main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    am i the only one tired of seeing sequel trilogy stuff in the PT forums? ( I'll shut up now)
    ---------

I agree with both your posts TBH. Might as well call the forum PT/with a lot of stickies promoting the ST Forum.

I LOVE TFA and the ST (love it as much as AOTC) but there are already 2 forums already for the ST. You don't see this much coverage in CT and Saga, and technically you could argue they would fit more there....considering it's more closely related.

But yeah as with Fett (I'll shut up now)

2. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Hmmm... Let's just say this is a sort of sanctuary for us PT fans. Honestly, I avoid opening the ST forums, let alone posting there. The reasons are well known. I'd much rather discuss the ST here.

3. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    then you might as well make the argument of "I don't like posting in the CT, lets discuss it here" or "not really a fan of star wars tv forum , I'd rather discuss Rex and Ahsoka in the PT forum" see what I mean? :p

(note I have no problems with any forum just fyi)

but to keep on topic:

new planets please, ones we've never visited before with new locations, etc, etc :p

4. jaex

jaex Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    I agree. I’d like to discuss the ST sometimes, but I don’t want to post in the ST forum for several reasons. I’m glad this thread exists.

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Well, the problem is that some OT fans make discussing the ST in the ST boards a pain in the butt if you miss Lucas/prefer the PT/like the PT. Like Evening Star said, this is a sanctuary for us. The OT/TCW/etc fans don't get that type of discrimination like the PT fans get.

6. AprilMayJune

AprilMayJune Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2015
    LOL you really do want that tea party! But then, so do I.
    If they bring back the force ghosts only to somehow ruin them (or, god help me, give them un-Star-Warsian dialogue,) I will be totally distraught. But...but...I really *want* to see the force ghosts again, and as I've said elsewhere, I feel like whether they show them or not they need to at least give us SOME explanation about where they are, or why they're not there if they're not, after the first 6 movies made a pretty damned big deal about being able to come back from, or communicate with, the dead.

It's a conundrum for sure.

7. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  8. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I don't mind some dedicated ST threads if it means I can avoid the ST boards for the most part. I'm not big on spoilers or setting up expectations.

9. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    I must say then that since a LOT of the posters here have an issue with the ST board maybe it's a comms issue? I'm sure it can be worked out so you guys can enjoy posting there again :)

As for the force ghosts, I dunno...I'm torn. IF they are going to go force route you could ask why force ghost Anakin hasn't knocked some sense into his Grandson. :p

10. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I would like some backstory about Rey. Along with all the new characters as well.

11. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    I like having a space like this because it's difficult for me to discuss the future of the ST and what I want from it without being able to express the places in which I felt TFA, for me speaking as a single individual person with no authority over the franchise whosoever, were not up to snuff. That will occasionally require me to draw comparisons to the previous 6 entries, including, or perhaps especially, 1-3. I do not feel like I can express those thoughts in some places without being subjected to snotty comments about why I surely always had an axe to grind against the ST (which could not be less true,) or that the PT was an epic, disastrous failure on every level that no one could actually possibly like (which is never something I've ever come even close to saying about TFA, nor would I, because to me it was certainly not. I bear anyone who loved it unreservedly exactly zero ill will, and if anything, I am jealous.)

Force Ghosts, which I suspect will be a hot topic for a while now, are a good example. How many threads include sentiments along the lines of "...if they ever bring back the complete failure that was certified terrible actor Hayden Christensen, Disney will have lost their minds because no one wants to see that!" I just...yes, I get that it's good for us to have a mix of opinions out there, but there's only so much I can take when the dissenting opinions are nearly always phrased that way.

So, ultimately I do understand why it feels awkward for the PT subforum to have its own little ST island. But I get why people want it, too. That's all I've got, for whatever it's worth. [shrugs] :)

Sepra, good luck on that whole avoiding spoilers thing, hahaha. I don't know how people managed it last time (for the record, I make no effort to avoid spoilers. I will occasionally ruin an entire series for myself and then watch it, so clearly I am weird.)

Agreed. :)

And I want lots of Bad Guy Scenery Chewing. If these guys don't lean into the Evil full-on over the course of the ST, I'm going to be so disappointed. Here in Star Wars Land, we really SELL the evil. We relish it. We cackle as we destroy people. We do a lot of pounding on stuff with our fists and posing dramatically and looking towards the sky or out a gigantic window into the inky void as we swear revenge. Bring it! ;)

12. jaex

jaex Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    I like to think that the ”pull of the light” or whatever it was exactly that Kylo Ren said he felt sometimes is force ghost Anakin trying to knock some sense into his stupid grandson. :) I mean, I thought it was weird to phrase it like that when usually in SW (or some EU at least) you hear people talking about the pull of the dark side - that the dark side is tempting because it’s easy and it seems more powerful, but I don’t remember hearing anyone talk about the pull of the light. I know it’s probably not what the moviemakers intended at all, but I can still tell myself that it’s Anakin trying to stop his grandson from making the same mistakes he did.

But I wonder how Force ghosts work, exactly? Like, can they communicate with anyone? Do you have to be Force-sensitive to see them?

13. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I agree with everything AMJ is saying about the ST boards. I liked TFA a lot, and I still feel like I can't say anything even slightly neutral without being jumped on and my ethics (of all things) questioned. But whatever.

I'm not like one of those people that's like "I'm melting, I'm melting" in the face of spoilers. But I think it helps to keep my expectations in a good place.

14. jaex

jaex Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    I saw TFA almost totally unspoiled, but I’m not even trying to avoid spoilers this time. It doesn’t seem like it’s worth the hassle, and I feel like reading spoilers might help me keep my expectations at the right level. Besides, discussing spoilers and all kinds of speculation can be a lot of fun too!

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Wait who's questioning your ethics? Give me a link, I'll back you up!

16. AprilMayJune

Nov 18, 2015
    I am a pretty anxious person, so I think that's why I kind of like spoilers. It helps me to know what to expect.

Example: I was so, so excited to see Luke in TFA and I think my experience at the theatre that first time would have been diminished if I'd gone in without spoilers, because prior to them I was 100% expecting Luke to say (or do) something and I could not wait to find out what it was. I had a chance to reset my expectations (read: complain loudly and immaturely to my husband that OMG this Star Wars saga movie has no actual Jedi in it, basically, woe is me,) prior to my first viewing then, knowing that he wasn't going to say or really do anything, heh. I got a chance to process that in advance, hahaha. It helped me, I think.

17. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Yeah, Reading the crawl was still a shock but rested my mind on 'super luke'.
    Oh so he is missing, this is the hunt for Luke Skywalker then.
    Wait a New Republic!

Jedi Knight Fett and earlchinna like this.
  18. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Oh, well in my case, I didn't care yet. I think I would probably care more now.

Darkslayer, it's not important, LOL. I just start to ignore threads or posters when they go to hard or I feel like the conversation gets cyclical. I'm fine being passive aggressive. :)

19. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I could see this happening, considering Rian Johnson seems to like the Prequels.

20. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013

[face_laugh]

If I hadn't seen spoilers for TFA before the movie came out, I'm not sure how I would have come out from the other side of the fence I think (possibly derangedly angry and disappointed) So I also got to let my disappointment out before seeing it.

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Force Ghost Anakin gives Snoke the Force Stare which causes Snoke to become jealous of Anakin's beautiful blue eyes and Snoke disintegrates out of greed.

Lucasfilm and Disney are sleeping on my ass...

22. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    maybe it wont be force ghosts but force visions they have of characters. I'm not opposed force ghosts at all but I do think if they put Hayden Christensen in as a force ghost , than people will (sadly) get irked over this (the OT-only fans)

23. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Which PT, TCW, Rebels or OT minor characters do you think could show up in Rogue One? Some of the Rebel & Imperial officers certainly could. Bail Organa or Capt Antilles are also obvious candidates. Wonder if they'll wheel out Jimmy Smits.

Dagobahsystem and Darthmaul208 like this.
  24. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

They will all die in the end.

I'm hoping to see Bail:p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    DP

Lets all be careful when talking about other boards.

That's not what this thread is for and I will not allow such things.

There are other places for that.

EDIT: I'm not pissed or anything but I don't want this to become a crap storm about some board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.