main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode VIII Production Announcement Video

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Luke is back, baby! It's exciting because Luke now is so very necessary. Yes he's powerful, although obviously emotionally hurt, but the enemy is growing more powerful. I'm so much more excited for 8 than I was for TFA honestly. Even though seeing Han and Chewie front and center again was a lot of fun, it's Luke that I'm more interested in. I think he's going to initiate growth within the new characters in a way that Han or even Leia as mentors cannot. And that's exciting.

I expect Luke to be a LEAD role in Episode 8 (on par with Rey, Finn and Poe), before sliding back as a supporting character in Episode 9.

2. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    I agree. I've seen TFA six times so far (seven this weekend I think) which is by far the most I've ever seen a movie in a theatre and it's kinda scary to think that I'll more than likely like Episode VIII a lot more because Luke is my favorite character and him having scenes with Rey, Finn, Poe, and LEIIIAAAAAA might kill me.

Dra--- and Rodie like this.
  3. burg2774

burg2774 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008

I do like that avatar. Jabba if I had creativity points to give, I send em your way. Your avatars always make me chuckle.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  4. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    This announcement video brought a smile to my face. Wasn't expecting anything along these lines this early on. The Force is strong with Rian!

The big question for me is, as others have suggested already; does this mean that VIII picks up directly where VII left off? That would be a first for a Star Wars film. Interesting.

Dra--- and AmySolo like this.
  5. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    The cliffhanger was also a first for Star Wars, so why not?

6. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014

Empire did have kind of a cliffhanger ending, although it wasn't cut short in such an extreme way. I liked the way TFA ended with the hero meeting the mythical wizard and I would be open to seeing the film pick up from that point. If that's the route Rian decides to take.

7. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    I'm going with the light. If what they filmed appears in the film I will forever be annoyed that it was cloudy when she held out the saber in TFA and then suddenly very NOT cloudy.

8. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I am now imagining Luke sighing, rolling his eyes at at Rey, taking a bottle and glass out of his voluminous robes, and pouring himself a glass of wine.

9. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    Hmmm...Im not so sure...that the scenes are what they were currently filming, much less that it continues immediately after TFA.
    The video, It just states its a Episode VIII production announcement. A clip of the director on location, a couple of unused clips from the end of TFA; is what i was thinking. Its an announcment...not the "heres the first scene shot" "or "exclusive first look at episode 8" announcement. This is just old footage. A montage of clips announcing that they started filming is all it is. Also Boyega confirmed he shot today and so that implies they may possibly be filming a scene not related to skellig....unless time has passed between films and finn is there.

Daisy has not been standing there for 2 years waiting to hand off his saber either.:p

10. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    EPIC!!! I just can't believe Star Wars is so awesome again.

JabbatheHumanBeing and Dra--- like this.
  11. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think that was a scene in the film but Because It Is directed by a different Director It has a different Look/Feel ...

but I don't feel it will be the first scene in the movie, movies are not always shot chronologically.

12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

JabbatheHumanBeing I love your new Avatar. :cool:

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  13. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    OT (Sorry mods, I certainly don't question your righteousness and divinity but I'm pretty lazy and am choosing to roll the dice, as it were, by posting a comment in a totally inappropriate thread. I know you are at times merciful so I am praying (to you) that this will be one of those blessed times): I had no idea this Edwards guy directed "Monsters." I'd forgotten all about that movie--I got it via Netflix back in the day (through the mail!) and thought it was pretty intriguing and extremely well done, especially with what was probably a very tight budget. Like, Tuco-tight. Tight! Tight-tight-tight! TIGHT!

14. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    It is sad that I have to wait 22 months to see this film. I guess I will watch the new Star Wars "spin-off" movie Rogue One in the theaters this winter.

Yora likes this.
  15. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Hell, I think we all would've been pissed if Luke was marginalized for Episode VIII.

Why is Mariner Moose horizontal?

(please don't tell me it has anything to do with Mr. Met)

nightangel and Krueger like this.
  16. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016

17. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I'm pretty certain that wasn't actually filmed the other day. You'd have to be nuts to go anywhere near a place like skellig with all these hurricane winds there has been lately

18. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I think Luke will be dead by Episode IX.

19. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Dewback likes this.
  20. MS1

MS1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I'm not sure the image of Luke is actually from the ending of TFA. It could be an all new scene for EP8 where he is deeply pondering something or reflecting on the day Rey arrived.

21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    No Luke for me.

Just kiddin'. Very exciting stuff.

Jedi of Baker Street likes this.
  22. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    [face_not_talking]

AmySolo likes this.
  23. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Which is why I`m shocked that J.J went through the effort of filming on Skellig for a minute-long scene in TFA. Wouldn`t it be easiler to build sets?

24. SunStar

SunStar Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 25, 2015
    I thought that I read (around the time The Force Awakens was released) that when they were on Skeliig Michael to film the Jedi Steps scene, they remained there for a time to film scenes for Episode 8. That would make sense since it's expensive to take a crew there. Perhaps they didn't need a lot of additional footage, and what we're seeing is just a shot or two from that.
    I'm glad that the announcement makes Luke front and center for Episode 8.

25. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006

Why does this make me think of that Rocky movie where Sly fights Dolf Lungren. The one where Sly train using the best technology and Dolf trains very low tech.