main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

I doubt it's an inquisitor.
    My thoughts are it is still Vader, but Rogue One has masked his appearance for the trailer.

2. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Why would they hide Vader though ? Normally they try and put Vader on or in everything because well, it's Darth Vader and he's popular an all. Besides it does break into Vaders theme at the end of the trailer anyway, so disgusing him would seem redundant

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well that person is kneeling infront of some sorta chamber which is strange within itself as Vader is never flanked by the Emperor's Royal Guards. Is Sidious some kinda Vampire, are they awaiting another type of leader that lives in a bacta tank chamber kinda like Vader's life support chamber, what gives?!

The silhouette is reminiscent of a Royal Guard but it appears its a hood:
    [​IMG]

4. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

I heard some people saying that the hooded guy is none other than Sheev, which makes no sense since he is kneeling - why would Palpatine kneel? He is the freaking Emperor, he bows to noone.

However unlikely it is, I really hope they won't do a cameo of Snoke consequently making him the big boss who worked from behind the shadows throughout all the OT. That would be so bad.

Like I said, I think it is almost impossible since no sane writer would do something like that but still, a thought like that did cross my mind.

I think it is most likely an inquisitor.

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Inquisitors could all be dead by then. Filoni was hinting at it.

Erkan12 likes this.
  6. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    It could be the very last one. It would be a nice way to connect the film to Rebels.

MandoArtist and Grey Matter like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

8. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    I thought it was a nice touch, during Vader's battle with Ahsoka, that he said the same thing Kylo Ren did. "Anakin Skywalker was weak, so I destroyed him."

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Kylo Is so much like Vader that he takes his own lines!

10. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Yeah, he's awesome in this. Love seeing him fly in the TIE Advanced, ala A New Hope. The best star fighter pilot in the galaxy.

11. Wrenegade

May 8, 2015
    The only thing better than seeing him FLYING the TIE Advanced was seeing him making a grand entrance standing on top of it. I don't care how ridiculous and over the top that may have been, I loved it.

Although I do have to wonder how he got up there. Did he think while he was flying into Malachor, "You know, this isn't cool enough", set it to autopilot, carefully get out, and descend down?

Or maybe I'm overthinking it. :p

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fixed

13. Wrenegade

May 8, 2015
    That was pretty wizard, wasn't it son?
    What?
    IM BRINGIN IT BACK!

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Man I really want Robot Chicken to make a another Star Wars episode.

SuperSecretMuffin likes this.
  15. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014
    Am I the only one who thinks that Ahsoka actually managed to get through to Anakin?

On the frame below, you can clearly see surprise, shock even manifest on Vader's face. Or at least that is what I choose to see.

[​IMG]

I believe that for a split second, Vader actually considers to let go of his hatred. The thing is, it is too painful for him - during that short span of time the Anakin Skywalker trapped within him realizes all that he had done. It is too much for Vader to bare so he chooses to destroy the living memory of everything he was and everything he held dear.

What a tragedy, I feel so sad whenever I think about this. ;(

Knight Wolf and ChefCurryWindu like this.
  16. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Pretty much agree with what you said. That was one of the most emotional and sad scenes in Rebels for myself. Then when u hear Anakin respond to Ahsoka, "Then you will die," and ignites his saber, can't help but think after all those years, Anakin is all but gone, replaced by Vader. Ahsoka finally hears and witnesses firsthand the truth on what her old master had become.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Knight Wolf likes this.
  17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    That's not how I interpreted that scene. I believe that the strike in his helmet briefly shocked Anakin back to consciousness like after a big slap in the face or a head trauma. And it's actually when he saw her and looked at her in the eyes that he recognizes who he is looking at retreats deep within Vader because he lives in denial and runs from the painful truth. I don't think he was hesitating or even thinking about turning away from the darkside in that moment, it was more like a moment of recognition hence why he said "You will die" shortly afterward.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Filoni confirmed more or less that Ahsoka did not really get through to Anakin.

19. Wrenegade

May 8, 2015
    I'm kinda wondering if Vader will make any appearances in S3. I mean, the whole Vader/Ahsoka arc seems to be done (unless she comes back) so I don't really see much reason for him to come back. As much as I like the character, I don't want to cheapen him by continually being bested by the Rebels. In S2 they did a good job of not doing that, but I'm afraid if they bring him back that'll happen eventually.

20. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Well Kanan and Ezra have the Holocron the emperor wanted and Maul left Malachor, maybe Sidious will think they are more of a threat now? Could he sense Maul? I doubt we'll see Vader more than in season 2 which means season premiere and/or season finale if only because they keep mentioning budget constraint.

21. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I imagine a Sith Holocron is pretty big of a deal for the Emperor, Vader will be on it for sure.

22. Wrenegade

May 8, 2015
    I'm sure he'll be after it, but whether he goes after it directly is another question. I suppose he could make a few small appearances, even if he isn't directly going after the holocron, but as I said I really don't want them to cheapen him.

23. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

Source?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just search it up on YouTube as Ahsoka Vs Anakin and Midichlorians it was done by Rebels force Radio.

25. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

Ah I saw that and he did not say such a thing. I guess you could interpret it that way. If Ahsoka wouldn't get through to Anakin then he wouldn't really want to destroy her - why would he? Logic dictates he captures her and either extracts all the possible information she has or convert her to one of his inquisitors. She did get through to him for that split second though, just look at his face expression. Because of that, he wants to kill her really badly because she reminds him of all his deeds.