main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Darth Vader in Rebels Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Rob Wainfur, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I remember him saying it was the shock of her striking him that briefly brought Anakin, not her actually reaching him, she didn't even try, that moment wasn't a moment of hesitation for him. Why would he want to destroy her? Because she represents his past, she is not an opportunity to bring down the emperor/rule the galaxy together hence why the fight didn't have any lasting impact on him.

2. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

Exactly, she represents his past. If she did not get through to him then he wouldn't really care She did though and that is why he wants to destroy her.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    But thats not getting through to him because she never even tried she was just shocked that it was Anakin and then Vader was also shocked back into "consciousness" but not because he felt Empathy for her because if he did he would also have to face the fact that he betrayed all his friends and he would not do such a thing.

Devizz likes this.
  4. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    It would be the same with Obi-wan or even Yoda if they decided to fight him, but I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that point.

Devizz and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  5. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

Yes, I agree but I also think that for only a split second he actually faced the fact that he betrayed all his friends and it was too much for him to bare so he chose the easy path and decided to kill Ahsoka.

6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    It seemed like when he looked at her in the eyes,he decided to run away because of his deep denial of what happened. He doesn't want to admit that it was his fault

Devizz and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  7. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lucas has said that Mace was wrong to decide to simply judicially murder Palpatine and that Anakin was right to stop him. It's what he did after that was wrong.

It's kind of strange because RotS changed his motivation for his fall at the last minute. First it was him being noble and stopping the Jedi from launching a coup, and him defending the legitimate Government then it got changed in production to being about Padme. Though it ends the same, with him wanting more power and doing horrible things then going, what am I doing, then justifying it to himself.

Now I think about it Luke's kind of lucky when he took a swing in RTJ, yet he only got blocked :p

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    He may have been right to stop Mace to kill Palpatine, even if it took drastic measure to do it. He made a choice for selfish reasons, learning the power to keep Padme from death by a guy, who acted as a fatherly mentor for 13 years and a well known liar, who claimed a Sith lord was able to stop people he cared from death. In the end, what does he do? Force choke the same person for who he fell to the darkside for a perceived "betrayal" and gets his remaining arm and legs chopped. The dark side can do wonders to the mind, I suppose.

9. Devizz

Apr 30, 2014

My thoughts exactly.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So Vader's gotta come back for the series finale, right? I keep thinkin' one reason he's taking a Bacta Bath in Rogue One is he came off his final fight with Kanan (maybe not Ezra, Vader could possibly just take him out in two swings again. But I think Kanan has become stronger in the Force to be able to hold his own and fight back against Vader by now).

Which is why Vader's so ticked at Krennic, he just spent time and energy killing one of the last remaining Jedi and then Krennic comes at him barking about a promotion!

11. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    I refuse to accept that Kanan is powerful enough to put Vader in a bacta tank. Even if they do that, I will consciously pretend that never happened. :p

But about Vader being in a bacta tank in RO - the RO visual dictionary (I think?) states that Vader took those baths on a regular basis. It wasn't just when he was battle-damaged.

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Vader is literally in the opening scene of the series in Spark of Rebellion (give or take a few weeks when the scene first aired on ABC live broadcast) but it's Vader talking to the Grand Inquisitor about finding the remaining Jedi. While the show has been considerably Vader-lite (and rightfully so) for the last season and a half, it would be odd if he doesn't get in one more appearance. I think over the last years, Kanan and Ezra are certainly more powerful than they were at Malachor and could probably warrant Vader's attention by now. All of that wacky Force stuff ramping up on Lothal probably is setting off a few warning bells in the Dark Side too.

cwustudent and Darth Dnej like this.
  13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

When Vader is not out on missions, he is in the tank healing up.

There is no reason for Vader to appear in Rebels now.

14. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Well we will probably see what happened in the aftermath of his duel with Ahsoka, but I don't think it will be a significant role kinda like season 2.
    Yep.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Yeah, it is a bit weird that the Empire seems to not care at all that they have two Jedi running around with the Rebellion. And its not like they're incompetent or anything. They killed most or maybe even all of their remaining Inquisitors (including the GI), they helped in the destruction of Imperial property on a very large scale (all those Star Destroyers), not to mention the tens of thousands of death Imperial personnel.

Vader should be sending all the remaining Inquisitors after them and if there are none left, he should go after them himself.

But I understand from story and production point of view, Dave & crew don't want to do this, as it would make Vader look weak, as he can't kill two of the main characters in the middle of the show. Not to mention the cost to animate his cape.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Actually in the Legends book Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, Palpatine had that exact view. A handful of Jedi were not seen by him as a threat. After Vader disposed of Roan Shrine Palps ordered Vader to let the survivors go because they posted no threat.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I really hope we do seem him again, if only because I feel that he's a bit of a lose end when it comes to baddies on the show and if he'll deal with Kanan and Ezra, which I think could happen in the series finale at least (like I said, Force stuff on Lothal! It could be a homing beacon to Vader and Sidious.). But I can also see the point of view now that he's taken care of The Apprentice he's off doing other Dark Side stuff.

Anyway, I'm doing a (very) mini Star Wars Rebels watch for my Star Wars series rewatch lead up to The Last Jedi. Episodes I picked? Siege of Lothal, Shroud of Darkness, Twilight of the Apprentice and Twin Suns. Aside from that last one, all Vader baby, whooo! Maybe I'll even throw in part 1 of the S1 finale just for the last shot. In fact, I think I will!

18. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I'm certainly not expecting more than cameos at the end of episodes until the season finale at least when he might have a bigger presence there. Just my theory anyway.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I just noticed that Vader isn't wearing his cape when in his TIE fighter in Siege of Lothal. Now that I've seen it I can't unsee it. Vader without his cape looks odd. I watched ANH yesterday too and the answer that if Vader is wearing his cape in his TIE fighter is ... inconclusive... I think.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    he isn't. If you have to sit, you generally remove your cape. Vader has no cape on in his chamber on the Executor either.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    huh, I guess you're right. They do a decent job of not making it pronounced anyway, I just really noticed it in SoL because there's a side-angle view of Vader in his TIE with a lot of space behind him so I noticed it. It IS Zero G inside TIEs, I think, it'd be weird to have it sort of vaguely floating behind him.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    On Rebels way too many people had fit inside Tie Fighters, so I'd be surprised that they omitted his cape on purpose,lol, ;)

It is likely Vader was punished after Malachor by Sidious who must not have been happy . We know Sidious isnt all that pleased with Vader since his fall on Mustafar, so this failure is a compounded one on top. Probably being taken off the assignment makes sense from that perspective. I don't really think Sidious would be all that happy that Maul survived and eliminated the Inquisitors. The Inquisitorius remember is a personal pet project of his and took years formulating. Plus the loss of the Sith Engine and Holocron.

But as far as Thrawn being the sole or best military man for the job, apparently he's put forward due to Pryce's efforts and not Vader, Sidious or Tarkin, that is rather stupid storytelling imo. So far Thrawn has not proven to be anymore successful than Tarkin or Vader(plus Inquisitors). In universe, I think Sidious cannot be a happy Emperor as his best agents are failing him and this military is losing against not only upstart young Jedi but an infant Rebellion. The loss of life on the Imperial side and loss of military equipment (money) seems to be astronomical in real world terms.

BigAl6ft6 and Darth Dnej like this.
  23. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Interesting! I´m curious, why do you think Vader pretty much embarrassed himself on Malachor? In season 3, Tarkin express the official imperial vision of the whole thing, and that´s that Vader dealt with the Rebel Jedi leadership, and that the remnants are an insignificant nuissance that, nonetheless, must be eventually dealt with too. Hence Thrawn.

The Inquisitors loss, no doubt, was something the Sith didn´t want. Like you very well said they were a pet project of Palpatine, but somehow the Emperor himself didn´t seem to care about Malachor at all (he knew about it and had an apprentice ready to go and take control of the Holocron and the Temple, but decided to let it all alone) and apparently Maul was very low in his priorities...

With the knowledge that the Temple was active and ready to be used against the Empire, I imagine the destruction of it would have been received mostly as good news by the Emperor. After all, he could have gotten an entire blockade on that planet (like on Legend´s Dathomir), so I get the feeling that the temple ending up being a dangerous weapon to be turned against the Sith would be mostly his fault, not Vader´s...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  24. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I really would not be surprised if Vader comes back at some point before the finale. I think they were consciously trying not to over-use him in the series. It isn't necessarily needed for him to come back, but if it's a worthwhile scene, I certainly wouldn't mind, particularly since James Earl Jones has been doing the voice.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I never said embarrassed. But he could be punished and reprimanded in some form or another, which does happen to Vader by Sidious in canon of course. Its possible, but course maybe Vader killed Ahsoka and covered up the damage he sustained but I don't think thats the case. But I think we would've seen Vader a lot sooner, so I do think he was in someway punished as I said above. But with the Imperials not particularly doing a good job so far , we know the Alliance only blossoms by Rogue One to ANH, if Vader or someone like him does pop again on the Imperial side, it will likely more deal with Mandalore finally and the two Jedi. As far as Bendu and Ahsoka, they seem like ambiguous loose ends but with a new series they not answered. I guess Sidious may turn up at some point but perhaps not.