main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Gatherings for The Force Awakens?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by dasweallycool, Nov 11, 2014.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It's an improvement on the Prequels for sure, although I think it could have spent less time copying what went before

2. Big Mac

Big Mac Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2015
    I tried for a BFI IMAX showing at 1am on Sunday morning, but couldn't get tickets.

I ended up seeing the movie at the Wimbledon Odeon in 3D at 10.15pm on a Saturday evening (and coming home on the N87 night bus).

There were barely 10 of us in the cinema. I think they might cut down the number of local screens showing The Force Awakens at night.

I might go again, with someone else or a group of people, just to have people to talk to afterwards.

Interestingly, they are showing Star Wars at the Science Museum! That might be fun for someone making a trip into London. Go visit the Science Museum and then see Star Wars afterwards.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'll probably go again after the holidays. Just a note that if you get Sky Movies they are showing all 6 films, Clone Wars, and some specials on channel 304. I believe it goes until at least January.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks to a friend getting me a ticket, I watched it with a group - friends and family - at 20:30, Empire Leicester Square IMAX 3D, 18th December.

Definitely be seeing it in the New Year, but I never reserve tickets, so be interesting to see how easy it will be to see.

5. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014

I just saw it at the Science Museum - apparently it's the only screen in Europe showing true 70mm IMAX in 2D. It was stunning! I'd highly recommend it to anyone thinking of going again.