main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Vorax said from the start Ezra was more or less based off Galen Marek

2. CloneofVader

CloneofVader Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016

In the Marvel comics clearly shown that Vader was loyal to the emperor until he learned about Luke after New Hope.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I know.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    "I'm becoming more powerful than the Chancellor, I can overthrow him, then you and I can rule Galaxy"

Doesn't exactly sound loyal their does it.
    I thought it was that ever since his Lava bath Vader was not strong enough to take on Palpatine but that he sees Luke (who can) as an opportunity to do that

5. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    It also makes it impossible to ever canonize TFU.
    And thih is good news because Galen was too overpowered(Merry Sue character)

Anakin had ambitions.But Vader?Nope...He lost desire for life after Padme death and become Sidious tool, until he learn about Luke.

6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You are quoting his quite insane drunk on the darkside self. Later Vader has far more self-control

La Calavera likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Hi CloneofVader welcome to the boards! :) Be sure not to post more than once in a row in a given thread. There's a very nifty edit button you can use to add to your post, and in the TV forum the edit window is 60 minutes.

If you need further assistance, feel free to contact me or any other mod. Happy posting. [face_peace]

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    I think that's Vader we see in the Rogue One trailer

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't think so because that person was wearing a hood a Vader does not.

10. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Hood might be a one off for the trailer, to hide him. Who knows.

11. CloneofVader

Apr 5, 2016
    Hopefully this is him.
    I think it would be great if Vader is played as the ominous, overwhelming supernatural enemy that ordinary Rebel fighters struggle to overcome. The best genre example of this is, of course, the Hobbit characters in Lord of the Rings - most of all Frodo Baggins: not a warrior or a prince or a wizard, yet he decides to basically enter into Hell and confront Satan himself, and this is what makes him one of the great heroes of the fantasy genre. In other words: Darth Vader as the ominous Sauron figure: an ever-present threat who nevertheless remains in the background, and is all the more frightening because of it.

Now I'm not suggesting that there should be any other parallels between R1 and LOTR. All I'm saying is that this scenario of ordinary people who go up against a supernatural threat with nothing but their bravery and selfless desire to help others can make for great heroism, character development, and drama.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    But isn't the whole point of the helmet and mask is that it's not just an outfit but his life support machine. He literally can't live without it, except in his breathing pod.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think what they meant was that the hood is just there for the trailer and won't be in the actual movie

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Did not look like Vader, but someone dressed like a Sith Lord or similar attire to a Royal Guard but in black, so probably an Inquisitor character.

15. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Would be could cool to see the Inquisitor lightsaber in live action.

And lightsaber coptering...:p

Vialco likes this.
  16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well for one, Vader doesn't need a hood to look cool, .

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Vader wore a hood in ROTS .

Could be a "Chrome Trooper" design from the unused concept art piece from TFA, they had hoods apparently and wore fantasy Stormtrooper/knight-like armor which Forest's character seems to have some form of with the pouldron with large neck guard.

18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm talking about post-Mustafar Vader obviously, he already has a helmet and a cape, why would he need a hood? That would be silly.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Unless that scene was specifically shot for the trailer to hide Vader's appearance I think it will be an inquisitor

20. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Why couldn't he use a different breathing aid? It's not like he can't afford it.

21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    He was pursuing Leia to get the stolen plans back, I doubt he had time to change helmets.

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    :confused:
    I don't get it.

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    This is assuming it ends with them sending the stolen plans over to Leia, Vader is going to be chasing after her. He's not going to change breathing masks mid chase.

24. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Hyperspace rides take hours. And we don't know when the scene takes place, may be before Vader knows about the theft of the plans. So I really don't understand the argument.

25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Why would he changes breathing mask? He never changed it between ANH and RotJ. The only time I could see him "changing" it would be if there was some kind of damage done to it and from what we know, it was during his duel against Ahsoka but it was 3 years before the event of the movie and his helmet didn't really change even then.