main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Episode VIII - THE LAST JEDI - Official Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    All the Skywalkers--Shmi, Anakin, Luke, Rey--will merge at will into a Super Skywalker being...like an organic Voltron.

Who will get to be the torso and head, though? That's what this conflict is really about. Luke only allowed Ben to be the left leg (and Ben's a righty, so he was pretty pissed).

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Luke is going to smash Rey into his head so that she becomes his new head and their drill will be THE DRILL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS.

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK THEY ARE!?

Rey, Rey fight the Ordah.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  4. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Yeah...so that just got weird.

JediMatteus likes this.
  5. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
  6. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Man, this thread.

7. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    All substance, this thread.

But all we really have to go on right now is a bearded Luke vid and crackpot theories.

And Uli...as the self-proclaimed defender of crackpot theories.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Luke's first lesson to Rey:

[​IMG]

9. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    This ancient Jedi temple warps time. Luke and Rey think they've only been training a few days but when they come out years have gone by.

10. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Flashback to Ben's training:

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hux is back.... This time with cybernetic eyes because he popped his old ones in speech practice.

12. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Laura Dern's role is going to be a bystander on Luke's island who stands up and takes off her sunglasses when Luke reveals to Rey whatever he has hidden there.

"Rey... my dear Dr. Sattler... Welcome. To the First Jedi Temple."

San Hill will also be there to say "We're going to make a fortune with this place."

Barriss_Coffee, JediMara77 and spicer like this.
  13. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Thanks, I was eating supper when I read that. I got spaghetti up my noose because of you. [face_waiting]

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This movie is going to be fun.

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Considering how Episode VII ended I can see this being the first Star Wars movie to literally pick off as the last one ended. Maybe the crawl and show what the bad guys have been doing in between the destruction of Starkiller Base and the fallout of the destruction of the Hosnian system.

Or, this is a flashback or a force vision flashback thing. They were only shooting for a few days so doesn't seem like a lot. (I like Force Vision stuff more than extended flashbacks - which can function as an extended flashback - but, hey, they got a guy who's best known for a time travel movie so who knows what's going to happen)

Or, series format change! Starts with A Long Time Ago title card, cut to Rey and Luke's meeting, THEN the opening crawl! Bold!

also I love the slow-motion used on Luke's closeup - you can tell it's slowmo cuz his hair is blowing in the wind not at proper speed - gives him heft.

Also wasn't Hamill clean-shaven at the time when they did the episode VIII shooting (it was after TFA had wrapped roundabouts September 2015, that's where this footage comes from)

http://www.goss.ie/2015/09/star-wars-star-mark-hamill-hits-portmagee-for-a-pint/46305/

did he regrow the beard or when they shaved him off at the end of TFA did they save his beard hair and make a beard wig outta it?

TheRedBlade likes this.
  16. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    Considering that the footage shown here was likely shot months ago, yes, it does look like VIII begins precisely where VII left off. If there's a time-skip, it might be after the opening scene of the movie.

Man, how surprised would people be if the film does a cold open on Luke and Rey, giving us their first conversation before fading to "A long time ago..."

dawson.daddy, cthugha and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be different.

18. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    wedge is still around right?

19. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

and did someone say time travel? So were bringing back flow walking right

20. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm thinking a cold open of Luke & Rey's meeting is possible (although, I would personally go " Long time ago" card, cold open of Luke & Rey conversation & then blast of Star Wars logo & title crawl). If you look at Guardians of the Galaxy & Iron Man 3, both of those movies technically start before the Marvel logo

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well being as I have a game set two weeks after Episode VII, can I be selfish and ask for Episode VIII to be set for the most part in 37 ABY? Please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    This would upset me to a hilarious degree and I'd be one of those people ridiculed on the internet for being so upset about it.

So I could see it happening.

23. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    A cold open is not going to happen, guys. The people making Episode VIII have seen Star Wars.

Lucasfilm logo -> "A long time ago..." -> Main title and crawl -> Star Destroyer/Bad guys

That's how it happens.

24. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Anyone considered the possibility it's not the same scene, but another one where Rey is offering Luke his saber, after rejecting it once before? Maybe she's heading out, while he wants to stay put.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't think we should always expect Star Destroyer/bad guys specifically--look at I and II.