main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Episode 8 Next Location to be Ireland, Donegal/Malin Head

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Grilled Hutt, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Rimfaxe96

Rimfaxe96 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2016
    Damn. Can someone get some member of the crew really really drunk and then ask questions?
    I mean it does seem like they go for a pint or two after every shoot, so why not take advantage of that? ;)

GunganSlayer likes this.
  2. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Malin head finishes tonight and they were still filming when I left at around 10pm. Some stuntwork and effects. Watched today for several hours. Please don't ask for any pics etc. Is really impossible and I hope you understand and don't be angry at me. But it was a perfect day for me, despite that it was damn cold up there this evening. :)

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Did you get close enough to see anything?

4. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    yes, but still quite a distance away. I had binoculars.

Dagobah Dragonsnake, issi and RobbyV like this.
  5. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016
    Thanks for whatever you can get! Was it explosions? Or the rain machine stuff?

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

That's why you could not get pictures then. So.........did you see anything interesting????

Jaxxon- likes this.
  7. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    nope, binoculars were allowed there, but no pics. ;)
    It was still quite a distance away and I have no professional equipment, there was a scene with 2 sitting (I thing Mark& Daisy). Later there was a Jetski and some stuff (effects) going on under water (when I got it right). There was a scene late in the evening which looked like a fight, some flashes/effects, but the scenery headed more towards the other side, so not sure if anyone died. [face_worried]

some flashes in something that looked like a fight and on another spot some effects inside of the water.

Baron_Papanerd, gizka, TK327 and 7 others like this.
  8. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

9. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Thanks for this. Though I'm a little confused about the Jetski. was it used to film underwater footage, or was it a part of the footage?

10. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    it was separated from the other ongoing filming. To explain it somehow, right from the Falcon prop you may have seen, there are 2 smalller hills and between them the main filming was taking place, like the sitting scene and later the flashing effects/fight scene.

The other thing was the Jetski which arrived in the evening and which was maybe 200 meters in front of the Falcon in the ocean and right next to the Jetski there was some turmoil in the water. Sorry, cannot explain it better and since I'm not a sfx expert, I have no idea what they did exactly there.

11. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    So Luke spotted, Rey caught on camera any Kylo?

Jaxxon- likes this.
  12. PaperSkin

PaperSkin Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 12, 2015
    Sitting scene..... AH Prequels! Prequels! Rian is turning Star Wars back into the Prequels AHH!

(joke)

13. loststars

Jan 22, 2016
    Maybe the water stuff is how Kylo shows up there underwater or something? But they're just filming the effects part today. The scene info from months ago said there was a talking scene so nice to see it actually be Luke and Rey like we thought

Baron_Papanerd and nightangel like this.
  14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    as I said before all of this was seen from at least still 1000 meters away air distance and next to 2-3 actors always at least 20-25 other tech guys standing around :rolleyes: , so it is easy to get something wrong. But that was it what I saw.

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You're a rock star nightangel! Thanks for whatever you can tell us!

16. thenewhope

thenewhope Jedi Master

Jan 24, 2002
    Thanks so much nightangel, so cool getting info from the set. Any info is invaluable & also fascinating.

HeadingSouth, nightangel and TheBBP like this.
  17. temtam

temtam Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 27, 2016
  18. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Wait, you flew up after all!? Good on you!

Hope the boss was sympathetic. :)

But between your visit to Malin Head and Dubrovnik, you've reached legendary spy status already. I'm embarrassed to ask, but if you can PM me your autograph, I'd appreciate it. ;)

A part of me hopes that this has something to do with a sea creature Luke has a connection to. Perhaps a creature that takes them to the First Jedi Temple...under water? A wild and entirely unfounded bit of speculation, but a year and a half out, we can still dream, can't we?

19. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015
    nightangel likes this.
  20. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Is Rye Rey's evil clone?!:eek:

Can't wait for shots of Kylo and Luke's evil clones AKA Kyle & Duke

21. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    Those kids are adorable, I'd be just the same if not worse. Daisy / Rey could bring grown men to tears [face_laugh]

22. JabbatheHumanBeing

Jul 14, 2015

Yes. And clearly, one is a little girl. And I absolutely love how Rey has captured the imagination of so many young girls out there. The fan base is growing, and that's wonderful.

23. loststars

Jan 22, 2016
    Them saying her name like a revered god or something is the most adorable thing ever. I would do the same thing except probably some expletives to go with it, but it really shows just how important she is to the new kids getting into this fandom.

nightangel, TheBBP, SunStar and 3 others like this.
  24. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    It is nice to see, my niece is having fancy dress day at school to raise some funds for a trip, at least ten have told me they are going as Rey. Its really adorable

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  25. littlepadawan91

littlepadawan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    Rey/Daisy does seem to be wearing her final TFA costume like MSW said, but her hair doesn't look like it's down.

Jaxxon- likes this.