main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Thrawn in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TtheForceHurts, Jan 29, 2016.

1. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    MSW just posted an article that our favourite Chiss Grand Admiral Thrawn will make an appearance as the villain in Rebels Season 3. I would love that, because, honestly I can't stand anymore Inquisitors and Thrawn is so different that it would make things preety interesting. I think for a movie he would be maybe a "boring" antagonist, but for a series, I am all for it...

2. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Yes! I just got the email!

makingstarwars.net/2016/01/rumor-the-largest-cameo-in-star-wars-rebels-chistory/

If this isn't true, a huge letdown. If true, great!!!

And then Thrawn becomes canon!

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_party] Blisses! Then my favorite OC tied to him can become canon too. LOL [face_dancing] And then Mara Jade - oh the wonderful parade of recanonization continues! Booyah!

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It would be great to see Thrawn as a cameo but the problem will be (like all villains on the show) is not so much his appearance but what he does on the show. Lets face it the villains on the show are a joke and simply adding Thrawn to the list of names the Ghost crew go through, doesn't really add much. If there is no tension then it doesn't matter who it is.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now although this is a rumor I am inclined to believe it seeing MSW is almost always right.

6. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    How the hell would they know this? Also ****ing hell yes. I hope I'm not the only one that really wants to see more Imperial stuff though, because there are a ton of ships the could bring in from the current EU.

NostalgiaFan and Darkspellmaster like this.
  7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Maybe they have their "sources"

episodenone likes this.
  8. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I would tend to believe this since MSW had pretty much the entire plot of TFA figured out by mid 2015 at the very latest. Their information they get is usually very, very good.

9. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I just being a skeptic, I know Making Star Wars is correct a lot of the time but this just seems to good to be true. I'm mean at the rate their announcements of who's gonna be in Rebels keep getting better there's gonna be announcement of Boba Fett, Cad Bane and Durge all appearing in Rebels :p (which I would be fine with)

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  10. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Jedi Master

Feb 28, 2012
    Oh god please be true! This might also mean we could eventually get Mara Jade in the future!

Darkspellmaster and DarthRosie like this.
  11. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Things Rebels related MSW got right
    *Knew about Sam Witwer returning to Rebels
    *Knew about Fulcrum and Tseebo weeks before those episodes even aired

12. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Wow they must have some good sources. I guess is makes me feel a bit better... But if Thrawn as the "big bad" of the next season, that ruins my hope of Season 3 being bounty hunter/underworld focused :(

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    If he ends up like Tarkin and the other Imp commanders and officers, I would expect more show than delivery.

Darkspellmaster likes this.
  14. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    It ain't just MakingStarWars track record that makes me think this is so. Last week Freddie Prinze Jr. gave a podcast interview:

Freddie Prinze, Junior: The guys that directed and wrote The Clone Wars are the guys that do Rebels. So a lot of characters from Clone Wars – and a lot of Legends characters – get to be in our show, so it’s like “We have Darth Vader, and it’s not a voice match – it’s freakin’ James Earl Jones!”… We’re bringing a lot more characters back to the hardcore fans that they’ll literally love. Many of your EU – Expanded Universe – characters that you thought were dead? They are not dead – they will live once again!

were he flat out told us that major characters from Legends were about to start showing up real soon. Now Freddie likes to tease us but he has never lied to us. And then the very next week we get this MakingStarWars, which is a pretty reliable Star Wars news source, report saying Thrawn is coming to Rebels. That is not a coincidence. Then we have other things like

that unnamed Fleet Admiral at the end of Aftermath who sounds and acts just like Thrawn. We have the First Order whose entire set-up and backstory is the same as Thrawn's Empire of the Hand.

There actually is a lot of circumstantial stuff that points to Thrawn being recanonized soon and that Disney/Lucasfilm has been planning it for awhile.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When Freddie said that an EU character was going to show up I was hoping for Revan, but Hell no to thrawn!

Darkspellmaster and Canyon D like this.
  16. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    If we get Thrawn next season, it only makes sense for Ackbar to show up. I sense a great space battle in our future.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I truly do hope that the fleet admiral from Aftermath is Thrawn.

Also wonder if when he shows up will be just be an admiral or a Grand Admiral?

18. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    I hope he will be a serious threat to the Rebels and not another incompetent imperial character.

19. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    It will not be great until we see TIE Interceptors, Defenders, Phantoms and Bombers. Also the Raider-Class Corvette and Gladiator-Class Star Destroyer. Must see in Rebels...

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Watch him not be a Chiss.

Filoni I swear!

21. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    this would be awesome -- and I have never been a true Thrawn fanboy -- but I would love to see him. And hopefully it could lead to him having a part in the ST

As for Mara Jade... lets all slow our rolls -- one step at a time.

I just hope they do Thrawn right. He has to win all battles he commands. He has to be special. I don't want a rehash of how they handled Mandalore [which I happened to not like the revisionism] and stick to the best parts of him.

As for relating Ezra's hair and saber design to anything related to ANH / Luke -- that makes no sense to me. Why should that have any relationship?

But again -- seeing a masterfully done Thrawn would be awesome!

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well they're bringing Maul who is a show stealer himself, they already have Tarkin and Vader and Vader's endless Inquisitors. I think they should more focus on extending the show for full 1 hour episodes than just tossing in more characters. If they start adding too many characters it will be clutter, or the opposite they pop up once or twice a season and thats it. Canonized Thrawn my be different from the one we know, plus its unlikely he'd fair any better than Kallus, Inquisitors, Vader or Tarkin and if you have all these character chasing the rebels in general the Ghost its a wonder they can constantly survive and escape. Plus you're gonna need a Rebel commander to counter Thrawn, there is no one among the rebels that can, not Rex and surely not Sato or Hera. The Rebels are a small guerrilla outfit & it that does not take much to dismantle them as all it took was Vader in his Tie to near annihilated them and Sato got captured already. Thrawn can't wipe out the Rebel Network since they become the Alliance that defeats the Empire and we're closer to ANH now. Most they can have is Thrawn breaking up a Mandalorian Protector revolt & suppressing an uprising or something. We already saw Mandos fighting the Separatists and Republic in SOD, they won't make it far without Maul leading them. The show Fenn put on was lackluster, and he got taken down & out by Sabine and Kanan so him going up against Thrawn is comical. You're gonna need better characters or just use Thrawn in the same capacity we saw him in Star Wars: Tie Fighter.

La Calavera likes this.
  23. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thrawn: Nice artwork Sabine. I know how to kill you now.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope that they don't include thrawn a super art powers this time. :p

25. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
    Star Wars Underworld is also reporting it:

For what it's worth, we've been hearing similar rumblings about a future appearance by Thrawn in Star Wars Rebels. I think bringing Thrawn into Rebels offers up huge story potential and it will be a huge moment in Star Wars fandom when he shows up. We know the people behind the scenes on Rebels are big Star Wars fans and will treat the character with the appropriate reverence. Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni is fan of Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy" from the early 90s, and even incorporated one of Thrawn's tactics into the Season One episode of The Clone Wars "Storm over Ryloth".

Darkspellmaster and Darth_Voider like this.