main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What is the strangest fan theory you have ever heard? SEE OP WARNING

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Jangounchained1990, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Rey is Luke's sister.

Shaak Ti, Darth_Nub and ATMachine like this.
  2. ATMachine

ATMachine Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2007
    Well, I guess I was wrong. Very interesting info! Unlike Rinzler to slip up in that sort of detail.....

Tosche_Station likes this.
  3. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    They were supposed to have a scene in the club. Off camera someone was hitting on Lance trying to get him somewhere private, but he was having none of that, so he shrugged the person off. The group did not get in the film.

Toma_Vaken and DaveyWanKenobi like this.
  4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    While it's a bit crazy on a literal level, my current theory is that Rey is directly based upon, or connected to, the Nellith Skywalker character of the 1978 Brackett draft of ESB - Luke Skywalker's sister hidden on the other side of the galaxy. It's just a crossed-out name and a couple of lines in the Brackett draft itself, but we don't know how much further the concept was taken or discussed before it was eliminated by Sister-Leia. Gary Kurtz suggested that the character would have been an integral part of episodes after ROTJ - and here we are.

Luke's sister? No - their ages are too far apart (Padme died fifty years earlier, Anakin/Vader presumably lost any ability to father children at the same time, plus he died thirty years prior to TFA anyway, and it's too late in the game to introduce time travel or such nonsense to SW), but Rey being a niece or cousin via Shmi, Anakin or Padme could easily happen.

Lawrence Kasdan already dragged other such ESB-era ideas (originally intended for ROTJ) out of the woodwork for TFA that were once considered abandoned, redundant and perhaps even untrue - Han dying in a raid upon an Imperial base, Leia having to lead a Rebel force in tatters, Luke wandering off on his own - with Kasdan on board, it wouldn't surprise me if Eps VIII & IX are full of even more such early ideas.

5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Rey; granddaughter of Pooja Naberrie!

A trip to Padmé's grave on Naboo could be interesting...

BadCane likes this.
  6. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015

Really? I had heard they were intended to be some of the many Jedi in the background during the Geonosis Battle, but maybe I'm getting that mized up with something else. I may be thinking of Lucas' kids....or maybe even that character Cin Dralig.....SOMEONE was definitely cut from the Geonosis fight, but I could be wrong about N Sync.

7. KitFisto21

KitFisto21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2015

Thank you so much for posting this. already sharing [face_laugh]

Darth_Kiryan likes this.
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  9. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    All Joe Johnston ever wrote about the TIE fighter in his Star Wars Sketchbook used to be that these "make use of advanced forms of propulsion".

At some point in time some fan come up with the theory that the "solar fins" (i.e. fin to dissipate waste heat) are actually "solar panels" that make use of photovoltaic energy, i.e. sun- or starlight.

Already back in 1987 in a Star Wars devoted Special issue of Starlog magazine a fan was wondering how any TIE fighter then could possibly pursue a vessel that's leaving a star system when the energy source is actually back and doesn't shine onto the "panels".

That hasn't stopped TPTB to continue propagating this nonsense in all reference media regarding how TIE fighters work.

Gamiel, Sarge, rdhight and 1 other person like this.
  10. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    it is crazy I know, but when I did my marathon, it made perfect sense (not so much as it would actually happen, just the overall logic), up until TFA shows you Snoke.

11. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    That Leia is Snoke in disguise.

12. DaveyWanKenobi

Nov 4, 2015
    This topic is like a guilty pleasure. It kinda makes me sad people actually think some of these are possible.....but I can't resist the smiles from reading them.

Wasn't there one about Ewoks being Force Sensitive as an explanation for the ease in which they defeated the Empire? I'm reaching back into history now, lol. Theories that popped up while everyone was getting hyped for the upcoming Episode I TPM.

Shaak Ti and Deliveranze like this.
  13. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    https://media.giphy.com/media/ZuM7gif8TCvqU/giphy.gif

I certainly hope that isn't the Canon explanation :p

14. BriXman

BriXman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2015
    A theory that stood until ESB was that Obi-Wan lied even more, that. Anakin wasn't killed, rather severely injured, and his brain and organs were placed inside R2-D2. This theory had a play in the story because every time Luke uses the force R2 is with him, and thus it would have been Anakin using the force. As said however, when ESB was released this theory was proven wrong.

15. BadCane

BadCane Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2015

[face_laugh]

That's a good one

16. DaveyWanKenobi

Nov 4, 2015
    lmao

This topic is pure gold.

17. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    TheGreyWalker and darklordoftech like this.
  18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
  19. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    Obviously she is Anakin's twin sister, who was found and placed in carbonite for 50 years.;)

Darth_Nub and Lulu Mars like this.
  20. ATMachine

Feb 27, 2007
  21. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The funny thing is that GL always said that Sidious = The Emperor and talked about Palpatine as if he's a character who doesn't appear in the OT while the marketing always said that Palpatine = The Emperor and talked about Sidious as if he's a character who doesn't appear in the OT.

22. ATMachine

Feb 27, 2007
    Playing both sides, eh? Way to get into the characters' heads.

23. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    Wowsa, i never knew there were so many "This person is that persons brother's sister's babie's clone's mom" theories.
    I do remember my cousin arguing with his friend once that mace windu was boba fett and stole the helmet from kid!Boba after killing Jango and mace faked his death in ROTS. This was a dead serious discussion they were having BTW.

24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I didn't want to imagine that, but I think you've traumatized me

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    From Lit's TFA thread