main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The All-New Senate All-New Social Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by SuperWatto, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    My condolences for your loss.

SateleNovelist11 and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    On the lighter side, I got my Star Wars tickers for 7:30 tonight! (That's why we are here, right?) Lol.

Violent Violet Menace and Ghost like this.
  3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    My wife and I have advance tickets in the morning, as well as for the family after school lets out :-B

It's PG 13, and we have a sensitive young child. The last time we went to a PG 13 movie "cold" was King Kong, and our little (at the time) one wept at the end. We have to preview it so we know ahead of time if there's any scenes where we have to cover our youngest's eyes.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it [face_mischief] [face_whistling]

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  5. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Great movie. NO SPOILERS!!!! The music was a bit off for a John Williams score, but still better than most scores. And too many chick characters. So much so that it felt forced. Finn has the best story arc and maybe my new favorite character! So real and so vulnerable. Great, great character. Rey is awesome! Strong and believable! I suspect, but don't know, that she will be the driving force going forward. Or maybe was killed? Can't say, no spoilers! ;) And Poe! A military swashbuckler! Maybe the most fun character in this movie other than Han Solo. And yes, this was really a Han Solo movie. Ford was great and at times looked like he was 35 again! Also? This movie is laugh out loud funny! More so than any other Star Wars movie.

But you will cry before it's all done. A movie with heart as well as action and humor. 10/10!

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    MERRY NEW YEAR!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Beef jerky time!

Darth Punk , J-Rod, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  7. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    We are moving! We are moving!

Rylo Ken likes this.
  8. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    moving where?

9. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Wiki says Philadelphia

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What do you Senate folks have for new year resolutions?

11. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    Well it's been a year! In 2014 my step-daughter, Britini, and her husband hit a string of bad luck and landed in our small 1500 square foot home in December of that year. With three large dogs, two cats, my beautiful granddaughter and a baby boy on the way that next Feb. So 2015 started out with a house that had more love than it could contain. Grandson Thompson arrived on schedule and is a shining point in my life!
    [​IMG]
    You know he is so cute that you can't stand it!

In January my son-in-law, Jon, got a gig with me building jet engines. In May they started looking at getting back on their own. As many of you may know, when you have your grandkids around on a daily basis you really get attached! So I suggested that perhaps we should sell our house and get a big one for all of us! Long story short, we got a Lennar Next Gen home, It has a 600 sq ft home inside the 3200 sq ft house! So Kimmie and I can have our privacy and our grandchildren!
    [​IMG]
    Jon and I, of course, get along great! He's 25 and love video games and WWE. Here is our game room.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both stations have an Xbox One and mine (the left) has a 360 and his has a PS3. Those are hooked to the center TV for the WWE Network. Lots of fun!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    That's the update. Hope you guys are all doing great and Happy New Year!

12. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    baby proofing the collection man. Cannot emphasize that enough. Raise those lower shelves a few notches.

so glad you've built yourself such a lively, happy, family-filled home.

13. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    We gots the baby gates!

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The important thing is that you think that will stop the kids from destroying the collection...

15. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    They've already claimed a couple of victims. But it's worth it. :vader:

16. darth-calvin

darth-calvin Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 10, 2002
    My happy news for 2016: My cousin Jason has finally been freed from the Iranian prison. Here's hoping he can start to recover from this horrible ordeal.

17. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Rezaian? That is wonderful news! Happy for you all. Much like what happened to Mazyar Bahari, his entire case has been a travesty and his charges absurdly ridiculous. I hope he'll be able to put this behind him, in time.

18. darth-calvin

Dec 10, 2002
    Yes. He's been very shut off from everyone. I can't imagine that. The last report we had in November was that he'd lost about 90lbs.

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Congrats darth-calvin, to you and the families of the four others being released today.

20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I wish him the best.

21. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    What?! For real?

22. darth-calvin

Dec 10, 2002
    They accused him of being a spy, Rod. He works for the Washington Post and has been their correspondents for many years.

23. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    That's awes
    That's awesome! I'm glad he's back!

darth-calvin likes this.
  24. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    So planning a trip to Spain this July and I have only ever been to Barcelona before. Will be there for approximately 8 days with a hire car and a tent. Will be going to Barcelona first for two or three days and then it is all unchartered territory. If anybody has any suggestions or good experiences to share I would welcome them.

25. J-Rod

Jul 28, 2004
    I've been sober for 24 years! Mind boggling. I should be dead by now. And that's if I'm lucky...the alternative would be prison or an institution. But today I get to live life. Complete with soaring highs and devastating lows. I thank God and the fellowship of AA. And I pity those who have to put up with me!