main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ancient Sith were inspired by the Ones?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by staticdash22, Apr 16, 2016.

1. staticdash22

staticdash22 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    This just came to mind while I was rewatching the clone wars, mortis episodes. During "Altair of mortis", the daughter takes obi wan to a place where he would gain the tool he needs to stop the brother. The altar obi wan jumps on to, looks very similar to the one maul and ezra went to to retrieve the sith holocron.

It has the same shape and effect. It wasn't only that, but levitating weapon obi wan grabbed. The effect reminded me of ezra taking the sith holocron. They both had the same placement effect and the imagery was very interesting. Could this suggest that ancient sith, or even older force groups had knowledge of the Ones. This could point at an even deeper mystery imo.

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes, I made a similar observation in the Ahsoka thread. And there's more than what you just mentioned.

SuperPersch and Vorax like this.
  3. staticdash22

staticdash22 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015

Ah, had no idea. Good insight anyway, I just thought of the rebels finale for some reason. The father did say the sith were one of the groups that wanted to exploit their abilities. Maybe he's referring to the sith of the time they left the galaxy.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    or they could have just been lazy and re-used designs...[face_monkey]

Darth Basin likes this.
  5. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Filoni made a point on a podcast to state that the Mortis altar design and the Sith Holocron holder design were the same on purpose with underlying symbolism.

He also mentions that the Sith Temple on Malachor was meant to echo the Temple Yoda visited on Moraband.

6. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    I think they're the SWU equivalent of Prometheans in Greek mythology. The ones to introduce other beings to a godlike power (i.e., teaching them how to connect with the Force). Like Prometheus, they believed this power would make everyone's life better. But it didn't; instead people wanted to use this power to attack each other. While people genuinely admired the Ones, they also competitively sought their favor. The incorporation of Mortis-style elements into the Sith temples could be for one of these reasons, or could be a sign of direct cooperation with this race. In ancient times, the Ones may have been more numerous and present in the Galaxy. Those we meet at Mortis may have been a remnant of their dying species, and TFU's Supreme Leader Snoke may be as well.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  7. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Oh geez. That "please let this be just a bad dream" Mortis Arc.

Yeahhhhhh. I think Disney will stay away from this 1.

8. TetsuAero

TetsuAero Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Disney's got nothing to do with it :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I meant Disney will probably avoid Godlike creatures 4 awhile.

10. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Disney still hasn't got anything to do with it...

Anyway, there's obvious its a Mortis connection as thatotherjedi posted some posts up.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They all share the same Sith civilization & cultural architectural design and motifs on purpose:

[​IMG]

The Mortis arc is very important, as they keep going back to back to it in various ways, Maul and Ahsoka are connected to it as its no accident Maul was on Malachor.

12. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Genuinely curious--why do you say that?

13. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    To me the Mortis Arc was very UnStar Warsy. It felt like Stargate, or Thor or when ever The Enterprise faces Godlike aliens.

Godlike aliens don't belong in SW.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Force Sensitives are god-like aliens, you're basically saying the Force and those that use the Force don't belong in SW,lol.

15. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Old eu as had the tho your pyramid ships which brought the first jedi to tython, which had a similar design.

16. TetsuAero

Jan 24, 2008
    Oh they fit perfectly in there, George was even the mind behind them.

17. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    The Force itself is the only Godlike being the SWU needs. The Jedi & Sith r more like Angeles &
    Demons.

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    And there are good and bad people on either side. Being a Jedi doesn't mean your a good person, and being a sith doesn't make you a bad one.

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

They can be interpreted as demi-gods as they're is a clear difference between those that can use the Force and those that cannot, despite that the Force exists in all creatures on some level because all life comes from the Force(a fictional representation of God). Many Demons also come from other pagan religions where they were once gods ect, and some gods were related to God to the pagan deities in order to convert them to the faith of the one God.

One can interpret the The Father, The Son and The Daughter as the Christian doctrine of the holy Trinity . The Trinity, God, a consubstantial in three persons, is called the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

There is other Force based religions other than the Jedi and the Sith, and other Force wielders like the Dagoyan Masters or Nightsisters and we were to have seen some Wookie shamans in season 7 or whatever of TCW.

20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Wookiee shamans? Aren't the walking carpets rare in the Force?

21. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm not sure if Disney agrees about the Force Wielders not belonging... I remember a lot of people on these forums being really critical of those episodes, but beyond that I thought Mortis was well regarded?

I always show people Overlords when they ask about TCW and they pretty much start watching the show straightaway after that.

Very different storytelling than most of the series, but I think that's why it stands out to me. It was this meta view of the saga created out of a a family of shape shifting Force deities in another realm or something! I mean radical!

Sent from my brain using thumbs.

Darth Blade likes this.
  22. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012

Lucas said so in the past, but he's known for changing his mind.

[​IMG]

23. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    The droid professor actually mentions that it is rare for Wookiees to be force sensitive.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Ahsoka seems to be connected to Daughter and Maul to Son. Don't be surprised if we see a Son-colored owl following Maul.

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  25. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Some of us think Snoke is the Son.

If Ahsoka is the daughter--as Filoni points out, she died on Mortis and the Daughter brings her back (or was it the Father?)--this furthers the possibility that Ahsokha might become a new embodiment of the Daughter in the Galaxy.

It occurs to me they could do a live action CGI version of Ahsoka, like they do Maz Kanata.

Really? Since when? The Sith use and embody all the negative energies that bring about pain, destruction, death and cause suffering in others? In fact, there is evidence that Palpatine drew energy from the pain and suffering of others

Embodying what we call Evil.

How are you defining good and bad?

Snoke is thought to be god-like, more powerful than Palpatine.