main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Mandalorian Protectors

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ARC_RC-7567, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Well Sabine's armor is still TCW era, but Ketsu's is also with the tubes.

2. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Well I know Sabine's is :p Ketsu's armor isn't traditional Mandalorian armor so I don't think we should count her. I'm speaking of Fenn Rau's group on Concord Dawn.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably modernized and because they're not Death Watch and also working for the Empire.

Sabine speaks of her mother being Death Watch, so am still leaning towards Rook Kast.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Well not just Death Watch had wrist mounted weapons. Boba and Jango had them. The wrist gauntlets that the Mandalorian in The Clone Wars had were signature to Mandalorian armor, taking them out seems like a bad tactical decision.

5. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Jango and Boba are bounty hunters who salvaged and/or stole all the Mando gear from Death Watch or DW styled warriors since only members of Death Watch wore that armor in the modern age from what we seen on TCW. Apparently they forge their own armor if we take was Sabine says and apply that to all of them. Satine's Mandalorians had that warrior culture outlawed along with that armor as only members of Death Watch and the the female Nite Owls sported that armor and later Death Watch traitors that allied with Bo-Katan. We do not know if it predated Vizsla's militia. The Neo-Crusaders wore different gear as seen on the Sundari murals and Satine's regime wore different armor(police and royal guards)..

6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Could be the Empire has limited what they are allowed to have.

7. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
  8. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Eh I guess so. Sorta a way to prevent them from gaining an upper hand of they betrayed the Empire, who seems to be forcibly employing them.

I get how Jango's Mandalorian background can be worked I but what about Boba?

EDIT: I say we start pitching theories for where this group of Mandalorians is from. My guess is a faction that was around before the Clone Wars like Death Watch, but stayed relatively hidden on Concord Dawn.

9. Contessa

Nov 28, 2013
    What do you mean? Boba's Mandalorian by culture inheritance. Vorax is *almost* right, since Boba did salvage, buy, and replace his armor over the years, but that doesn't make him not Mandalorian. He just didn't get to grow up in the culture like Sabine did because his dad died so early on.

I'm kinda feeling like these guys are supposed to be Journeyman Protectors, with the whole Concord Dawn angle and the Mando but less militarized look they've got going on.

Jaster Vhett and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I know that the page says there Mandalorain, but until its confirmed in a book or something else I am going to be skeptical.

11. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    So Boba's Mandalorian factors would just be his father being a Mando and his armor? Seems fair enough. I still want something about him joining this group of Mandalorians for a while.
    As for theories, I think they are trying to mimic the True Mandalorians in the new canon a bit. Calling the Death Watch traitors, etc. I would hardly say they look less militarized, they have Gauntlet Fighters, their base is very much like a stronghold from what we've seen, cannons around their base and they didn't hesitate to shoot at Hera. Journeyman Protectors are like sheriff, these guys seem more like an army.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    The databank isnt that reliable and it all it said Fetts were outliers which means a person or thing situated away or detached from the main body or system and
    a person or thing differing from all other members of a particular group or set.

Neither Jango or Boba Fett are Mandalorian let alone Mandalorian Commandos, they dress in the garb but they're unaffiliated & essentially thieves and killers.

From Season 2 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars featurette "Creating Mandalore." Dave Filoni discusses Jango Fett and whether or not he is Mandalorian:

"Now, all the history of Mandalore that you knew prior to the Clone Wars - it does exist. It absolutely exists. Were they a mercenary people? Yes, they absolutely are. Did they fight against the Jedi? Yes, they absolutely did. Is there a big battle where there is a cataclysm between them and the Jedi? Yes. Have we pushed that idea - that the cataclysm was so great, that the surface of Mandalore was laid to waste? Absolutely, we did. Because, to George, the Mandalorians - above all, dating back to Empire Strikes Back - are super commandos. They're a race of people that were a military. They can't be so vagabond as they appeared in the EU. They can't be this group of people that are vastly different in paint job and paint scheme because - if you do that, they look too much, immediately, like a bunch of Boba Fetts. It robbed Boba Fett of his uniqueness. We needed a military. We needed an army. They have a very uniform look. They are trying to bring back the ancient Mandalorian ways of being the Super commando and regain dominion for their mythology, their stories - which is what you could call - is what the EU is. That they are a warrior race and eventually mercenaries." - Dave Filoni

"So, the idea that Jango Fett is not a Mandalorian - that's something that comes directly from George. I think that - when we fist saw Jango in Attack of the Clones - that a lot of us, myself included, we assumed, "Oh, he must be a Mandalorian. There he is in Mandalorian armor." So, there's kind of this early assumption that Jango must be a Mandalorian. That was interesting to see. But, that was never stated in the film. It's never stated that he's Mandalorian. He's always just referred to as a bounty hunter." - Dave Filoni

"Once you have that silver, blue, black and grey armor - of course, the first thing is: "Well, why is Boba's green? Where is that coming from?" And, from the point that we've established in the Clone Wars - to the point whenever Boba gets his armor - there's one thing that I think is important, is that; Mandalorian armor exists during the Clone Wars. Mandalorian armor that's very close to the design and use of Boba's armor. Boba has tricked his armor out. He's added a few things that our Death Watch guys don't have because he's a bounty hunter and much like a gunslinger in the old west, would shoot someone and take their hat or take their guns or, y'know, you win a victory over another warrior and you take something of theirs - Boba Fett's armor probably is made up of different pieces of found Mandalorian gear. It's a little hodge-podge of mix n' match which I think, kinda lends itself to the idea that he acquires different pieces of Mandalorian armor over time. Why does he do that? Because his dad wore it. That's the connection for him. So I imagine this Mandalorian armor really isn't being created again and again and again when you look at the time of the Empire. Boba just - whenever he finds some of it, he fixes it up, he uses it. He's probably got a bunch of it in Slave 1. Different rocket packs, we've seen that on Boba. Different wrist guards, we've seen that on Boba. So how do our Death Watch go from being these silver, pristine-looking uniform military guys - there must be something that happens in between here and where Boba's getting all this weird green and yellow and red armor. Um, and we'll just have to wait and see." - Dave Filoni

"They are an important part of the Clone Wars in a lot of ways. In that, they are as much a threat to what Dooku's doing as they are to the Republic. They can't be left unmentioned when you do the Clone Wars. So it was a real privilege, I think, for myself and my whole crew to be involved in the creation of one of these legendary planets for George and - he was very specific with me on so many things and I'm always glad when he is because at the end of the day, y'know, 10, 20 years from now - that's, that's Mandalore. And when he looks at it, I want him to say, "That's what I pictured." Y'know? And I'm glad that fans now have the opportunity to see what he was thinking. And I look forward to seeing how, what we've done for George with the Mandalorians, effects now the future of the history and those people and what other creative people bring to the table to add to the rich tapestry which now is this unique Star Wars culture." - Dave Filoni

ARC_RC-7567 likes this.
  13. Contessa

Nov 28, 2013
    Yes, thank you for quoting all of that, but...
    Nope. Lucas is gone, he gets no say. The databank says they're Mandos.

14. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    When Filoni states that already established history of the Mandalorians exist, I'm wondering what parts exactly.

15. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015

Don't the Mandalorians accept all into there ranks who r strong enough?

16. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    That's non-canon. The new canon Mandalorians are especially xenophobic. However they will accept people as allies, they just refuse to have a non Mandalorian lead them.

17. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    What Xenopohobic Mandalrians? Is this really in Rebels?
    Duchess Satine is displeased!

18. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Well she's also dead sooooo.... :p
    Anyways it's not really in Rebels, but I assume it will be shown or alluded to. How ever the amount of xenophobia displayed in both TCW varied, and it probably will in Rebels. It ranged from being concerned about national security from non-Mandalorians all the way to straight up "racism" (quotes because it really wasn't). For example Fenn Rau in one of the previews, spent no time questioning Hera and Sabine and within no time went to firing on their ships. Also some of the Mandalorians in the "Settle A Score" clip call Sabine a traitor after hearing she's part of House Vizsla. Not big but it's sorta their. It was more prominent in The Clone Wars. Most obvious example being Bo-Katan screaming "No outsider will ever rule Mandalore!" And then calling all of the Mandalorians that aligned with Maul traitors. With the more militarized Mandalorian factions it's very much "My way or the highway." Then their are extremely subtle things that the New Mandalorians showed, like questioning off-worlders.

19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It's not xenophobic to want a leader who knows their people, their traditions, and has a genuine interest in their future. It's the same reason why a random French citizen can't immigrate to America and immediately run for President, or vice versa. The fact that Maul is a Sith Lord, dedicated to the Sith ideology rather than the Mandalorian culture at the expense of the people, is what turns Bo-Katan against him as he tries to assume power. If he had truly joined them, becoming just another Mandalorian Zabrak, there would be no issue; he wouldn't be an outsider, but a Mandalorian like every other.

Jaster Vhett likes this.
  20. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I really don't think that's why Bo didn't want Maul to lead Death Watch. The way she talks about Pre Vizsla being the true leader of Mandalore makes it seem like she finds Maul to be unworthy compared to Vizsla or another Mandalorian.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    And to the fact that we never see a single alien who is also mandalorian in the new canon.

22. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Yeah pretty much this. In the old canon the Mandalorians main strength was that in theory, they couldn't be destroyed. They had no race, no planet they were aligned to (while Mandalore was their 'home' they were nomadic), and no strictly defined beliefs besides a warlike culture; their armor was their culture. And as long as someone wore that armor there were Mandalorians. Stuffs a lot more defined in the new canon, and that is a good thing.

23. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    I see some Mandalorians as not wanting other governments/people interfering in their affairs. I don't see that as racist.
    But, like earth I don't think all Mandalorians are the same and they have various views.
    Such as Death watch's violence vs Satine's peace views.

Now if someone said Mandalorians are the master race and all other races should die and that was promoted, that would be racist, but I have not seen one Mandalorian say that.

I think this is similar to the argument TPM is racist, which I don't see at all.

I want to know if they will show pacifist Madalorians in Rebels

24. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    They will definitely not show pacifist Mandalorians in Rebels. I am 99.9% sure of it. Mandalore's short 20 some year peaceful phase died right in Obi-Wan's arms. The entire planet (and I'd assume its surrounding moons, Concordia, Concord Dawn, Keldabe) broke into a civil war with both sides being pro-warrior factions. One obviously had to win so I doubt either result ended with a peaceful government in place. Anyways the Empire is in control now, and where stated to have "outlawed their mercenary ways". They're probably keeping the system under occupation. One of the recent previews has showed that some Mandalorians were forced as to work as mercenaries for the Empire.
    TLDR no we will probably never see pacifist Mandalorians in Rebels. And rightfully so, just my personal opinion, but I don't think a pacifist government (especially considering Mandalore's past) would be possible under the Empire.

25. SatineNaberrie

Jan 28, 2014
    :(
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I don't Maul.