main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC The Isle with No Name (Far Cry OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Reynar_Tedros, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I figure it's about time I created an OOC thread for us here, to make a place for us to come and talk about what's going on on "the beach," and keep up with the situations and statuses of our characters.

I do have an update on our current dramatis personae. Point Given has understandably withdrawn from the game due to time constraints. Being as how his character, Adrian, never made it to the island, we can assume that he has fallen victim to the depths of the sea.

Also, NickLitYouAFlame has not been seen on the forums in over a month, and has not responded to my PMs. Adhering to the fifth guideline in the OP of Far Cry, I'll be taking limited GM control of Nick's character, Mathias. It would be easier for him to not survive the drowning and Haley's CPR attempts on him, but I still don't feel comfortable killing the character off quite yet lest Nick return soon after. Let's hope he's doing okay IRL.

And with all that out of the way, I just have to mention how great of a job you're all doing and how much I'm enjoying your writing and characterizations. I sincerely could not have asked for a better group of writers to work with, and though we're small in number, I think the story we create has the potential to be something special and I am immensely grateful for each of you. I have some exciting things in store for us, and this tiny beach is only the beginning! :D

Also, please adhere to the rules outlined in the OOC Threads thread. This isn't a social thread, but a place for us to convene and discuss all things Far Cry, reactions to the events unfolding, questions about the plot, notifications of any prolonged absences, etc.

Tag: @spacelady, @Ktala, @HanSolo29, @Heavy Isotope, @Vehn, @NickLitYouAFlame

2. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yay! Looking forward to seeing what's coming up for us! :D And like Reynar said previously, you guys are awesome! Love playing working with you all! Hoping to see another face in the game though..... O:)

And stupid alert system. Didn't know this was here until just now!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Heh...yeah, I only discovered this thread yesterday as well. For some reason, I didn't get an alert for the tag either.

Things definitely seem like they're going to get interesting from here on out! My problem at the moment is finding an opening to re-introduce Will into the mix! :p

4. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    So. He didn't die? Thanks for spoiling the surprise. [face_plain] :p

Post, hopefully this evening!

5. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Thanks for the tag, just checking in here. :)

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I didn't say he would turn up alive. [face_mischief]

And yeah, I need to work on a post as well, but I think I will reserve that for tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight to focus.

7. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
  8. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Yes, as you all may have noticed, we do have a new player on board! Very excited to have Jedi_padawan_leigh join us! :D

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    :D

welcome all!!!...

10. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    All he knew was that he was a far cry away from seeing his family again.

I saw what you did there! :p

11. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Thanks for the welcome guys! And I should have a post coming after work tomorrow, just had a bit of a rubbish week which has left me a little uninspired, Grr!

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Popping my head in to say hello! Looking forward to more game updates as we go along :)

13. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Hey Vehn. :) I was thinking of having my character stick with you for a bit, and fail at speaking any French, justifying a bit in her backstory about her publicist being from France.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    we can always just talk with each other, until updates happen... :p

15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Heavy Isotope: I think that's great idea. Perhaps Sally and Leon find a way to communicate after all....and if French fails there's English....

16. Reynar_Tedros

Jul 3, 2006
    Sorry for the delay, everyone. New update finally posted. Hope someone brought their dream journal! ;)

17. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Welcome back :D

Vehn, being the player I realise shaking a sleeping war veteran isn't a good idea, however Sally doesn't know any better. If you think that'd be a factor for him.

Vehn likes this.
  18. spacelady

Mar 16, 2003
    Thanks for the update! Been so crazy busy! I'll try my hardest to get a post up later. :)