main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Sure, I think we are simply justifying the existence of this thread. No worries.

I am going to trust that, if we have a Jedi Tea Party, that it won't be ruined.

And I don't care if some fans don't like HC. He is Anakin, so they can just buckle up.

2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

May may my friend on that. I agree on what you say.

Who's all going to the tea party?:p

Jedi Knight Fett and Sepra like this.
  3. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    Not sure, but it would be hilarious to have Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin sitting with Luke going "Ugh, kids these days." And teasing Anakin about his Biggest Fan.

That will never happen but it's funny to think about.

4. DarthPoojaNaberrie

DarthPoojaNaberrie Jedi Master star 5

Jun 21, 2005
    Hopefully more prequel references. I want to see any "old" planets- anything we've seen before in the OT or PT. Also want previously seen alien species as background.

I understand with previous films, each new movie (in order of 4,5,6,1,2,3) introduced new characters, species, planets, vehicles, etc each time. But they also had stuff from before and for me, TFA was a little lacking on the familiar planets and alien species. They were so busy doing fanservice with OT main characters it was like they forgot to throw a rodian in the background somewhere. Or something, anything.

5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I am quoting Sepra's post because, as a SW saga fan, I sometimes feel this way no matter where I post. More on that in a moment.

The reason I joined this forum in the first place was because I love SW. Sounds familiar, right?

The second reason is that I wanted to share my admiration of the PT with other likeminded fans, since a lot of my RL friends are lukewarm, at best, about the PT.

Most of my time on the boards has been spent with PT fans discussing, debating and analyzing SW films etc and more recently, February to be precise, hanging out in PT social thread with all the rad people there.

One thing I wanted to mention, and I apologize Ezon and everyone for being off topic, but I have noticed a disturbing trend of a few PT fans ripping TFA or being negative about the ST with impunity, and yet maintaining an indignant, even hostile response if any poster critiques the PT whatsoever, however insignificantly.

To requote Sepra, "I still feel like I can't say anything even slightly neutral without being jumped on and my ethics questioned."
    It's a bad feeling to have, I know.

My post is not aimed at any particular individual, I quoted Sepra because she expressed how I sometimes feel as a SW saga fan.
    I just wanted to remind everyone to make sure to not be like the PT detractors/haters, even in spite of how much bs we've ALL had to endure for being vocal PT fans. We're better than that, truly. At the minimum, let us watch the entire ST before we judge it too harshly.

Also, there are some sensitive nerds like me who LOVE all of the SW films, so we get bummed out by all of these trilogy wars. Give peace a chance.
    Thank you for your time.
    MTFBWY.

6. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Dagobahsystem I wish I could like your post a thousand times over, no a million times. Well said. =D=

7. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    This. It's true. All of it.

Davak24 and Dagobahsystem like this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  9. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    My thoughts on that mild disappointment some feel about the TFA: I would be mildly disappointed with AOTC if it was just by itself, or just with TPM. But AOTC is my second-favorite SW film because I watch it in conjunction with ROTS and it makes so much sense. It makes ROTS more beautiful to me, and then it becomes more beautiful in and of itself. So it very well could be that if you were on the edge of liking TFA or feeling disappointed with it, that the next film could really make it part of a great puzzle and change the way you feel.

As for the "haters' cave" type comments. Well, there's a reason I'm not in the haters' cave! :) I also don't go into the "rewriting the prequel" threads for the same reason.

10. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

No. What you said needed to be said at this moment, it was important.

But do it again, and I'm banning you:p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    To continue what Dagobahsystem said(Yep, I'm derailing my own thread AND double posting. I used to be a mod you know...)

I think it it also fine to have arguments over the sagas. Different people have different opinions, ideals and so fourth. It's perfectly fine for "civil" arguments over the dislikes of certain parts of the saga.

12. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    One major thing I was disappointed about in VII.

I really hope they embrace the lore of all the Star Wars films in VIII. I feel like it has the potential to really be something special, maybe even better than the best Star Wars movies. I'd also like to see Force ghosts---Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. All of them! As long as it doesn't seem forced.

13. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016
    [​IMG]

14. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013

I hope they incorporate more of the lore (species, droids, places etc) into the background so it can feel more rooted in the universe. At the same time tone down the overt and heavy-handed iconography of tie fighters and x-wings. Things in the foreground should be new and things in the background should be familiar

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_rofl]

16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  17. Red23

Red23 Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2015
    I am being nicer to The Force Awakens than I would be because the kids today will love TFA and i don't want to crap on their childhood the way the OT Purists did to mine.

18. GLStarWarsSaga

GLStarWarsSaga Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 3, 2016
    Yes, I would love for them to visit old planets as well. I kinda miss vibrant metropolis vibe from Coruscant. We only see a glimpse of Hosnian Prime in TFA.
    Seriously though, next director should not shy away from using CGI (and miniatures) to bring new and exciting planets, just like PT.

19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I'm excited for VIII as I thought VII was a good film if not perfect. A few things I hope for the next episode are:

1. A more original story

2. More world building.

Prisic Duskleap and Huttese 101 like this.
  20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  21. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  23. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    Very interesting.

Reminiscent of the PT.

24. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016

Yeah, is anyone else getting an old Naboo or Naboo 2.0 vibe from that or what!

25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.