main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit [Spoilers] Cobb Vanth's Armor

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 14, 2016.

1. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Any speculation as to what he will do with the armor? We know he found a green set of Mandalorian armor with acid wear on it. So more than obviously Boba's armor. What do you think happened to Boba? My theory is that either Boba is still alive or he is simply acting under the name Cobb Vanth, hence why he shot the other guy he was with to get the armor.

2. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    I think Fett is alive, but I think Cobb Vanth is a different guy.

lol remember Jodo Kast? Never change, EU.

3. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Would be cool for there to be a story about Boba reclaiming his armor from Vanth. Jodo Kast was annoying though, like in an overly arrogant and cowardly sort of way.

4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Boba Fett needs to stay dead this time.

Vialco and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  5. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Except he's not dead though. He's in a state of "character limbo" at this point, he is both alive and dead until something brings him back. And unless green, acid worn Mandalorian armor found on Tatooine near Jabba's barge isn't referring to Boba escaping the Sarlaac than that's some stupid coincidence.

6. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    IMO Boba wouldn't have left his armor sitting around for jawas to grab if he actually cared enough about it to go back for it. Don't think Cobb is him. Though my money is on Boba surviving.

Darth Basin likes this.
  7. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    He definitely is alive if the armor turned up. I've seen a theory somewhere one Reddit saying that he would have ditched the armor because of the acid, but it's a little bit of a loose theory.

Darth Basin likes this.
  8. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Or the Sarlaac digested the organics and regurgitated the empty armor. The "Thousand Years" digestion is just a bit of "ooh, scary" mythology.

Vialco likes this.
  9. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Schroedinger's Fett

Edit: BTW I think this whole interlude is an Easter egg that has no bearing on Schroedinger's Fett and you can't read anything into it one way or another.

10. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    How could it do that without digesting the entire armor?

Eh it could be at this point but there's supposed to be 2 other Aftermath novels right? So I assume this plot line will be explored in some way.

11. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Organic materials are much easier to break down with digestive acids meant to do exactly that than inorganic "magic-metal" beskar armor plates? There is nothing to indicate that his armor is air-tight in the movies.

I'm in the boat of easter egg rather than plot hook. Or will we be following up on all of the other interludes as well?

12. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Ok fair enough for the suit being regurgitated. Still doesn't make sense to me how it would still be worth buying if it was digested and spit out but whatever it's your opinion. Second I see no reason why they wouldn't follow up on all he other small storylines in the first Aftermath novel. It's supposed to be a trilogy. And I'm pretty sure they wouldn't introduce a new character, set him up with getting Boba's armor (Easter egg or not) and then just not continue whatever story there is to tell.

13. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    People collect things like saints' finger bones, or costumes worn in movies, or Patton's pistols, so even messed up, Fett's armor is probably worth a fortune to collectors and in-universe fanboys.

Darth Basin likes this.
  14. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Thaaaaaat seems like a bit of a stretch, would not be surprised if that was the case though.

15. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I always liked Jodo Kast as he was a pretty good bounty hunter opponent for WEG PCs.

Darth Basin likes this.
  16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I'm of 2 minds here. Either Cobb Vanth is Boba come back to reclaim his armor or Cobb is someone new seeking to claim the mantle of a Bob Fett/Tatooine lawman type figure. I can't decide since there's good arguments for both. I'd like either.

17. AdmiralWesJanson

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, it's not like some lunatic got a hold of Darth Vader's charred helmet and talks to it...

18. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    But he was a lunatic and intended to worship and talk to it, not sell it for a fortune.

19. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    I think he's going to end up being alive, just because someone is inevitably going to approach Kennedy or whomever with an idea, and they're going to greenlight it.

I'm not particularly invested either way. Boba Fett has always just been a cool toy to me.

20. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    I'd personally like to see Boba Fett brought back. Despite the fact that I never followed the EU I always thought it was cool they did have him survive the sarlac and have this rich history. So I am hoping Cobb is him in all honesty. I'm not familiar with his EU history in depth so I can't speak to it but I definitely think it'd be cool to have him laying down the law on Tatooine.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Cobb is definitely not Fett, but I won't be surprised if Fett returns to collect.

Darth Basin likes this.
  22. Darth_Monopoly

Darth_Monopoly Jedi Master star 2

Jun 6, 2006
    I'm torn on whether or not I want Fett to have survived or if I want just his armor to have survived. And maybe have a "Dread Pirate Roberts" thing going on.

23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

May 26, 2014
    That might be cool too. I do like the idea of Cobb not being Fett and taking the mantle, but I also think it'd be a great story to see Fett come back and claim his armor.

Darth Basin and Darth_Monopoly like this.
  24. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I think you're all over-complicating this. If the armor's out, logic says Boba's out. The Sarlacc hardly spat it out, there was no sign that it expelled anything in ROTJ.

Also, from Disney's point of view, he's too popular to leave dead. When the sales drop, they'll create some buzz with "The Return of Boba Fett."

25. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Boba to Cobb: "Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely disintegrate you in the morning."