force as he is sitting there in front of Rey. I want to see him whip Kylo like Vadar did Luke in ESB all as he is walking toward Snoke to take him on.

15. Anleifr

Anleifr Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 17, 2015
    dude, that gave me goosebumps!!

16. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Luke's going to be the pivotal character in the remaining two films, his importance has been shouted from the mountains by Snoke, Leia, Maz, Lor and even Kylo. If Luke didn't dominate the story or be the Yoda (PT era) of this trilogy it would destroy the build up given for the overall story in TFA.

I doubt Luke will be a cameo again, not with the twitter banter going on between Mark Hamill and Rhian Johnson is anything to go by.

17. JediVision

JediVision Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2015
    Let's try to make this thread have the same "number of pages" to "seconds of screentime" ratio that the last one had.

18. Bandit Manatee

Bandit Manatee Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2014
    I think Luke is hiding out on the planet at the end and starting up a new jedi team to stop Kylo. I think Rey is one of probably a dozen padwans Luke hid from Kylo. Now this generation has come of age and has been drawn to Luke hence the "awakening" He will train them on this hidden island planet.

19. DantooineOrBust

DantooineOrBust Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    Not a lot to add here...just want to be on page one of this thread when its 1000 pages long :)

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Kylo isn't Snoke's only apprentice so Luke may need the numbers.

ObiWanKnowsMe and mattman8907 like this.
  21. jedibarrister

jedibarrister Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2001
    In the books, Luke took off to contemplate his navel while the galaxy continued to war with the remnants of the Empire. But he left Jedi behind...he tried to find and train the Guardians of Peace and Justice before he monk'ed himself. He trains his nephew and somehow loses him, and he decides to seal the galaxy's fate to Snokes and his Knights of Ren? It's character assassination.

mattman8907 likes this.
  22. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    That would be thousands of pages I hope, because I feel he's gonna have Han style screentime in VIII.

23. thecurseofchris

thecurseofchris Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    I think we deserve at least one movie where Luke is, you know, an actual Jedi. He arguably doesn't become one until ROTJ. I think Episode VIII will be his time to shine.

24. Ryan Hunt

Ryan Hunt Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 11, 2013
    I hope so too. I'd like to see him in full strength, out of exile, and kicking butt. I think we definitely need to see him in full glory with full power.

25. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015

The other knights of ren doesnt even have lightsabers from the looks of it. Going up against Luke with a glowing baseball bat is like bringing a knife when you should have brought a nuke. I got the feeling that Kylo is so angry because he realised that he isnt really at skywalker powerlevels and is trying to get as powerful as Darth Vader. He got outforced by a novice Rey who sucked the saber right out of his own force grip and who withstood his mental barrage by sheer will and no knowledge or training of the force. That is skywalker power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.