main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Kylo Ren and Rey in VIII and IX (See new guidelines on page 228)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by What Girl, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Anakin felt to the Darkside because of love and Kylo will be redeemed because of love.
    It would make for a great scene if Rey would go against Luke because he will finish off Kylo.

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    So we're just going to ignore EHT? And keep bringing up the Kylo and Rey romance? Guess we'll just have to shut the thread down.

IamZam, Granek, CairnsTony and 13 others like this.
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Please read:

OK, we're opening this thread back up, but with an update:

Going forward, this thread can be used to discuss anything about these two characters in the upcoming movies except for a possible romance. For that topic (Reylo), you have to use the existing Reylo fan club thread in the SWC forum (Here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/reylo-fanclub.50038935/ ).

So to summarize: Rey and Kylo Ren discussions are OK here, but NOT for Rey and Kylo Ren romance discussions. That falls under Reylo and must go in the above mentioned fan club thread ONLY. Posting about Reylo in this thread is off-topic and will be subject to bans. This is the warning.

Thanks.

ManaByte, IamZam, cjcheri and 9 others like this.
  4. scavenger_scum

scavenger_scum Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2016
    Can I ask why? I see that the Finn/Rey thread discusses romance between them most of the time, but why is it not allowed here? I am new and trying to understand. Maybe make the same rule across the board?

5. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    Okay, let's try this again.

Excluding the possibility that he's present to represent Kylo in a vision or just really wanted to visit some Irish pubs, we know that Adam has been filming in Ireland with Daisy and Mark. This indicates that Kylo follows Rey and Luke to Ahch-To, tracking them somehow. I reckon that this will be a call back to the interrogation from VII, where they make a very clear point of Kylo seeing the island from Rey's dreams. Do we believe that that's the key he uses to find them? It seems the most likely explanation, imo, and I like the idea of Rey and Kylo sharing a mental link of some description. And it could go both ways, with Rey and Kylo potentially using the mental connection to out play the other person (so I can see a scenario where Rey is initially unaware that they're mentally linked, only to become acutely aware of and distressed by said link when Kylo shows up). Thoughts?

6. FrolickingFizzgig

FrolickingFizzgig Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2016
    All "shipping" in the Episodes VIII/IX discussion area should perhaps be relegated to a fanclub of some kind at this point. It has caused too much trouble on this site as it is IMO. Now that Finn and Rey have been confirmed friends who will not be developing into romantic interests by John Boyega himself it would maybe be logical and fair to (as the OP suggested) make this a rule across-the-board. But that's just my input on the matter.

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Because they haven't been "confirmed" as anything yet, sorry.

8. Search Your Feelings

Search Your Feelings Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2016
    Agree, I think it was mentioned that the interrogation will have ramifications in Ep8 and Kylo finding the island could be a part of the ramification. The other could be a Force Bond that started between them. Pablo mentioned that she took Force knowledge from Kylo's mind while in his head and that was why she was able to test mind control on the Stormtrooper.

Dak Oolron and nonesuch like this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Reylo threads were locked because of various ongoing problems in them. The Rey and Finn thread has for the most part avoided such problems so it hasn't needed to be locked. Now let's stay on topic.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Note: Feel free to discuss the topic as explained in my warning post in here on page 2. The scope of what is or is not allowed in this thread is NOT open to discussion.

11. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    nonesuch, Search Your Feelings I agree that this is a pretty plausible scenario as well. In fact,
    I've brought up this possibility myself here before.

nonesuch likes this.
  12. scavenger_scum

May 14, 2016

Yes, it would be only fair to have it as a rule across all the boards, no? Finn and Rey have been confirmed as friends but they get to talk endlessly about romance, but we can't speculate? I am honestly at a loss, just wondering why the favoritism towards Finn/Rey. I looked up a previous Kylo Ren/Rey thread and it seems to have been the most popular topic in the history of this forum in just the few months it was allowed to be discussed! That's crazy (and awesome)!

There is certainly more to discuss aside from romance. I am interested in the possible force bond between them, as Rey was said to have acquired her skills through the bond when she was fighting Kylo Ren. I can't wait to see that explored more in VIII.

13. scavenger_scum

May 14, 2016
    Mod edit: Removed - off-topic

Ann Louise likes this.
  14. Ann Louise

Ann Louise Jedi Master star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    Mod edit: Removed - off-topic

scavenger_scum likes this.
  15. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    This thread is going to get locked again for sure, I can just tell.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK, let's try this. Anyone want to be banned? Go against this warning:

17. loststars

loststars Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2016

It may be because of attitude such as this. Also, Finn and Rey are friends. It's well documented as such and even when some don't wish for them to go romantic, it doesn't devolve in that thread as name calling, reporting post that disagree with your opinion and the other issues that happened when the Reylo thread was open.

18. Crackers_McFlurry

Crackers_McFlurry Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2016
    John Boyega said they were just friends.

19. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    It's like people can't talk about Rey and Kylo without talking about romance, lol. This thread is going to get locked again real fast.

thejeditraitor and Ann Louise like this.
  20. Search Your Feelings

Search Your Feelings Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2016
    If the Force Bond exists and they can learn from each other even at far distances, I wonder if Rey will be able to pull all the new Force powers Kylo is learning from Snoke while he trains?

I do remember some rumour long ago that Kylo will learn a force power that is really powerful that no one has ever seen before in the SW universe.
    I wonder what that could be if true, and it would be funny if Rey learns it as well. They could be at such a stalemate if they next meet in a duel. Kylo and Rey, opposing forces, Dark and Light. Maybe they will represent the Force in a grander scale, how light and dark are constantly fighting but are one and the same and can't defeat the other (as people have pointed out the Yin Yang theory). The only way to resolve this eternal struggle is to embrace both Light and Dark and follow the Grey path.

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    As far as the island, my guess is that Kylo tortures someone in the Resistance for full map info and then goes to the island and harassed Rey and Luke.

IamZam and SunStar like this.
  22. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

I'm actually wondering if he doesn't remember it from Rey's mind during training, if they get it when they almost kill Leia when they attack her ship.

23. scavenger_scum

May 14, 2016
    Oh, the irony that it will be locked because we have the audacity to complain about being discriminated against for not even being able to discuss romance in a thread about a a couple who have more of a possibility of a romance than Finn/Rey who are confirmed as not romantic and are allowed to be discussed romantically as much as users please. I looked at the previous Kylo/Rey threads full of supposed troublemakers and there is nothing in there that is any different from the Finn/Rey threads. Nothing. This is such blatant personal bias from the mods, it's laughable. Ban me, please since I don't know how to remove myself from this ridiculous forum.

24. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I find the idea that they essentially "traded info" during that interrogation scene without even realizing it to be far more interesting myself.

25. loststars

Jan 22, 2016

You stop posting. That's how you "remove yourself" from any website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.