main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I believe that you are correct.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah Vader from ROTS to ANH, loyal servant of the Emperor. However, Sheev demotes Vader after the Death Star is destroyed, orders a bunch of replacements, and then Vader finds out he has a son and then Vader turns more into his scheming against Palpy (See Star Wars: Darth Vader for more!). But in this episode, he's very much a Company Man for The Emperor.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Quote.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I don't think anyone makes it as a sith.:p

5. Sith_Kingpin

Sith_Kingpin Jedi Padawan

Feb 4, 2013
    The Rule of Two pretty much guarantees a short lifetime as the Sith value power over anything else, so if Palpatine had found someone better suited than Vader, he'd have discarded him like he did with Dooku and Maul. Sith masters also kept a close eye on their apprentices as the Sith Code encouraged them to challenge/kill their master when the time was right, and there wasn't anything Palpatine feared more than death. If he even detected a whiff of a conspiracy involving Vader, he'd have dealt with him personally.

6. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    That's a terrible way of keeping Vader out of the picture. Since he's after the Holocron and knows Ezra has it. There are also 2 Jedi out there that have beaten 4 of his Inquisitors. Then of course there is Maul as well, so the idea he would just give up is awful.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  7. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    After Ahsoka being "defeated" (in some form) there is no need for Vader to be personally involved with the Ghost crew capture. None of them are a direct threat to him any more.

8. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Not sure Vader will be in this or not? He might have a brief cameo, but his role might be even less in season 3.

9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    ?????

They have killed 4 of his Inquisitors, they have the Sith Holocron and generally slice through the Empire forces like a knife through butter. Of course they are a threat

QueenSabe7 and La Calavera like this.
  10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Point to me where they've been a direct threat to Vader.

11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I think a loyalist like Vader would consider any act against the Emperor to be an act against himself.

fett 4 and La Calavera like this.
  12. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    It doesn’t matter if Kanan and Ezra are threatening Jedi or rag-tag nobodies. They now have in their hands an important Sith holocron that Vader badly wants, and it will be a stretch to have a whole season of them playing around with the holocron and Vader just shrugging it off.

Plus, as fett 4 said, these two seemingly “nonthreatening” Jedi just managed to get his Inquisitors killed off, and they may be in league in Maul now. I don’t expect Vader to look at this messy situation and think “yeah I’ll just send more Inquisitors, whatever.”

fett 4 likes this.
  13. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Random thought: so we've got a force sensitive with a lot of potential, a definite bridge (pun most certainly intended) to the Dark Side and a Sith holocron that Vader wants to get his hands on... could Ezra potentially be the new-canon version of Starkiller? Would be interesting. Personally Vader seems too much of the devoted apprentice to try it but then maybe that's what we're SUPPOSED to think...

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It seems they have written themselves into a corner here. They can't have Vader ignore them yet at the same time Vader would realistically squash them like flies.

jakobitis89

At this time Vader has zero intention of betraying the Emperor but Ezra could still be made an useful tool.

TheSlave_1 and fett 4 like this.
  15. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    That's why I think the next season is going to have Ezra make a turn pretty early on. It will mostly be Ghost Crew vs. Ezra with the Imperials vs. Rebels conflict more in the background. Possibly have the newly conflicted Kallus being more tempted to turn to the Rebels/Ghosts to contrast Ezra's jumping ship....

Vader is presumably going to have to spend a little while recuperating from his fight and maybe he'll take a step back from the hands on fighting to become more of a game player in the future. I think the manipulator/politician Vader is one aspect the comics do quite well that we've not really seen in the show yet.

16. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I don’t think that will ever happen in this show. The Starkiller story was fit for a PG-13 rated game. And the main character was an evil guy turned good, which is a much easier to sell (and write) story than a good guy turned evil – especially in a show with a large kid audience.

17. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't think Rebels will ever feature much politics of any kind. I also doubt that Vader's injuries will play a role in the show, when he reappears he will probably be his usual self.

You may be right about Rebels vs. Ezra + Maul, but how long will they really leave Ezra on the darkside? Not more than a couple episodes I'd wager. Having Kallus do a turn for good would diminish the number of credible villains even further.

TheSlave_1 likes this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    If we see Vader, I don't expect more than in season 2, which means season premiere and/or season finale, if only because they keep bringing up how much it costs to animate Vader's cape.

19. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Rebels's Vader is my favourite Vader

TX-20 and Larsonator like this.
  20. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Let's hope he can actually kill a force user in this show before it ends. *looks at maul and kanan*

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think it's a stretch to say Kallus was a credible villain. Up until the Honourable Ones, he just used to show up and get beaten or outwitted. The only real mystery was how he managed to stay alive given his failure rate.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I guess I still haven't completely given up on him and the reason for that is probably Oyelowo. I think they could make him a credible villain if they just put more effort into it! Is it too much to hope they don't half-ass season three like they did 90% of season 2?

Defies my comprehension.

fett 4 likes this.
  23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000

I still think the biggest problem in regards to the villains, is having such a large untouchable main cast. They slice through baddies like a knife through butter and the baddies can't even kill one of them, it really makes them look ineffectual.

Knight Wolf and Darth_Pevra like this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It's become more and more obvious to me that war against an oppressive dictatorship and a tv-show for small kids don't fit together. I wish they had done a "Luke's Jedi kids" show instead with some harmless but clever and fun adventures.

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Starwars has always been a Space Adventure for all ages, not just small kids and TCW was also a cartoon (run by the same people) that managed to do that, so it can be done.