main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RX_Sith, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    So what will Kylo Ren do in the next movie or two?

Let the speculation and discussion begin.

whostheBossk and mihaitzateo like this.
  2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Can Ben Solo have his own thread too ?

3. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I think he will end up killing Snoke in 8 after he completes his training.

4. Kantz

Kantz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2015
    I've said this before but since this is on the front page I can't resist. We WILL see the ghost of Anakin interact with Kylo in either VIII or IX. After all, Kylo=Hamlet. Hence:
    [​IMG]

5. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    With him or Rey. OBI WAN couldn't interfere with Vader so maybe it has something to do with the darkside so I'm leaning towards him helping to train Rey.

7starlight likes this.
  6. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015

I can picture how Rey tells luke that she looked inside Kylo´s mind and saw someone named Vader and ask him who he was and a Voice says "I think i can answer that for you" when she turns around.

oncafar, darth_frared and dlbates like this.
  7. dlbates

Nov 30, 2014
    Snoke may be using visions of him to control Kylo also.

8. Friendslayer889

Jan 15, 2015

Sounds plausible. Darksiders dont seem to get many visitors from the ghost world. So Rey gets the real ghost of Anakin and Kylo gets an altered vision of Vader. A real light and dark contrast that i would like.

9. passon16

passon16 Jedi Master

Jan 7, 2005
    Alas poor Vader... I did not know him...

10. Kantz

Kantz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2015
    exactly, hates his uncle? causes the death of various family members and loved ones? Existential crises? check, check, and check.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Can we PLEASE see a scene between him and Leia?!

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    What stands out in my mind were the few lines between Kylo and Snoke about him being "seduced by the light" and his final encounter with Han. My guess is that his light/dark struggle will be even more pronounced in the next two films. Of course, he may also be nursing a grudge against Rey due to his injuries. Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

13. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003

Good post, and I think this is likely.

Ben obviously noticed something about Rey, during the interrogation scene. I think it showed that he's a bit of a novice with the dark side, and more attuned to the light naturally. We never hear much from Snoke about how the two of them ended up leading the First Order, nor what differentiates them from the Sith. I definitely agree that Ben's struggles are going to cause friction between Snoke and himself.

14. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    I can't wait to see what they do with Ben from here on out. Also, the Hamlet comparison is pretty interesting!

Dak Oolron, Rimfaxe96 and kip73 like this.
  15. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I agree Chained. I loved Rey, but I found Ben to be the most interesting character. My wife, parents, and I talked about him alone for about an hour after we got home from seeing it lol

oncafar, Darth Nikean, DL44Jo and 6 others like this.
  16. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

They're tied for me. I fell in love with the both of 'em. That being said, Ben is definitely the more developed and intriguing character.

Darth Nikean and MattOrgana like this.
  17. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I can also imagine Kylo (I can't call him Ben at this point) will likely have more severe temper tantrums in the films to come. Granted, Vader would occasionally let his temper get the better of him, but Kylo strikes me as having more of a raw anger which will likely make him more reckless and less calculating than Vader or Sidious. Since he isn't a Sith, his motivations may be entirely different and the wild sort of lashing out that we saw him do in TFA may be the norm for the Knights of Ren (who I would *really* like to know more about) or it could just be brash and impulsive youthfulness.

Also, I can easily see him sporting some armor the next time around. Knowing that he will be up against some formidable opponents, it would behoove him to avoid getting seriously injured and nearly killed as he was on Starkiller Base. Perhaps his Vader fanboyishness will show up here too.

DarthC3PO and Big Boss like this.
  18. Friendslayer889

Jan 15, 2015
    Would like some interraction between Kylo and Luke and some backstory what happened back at the academy and how far he got in his training before leaving.
    Kylo was after Luke to apparently kill him throughout the movie but to be fair Kylo would be sushi going up against the last "Offical Jedi" if he couldnt beat Rey.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    New helmet! Cuz his helmet done got exploded and/or fell off the ledge when he committed patricide / was shot in the gut by Chewie. Also Rey left him scarred and deformed. So there's that.

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Don't forget that the helmet is sort of a darkside artifact. A vision scene with Vader is just as possible as a ghost scene. I don't think we'll ever see Hayden in the sequels, no way. It's gotta be Vader in full attire.

From Star Wars: legacy

Something similar could be epic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    More hissy fits!

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Snoke believes Ben is the embodiment of the Force - both light and dark.

I don't think he'll be redeemed or die in the ST.

oncafar and DarthC3PO like this.
  23. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    I wonder if we will see a flashback scene of Kylo Ren as Ben Solo, X-Wing Pilot. There were photos taken early on from the set that seemed to show Adam Driver in an X-Wing pilot outfit.

24. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015

I agree. It would be a waste not develop the relationship between Leia and Ben.

I'm curious to know if she still believe there's light in him. I can see Leia saying her son is now dead and Rey wanting to revenge Han's death, with Luke trying to convince them that Ben can still be redeemed.

Canyon D, 7starlight and Darth_Pevra like this.
  25. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Ren realizing the truth about Anakin Skywalker's redemption is going to be the inverse of Luke learning Vader is his father.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.