main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One AT-ACTs in Rogue One!!

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Avnar, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Hi guys,

So, what did everyone think of the AT-AT's in the trailer? I thought they looked fantastic! I hope we still get the same driver outfits that were used in Empire.

I have been thinking though... To keep their dread when they appear in Empire, I think they will absolutely destroy the Rebels and we will not see them get taken out - Well not by tow cables anyway. It would ruin the surprise wouldn't it? That way (if watched in the right order) when Empire comes around the audience will be thinking "Oh boy, how are the Rebels going to take these things out??"

Thoughts?

:cool:

whostheBossk and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  2. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    I've been dying to see them in a new Star Wars movie with moder CG. I thought we would see the AT-AT-esque First Order vehicles in Episode 8. But having them in Rogue One makes me think they will do something different for episode 8.

3. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Those AT-ATs looked sick, it's been awhile since we last saw them in film? Since Rotj I believe? I'm also curious to see the palm tree planet they were deployed at.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I wonder if we'll see them wade through a sea and drive ashore up through a beach?

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It will be interesting see how the Empire dominated the galaxy with those weapons of intimidation. Imagine being somewhere and hearing those massive AT-ATs from a distance making their way towards you.

6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Wasn't there a rumour that they come ashore from beneath the water - Or am I imagining this??

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Pablo Hidalgo confirmed on Twitter that it’s a different model to the one seen in TESB. They do look different.

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    That was the rumour floating around before this trailer.
    What we saw is cool. There are cool AT-AT things yet to be seen.

Edit: oops, what Avnar said.

Django Fett likes this.
  9. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015

I heard that they're the versions of the AT-AT we saw in season 2 of Rebels.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. Edgar Allen Poe Dameron

Edgar Allen Poe Dameron Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Am I the only one who thinks the effects of the Walkers looks unfinished? With 8 months to go I think it's safe to assume the effects will be improved on because they don't look quite right to me. Not bad per se but it just doesn't looks quite as detailed as they should

Darth Basin likes this.
  11. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    No, I thought so, too. You can tell when you look at their legs and their feet when they're taking steps. There is a looooong way till release, though.

Yes, they do look like those ones.

12. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    There was concept of it for TFA. Hope they reused it here!
    I think the Rebels ones are just closer to the McQuarrie concepts so they could just be based on the same thing.

13. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    At least we can now see the iconic AT-AT in action in a new SW movie, which has been a long time coming... Because the only time we saw one was at that close up shot of Rey in Jakku - she uses a downed AT-AT as her home!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

14. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    There's wiggle room there, from after ROTS and shortly before TESB. I buy it. They had various versions of the vehicles, constantly evolving.

darklordoftech and Lt. Hija like this.
  15. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    The walkers in Rogue One appear to be closer related to the ones in ESB.

The walkers in Rebels were indeed inspired by McQuarrie preproduction work for ESB: http://imgur.com/fYkcUX6[​IMG][​IMG]

darklordoftech and spaulagain like this.
  16. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    In Rebels and Clone Wars things are stretched and twisted a little bit for a bit of artistic style.

17. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    [​IMG]

So something like this, except replace the droid transports with AT-ATs. Sounds very intriguing!

18. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    The walkers lacked the "cheek" blasters on their "heads". In TESB & ROTJ they had cheek blasters. In Legends the smaller cheek blasters were used 4 faster moving targets. Maybe theses walkers with "chin" blasters only move 2 slow to target say Rebels scurrying on the ground. This is how the R1 Rebels may win the Battle.

I notice the Empire & FO try to learn from past mistakes like FO Star Destroyers with out a "hey look at me! I'm a tempting target" bridge tower.

19. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
  20. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

I imagine (and expect) that it will look far less cluttered and artificial than that. For comparison:

[​IMG]

21. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    All you're missing is the haunting "OOOOO-LAUUUUU!!!!!" & those walkers could be from The war of the worlds.

Lt. Hija and Artoo-Dion like this.
  22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I could see what looked like Rebels-style rear gun turrets- though only for a moment.

23. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I would love to see the Rebel Alliance using out-dated Clone Wars era weapons to take on the AT-AT. Such as using the AT-AT's predecessor to take on AT-TE.

whostheBossk, 11-4D and The Jaded Irk like this.
  24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

I hope not. The AT-TEs are terrible designs compared to the AT-ATs. If the Rebel Alliance needs some ground vehicles, I'd rather they created something new.

25. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I wouldn't mind it. Seeing them use the weapons of the former regime they are trying to resurrect works better on a symbolic level imo. Besides it would probably be very short scene and they would have probably newer stuff too. Mix and match given their circumstance.

spaulagain likes this.