main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LEGO Freemaker Adventures - LEGO TV Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWarsFan91, Feb 11, 2016.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-new-animated-lego-star-wars-tv-show-will-follow-a-fam-1758530159

*Sigh*

So this is happening.

While its probably not canon (previous Lego star wars works sure haven't been), its a mistake to set it in the dark times era. This show will probably be even more childish then Rebels, and we already have one series set in that era. A show set during galactic peacetime pre-TPM or pre-AoTC would have been a better idea. At least there would be a better excuse for more innocence then.

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Lego= non Canon no matter what anyone says in my book so they can be as childish as they want, but there just wasting money on another good animated show that they could start if they used it wisely.

I don't expect this show to last more then a season.

4. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Yeah I just caught that on another news site. I always enjoyed the LEGO specials and Star Wars games quite a bit. They're pretty funny.

vong333 and thatotherjedi like this.
  5. El_Machete12

El_Machete12 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Obviously meant for the little kiddies, so I don't have a problem with it. Maybe Disney sees the darker direction Rebels is going with the latter end of season 2 and perhaps season 3 and beyond, so they are making this to fill their "children's/toddler" show niche while Rebels will be more for older children, young adults, and families.

episodenone and MandaloreRex2015 like this.
  6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    it was CGI I would get onboard quicker than you could say "Sabacc" but since it's in Lego form, I may check it out once.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, they confirmed it's non-canon, but still adheres to established canon. I'm guessing it'll be in the vein of Ninjago or Droid Tales, tonally at least.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  8. Guy-Gone_Weird

Guy-Gone_Weird Jedi Master star 2

Jul 28, 2003
    Why are people saying it's set during the dark times? It clearly says "The fun-filled adventure comedy series, set between The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi" on the official site.

I'll probably casually watch it as I enjoyed some of the humor in the other Lego Star Wars specials and mini series, but I do have to wonder why this is okay now, but Detours is still being held off. Not that I'm in a huge rush to see any new Star Wars comedy, but why not release Detours on Netflix or straight to home video at this point, now that Rebels and TFA have been released? Seems silly to just sit on all those finished episodes.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Blame io9- they're the ones giving that time-frame. ;)

10. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    My bad, I never checked the official site and seeing Palpatine and Vader on that picture for the show made me think dark times era.

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    This will probably be a much better series than Rebels, even if geared towards smaller children. But I'd rather watch a proper series for children than a half-assed schizophrenic Rebels show.

12. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If it is as funny as Yoda Chronicles and Droid Tales then I am in.

vong333 likes this.
  13. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Canon, non-canon, Legends, or non-Legends, why do they keep insisting on shoehorning new Force users during parts of the timeline where there shouldn't be any? SW is so much more than just lightsabers and Jedi. If you want to make a show with that, fine, but please set it during the Old Republic or something. Ugh.

Larsonator likes this.
  14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    There are Force users throughout the galaxy, even without the Jedi and Sith. I agree we shouldn't see anymore acting like Jedi though, especially with what Rebels has already introduced. The Lego shows can be funny, but I don't watch them often, this will be the same. I'd prefer a more adult oriented live action show for the next SW tv project, not as graphic as Game of Thrones, but similar in story / factions, so it doesn't focus on just Jedi / Sith and good / evil.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Do you even Star Wars Bro?

You can't get rid of force sensitivity because its genetic and also can pop up at random, but i think your point is why is there a "Jedi" when there should only be two of them? Simple they want views and force sensitive attract those viewers more then a normal space family would.

16. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013

Yeah, I Star Wars, bro :)

To be frank, I am more interested in a story of a "normal space family" during Imperial rule of the Galaxy, then a forced story of some random Force-sensitive kid who suddenly is an important lightsaber wielding character that the Empire is concerned about. I presume given market research, the powers that be feel it's necessary to include lightsabers, the Force, and so on.

And yes, I concede that I didn't exactly express myself correctly. I am well aware that the Force is an energy field created by all living things; it surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together. Naturally, there will always be Force sensitive individuals in the Galaxy, regardless of the timeline. My gripe is specifically focused on these Force-sensitive individuals that all of the sudden have a "greater" importance in the galaxy.

I loved the EU, but one of my gripes with it was the focus on so many Force-sensitive individuals that all of the sudden were important (either Jedi, Dark Jedi, rogue Jedi, etc. etc). The connections and relationships with important characters was also somewhat off-putting. I have a lot of issues with Rebels, too, and it's all centered primarily on Kanan and Erza. I'll admit that I do enjoy entertaining myself with storylines of Jedi who survived Order 66 (it is a vast galaxy, after all), but the importance placed on Kanan and Erza for me, is too much. Given the timeline, they interact with far too many important (and what a surprise, popular) characters for my liking. The fact that they're being linked to the early origins of the Rebellion is also a frustration of mine.

The Force, the Jedi, and the Sith, are all integral parts of Star Wars, but there's so much more to the SW galaxy than that. It frustrates me that over the years, Lucasfilm continues to shrink the universe. We're getting to a point where Kenobi, Yoda, Luke (especially), Han, and others, almost become run-of-the-mill "good guys," with their sacrifices and contributions meaning less and less. That really bothers me.

Ultimately, this is probably the wrong thread to express these feelings, given that it's a Lego series, and apparently not "really" part of canon. Or something.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Cool your jets or at least redirect your anger. Freemaker is not even canon and features one good force user so far while Rebels is canon and features how many force users? Yeah. Also, Freemaker seems more like a comedy show, playing around with SW tropes and so on rather than a "serious" product.

@ thread

Figures that all the Rebels lovers automatically hate on this. If it is anywhere as good a the Lego movie these guys will give Filoni a run for his money.

18. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    This sounds like a show I'd like to see as a spin off from Star Wars Rebels!

It is after all a galaxy and its large enough for both series as long as they stop making it look like the Emperor created a clone army of Darth Vaders' to explain why he's always involved!

19. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Shame they are using the OT era for this show. Why not pick a different era from the past which will a better explanation for another jedi?

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If they do what they have been doing with the Lego mini series then I am fine with this show and will eagerly watch it, but I do not want them to take it seriously at all.

Its non Canon so it really does not matter on that regard.

21. GunganSlayer

Jan 24, 2013
    While the Lego aspect has helped with the success of these shows, I think some of it is also due to the comedic factor. Do any of you think there is a market for Star Wars Detours? I'll be upfront in saying that based on the material Lucasfilm released, I was not fan of the show. I found it atrocious, even.

I'm not really into the comedic take on the SW galaxy, but it's something that many fans do enjoy, as evident by the Lego series.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh that reminds me- it's LEGO, not Lego. Bugs me when people get that wrong. :-B

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Vader and Palpatine are around because they want to play with the characters and tropes in a humorous manner, like in all the SW-LEGO products so far. It's probably not meant to mean anything.

24. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Why do they bother making non-canon stuff? Such a waste. It will probably be funny though.
    What's Detours?

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Because it is still sells and not everyone in the audience cares about canon.

Canyon D likes this.