main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well I thought he needed his own thread and could not find one, but if there is mods lock this one up.

Anyway what do you think will happen to everyone's favorite Red headed general?

Let's begin!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    well him and Kylo have issues I think there is a rivalry between them I picked up on that

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  3. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    I have a hard time imagining them fitting Kylo, Hux, Snoke, Phasma, Del Toro and whoever else they plan to have as villains into VIII while giving them all appropriate screen time. It's definitely a big concern I have going forward.

TFA barely pulled it off as it was. Phasma's screen time was so obviously reduced that it really hurts the audience perception of the character.

4. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Not really sure what perception you mean. Most of the perception we had prior to the release of the movie were the details about her. The perception I got from the movie was that she's ice cold and runs a tight company. I think they built her up more than she was used but I was too busy enjoying everything else in the movie to even care about screen time for all the minor characters. Hux was a mid-level character as the commander of Starkiller base and Phasma was a bit player as the captain of the troopers. I wouldn't mind seeing Gleenson's part diminished, not because it was bad but would like to see him and Phasma's importance swapped and see what Del Toro's part will be.

Neha likes this.
  5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Maybe he'll learn how to calm the F down in his speeches. I swear that one speech he did was....well...over-the-top to say the least. I actually started chuckling.

Jedi Daniel and Knightstalker137 like this.
  6. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    It's exactly as you said. They built her up, but she was barely used and thus she falls flat. As far as TFA is concerned anyway. I hope they do more with her in VIII and IX.

7. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I liked Hux - in a villainy sort of way. He looked menacing. He looked PROUD and ALOOF. He also looked very young to be a general... but think about all the top brass and low brass who would have been annihilated thirty years ago... there wouldn't be many upper ranked people from that era left from the empire.

I'd like to see more banter between him and Kylo. Lets face it. Its clear Hux knows exactly who he is and where he came from.

The chat to snoke indicated that Hux is "in charge" but Kylo is Snoke's pet favourite.

8. DarthHavok

Feb 27, 2002
    I wouldn't necessarily say she falls flat, I think she served the purpose. She was flashy eye candy but I agree. Would definitely like to see them use her more in Episodes VIII and IX. Read the entry for VIII on Wookiepedia, it gives some classic films that they were watching for some inspiration. One was a war movie about being trapped behind enemy lines. I could speculate that could be Finn/Poe on a mission maybe coming into conflict, being chased/hunted by Phasma. The other half of the movie would an Ocean's Eleven type story of Luke and Rey searching for perspective apprentices. Okay, that last bit was sarcasm, but the Finn/Poe part wasn't. :)

TheLateAdmiralPiett likes this.
  9. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Same I thought he was pretty bad actually, and I really like Gleeson as an actor.

10. DarthHavok

Feb 27, 2002
    Really? I thought he played it well as someone who is a zealot for his cause.

11. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    I think that Kylo is going to axe him in the next episode if he continues to challenge him.

12. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000

I thought the special was excellent and really impressed by how he delivered and handled it. Hes meant to sound like an overly-dramatic fanatic...

13. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    The speech scene was great. I'm surprised that Hux survived TFA so I'm curious about his future in the ST.

14. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    General Hux was a damn good surprise in TFA. He's a minor character obviously but i think he brings something to the film ans his rivalry with Kylo felt fresh for a star wars movie. I'm surprised too that he survived (in a tarkin 2.0 way) and i hope it means he has something interesting to do in episode 8, like an open conflict with the knights of ren/kylo, or plotting against Snoke or being caught by the republic/resistance.... everything's possible!

15. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Kylo is going to shank that little bitch. In the first scene, I bet.

Gotta show the audience that Kylo has leveled up.

16. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    He's was basically Space Hitler, and he played that role really well imo. Everything about that speech, the tone of voice, the hand gestures/body movement, etc, it was all very Hitler-esque. He played a fanatic, and was quite good at it.

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    His relationship with Kylo is the inverse of the one between Tarkin and Vader. Tarkin and Vader respected each other and worked quite well together. Hux and Kylo hate each other and only stomach working together because their boss (Snoke) tells them to.

18. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    exactly! which brings an interesting dynamic that i hope will be further explored in VIII

DarthHavok likes this.
  19. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    The Hux/Kylo rivalry was something I really liked about the movie. They seemed to be competing for Snoke's favor, and I thought that was entertaining and an interesting dynamic. I'm sure Snoke would like to kill him but as he's an agent of evil, I think that would qualify as an altruistic act, which he's trying to avoid.

D'an likes this.
  20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Hux was a pretty cool character and his scene with the speech was one of the best things about TFA. I'm looking foward to seeing him in VIII and definitely think Kylo will axe him.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought he would be the Tarkin of the Film and be dead by the end.

22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    He died in a similar fashion to Grand Moff Tarkin. I can deal with that.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    What are you talking about? He is not dead yet.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  24. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015

Hehe i was thinking "dude, chill down or you are going to have a heartattack!" when i saw that scene.[face_laugh]

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also it was cool seeing his eyes all glossed over as if he was high on his own speech.