main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The One Canon - the Legends Defence Force - From Endor to Jakku - Legends friendly timeline is up!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 20, 2015.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The One Canon - the Legends Defence Force, bastion of the EUC

Welcome to the LDF, compatriot. We know your story well, for it is our own, but let us tell it a different way.

Yes, our story starts with a betrayal, the loss of the legends we considered truth, the revelation that what was once canon was now apocrypha, but it does not meander into a war of vengeance, an ugly tirade against a decision, which isolates us from the future, but fortifications, as the new histories are uncovered and reveal not a complete renewal but ramparts constructed upon what we know, with vagaries sufficient to allow for harmonious entreaties between old and new, known and unknown.

This is the One Canon, dedicated to giving birth to a Unified Continuity.

The belief that, with enough optimism, enough ingenuity, that what has gone by can be renewed, interwoven with the new to form a creation stronger than the sum of its parts.

Let us, the Expanded Universe Community, fill its ranks with our hopes, awakened anew!

Rules of the Thread:

1. This is not a Haters or Bashers Fan Club. Offensive statements about our pool of authors or the new Story Group will not be allowed.

2. This is not a haters group. This is reiterated so understanding is given.

3. The group will have a discussion based format. If a continuity issue arises that can bear discussion, it will be added to the Mission Pool.

4. The One Canon will be subject to the theory that Retroactive Continuity (Retcon, for short), will resolve the issue. Such a retcon can be applied to old and new, as the new canon will undoubtedly have teething problems.

5. Ranks will be given out, forming a military hierarchy determined by the Supreme Commander in due course. Any one interested in an administrative role is welcome to PM me.

6. The group will run games in the RPF on the basis of the One Canon agreed within these walls, and sponsor One Canon friendly fan-fiction in the relative areas of the boards.

Welcome to the LDF, may the Force be with you, always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Long live SW!

spicer and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If anyone wants a sneak peak of my first entry into One Canon, you may look no further than below, spoilers for A Grand Solution, a short entry set in 4.5 ABY.

Lips pursed in musing, the Grand Vizier pushed off his staff to peer down from the height of the tower, his horns touching the transparisteel; he was unable to identify the source of the tumult, in either case, and then absently lamented his late masters preponderance for two of anything in respect of the said battle station, now so much broken debris, six months ago, and continued the train of thought to think to himself that, with matters being what they were, the former title of this building would probably be reclaimed by the Rebels.

Vague but fun, one hopes.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  4. Regan21286

Regan21286 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Long live the true canon.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Apologies Bardan_Jusik and Sinrebirth about creating the other thread. Being new to the Jedi Council and excited at posting my first message, I did not look hard enough to make sure the topic/message I wanted to put across was not already being covered.

Please add my voice as a vote of support to what you are undertaking.

Obviously like yourselves, I, as I'm sure is the case with many other dedicated Star Wars fans, feel that all Star Wars material should fall under the one banner. There shouldn't be differences such as canon and non-canon, the Expanded Universe, etc. For me, everything should simply be known as something like the Star Wars Universe. Regardless of who created the universe and who currently owns the rights, all material that has ever been approved by those who have the authority to approve it (or is in the process of being approved or created) should fit sequentially within a proper timeline without any contradictions. Everyone knows that this story/saga/universe has become much bigger than any one person or company and I strongly feel that respect should be paid to what has already happened and fans should be bestowed that respect in relation to what is to follow. I remember back to the mid-90s when there were some Junior Jedi novels (and some other stuff) produced that contradicted events in some of the main novels and the accepted timeline. From what I remember of the time, there were excuses offered up such as that Star Wars was abit like The Wild West; where although the main events were known, the stories would change depending on whose perspective it was seen from. This grated on me then and still grates with me now. But because there wasn't a lot of it, you kind of accepted it. But I think the complete axing of the entire EU is a different thing altogether.

Where my idea was concerned within what I had written before (regarding the known EU becoming something like the visions of Luke Skywalker in seclusion), I'm certainly not suggesting that this is the only way forward in combining the two currently separate universes. My idea was merely that, just an idea. As a lifelong fan, I feel something like what I had mentioned would be believable enough because none of the events (those within the EU) do not even have had to occur. It allows DISNEY to use what material/characters they want and take the story in the direction they want; whilst allowing the possibility that some of the events of the EU could have actually occurred. As the "force is always in motion", the images Luke can see represent possibilities. And it even opens the door for DISNEY later on to use some of the EU characters because they wouldn't have shut the door and said that the EU never occurred. I can't speak for yourselves or anyone else, but as a lifelong fan, I could accept the combining of the two universes in something this manner. But being some of the modern day masters of creativity, I'm sure DISNEY would be able to come up with their own fantastic and very believable scenario(s) that ensures everyone is happy and the Star Wars universe becomes one.

Hopefully more people can jump on board with what you are doing and lend you their voices and that one day you, we (all of us Star Wars fans), achieve the ultimate success in creating THE ONE CANON.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Welcome to the thread, my friend.

I am putting the final touches to the first of my short stories designed to gel with all continuities, which will reference the first three new post Endor entries - Balance of Power, Shattered Empire and Aftermath.

A Grand Solution shall appear within the fortnight!

I actually think, as an aside, TFA will not especially contradict Legends, but we shall see.

BlueHeron and Regan21286 like this.
  7. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    Here I am.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Well.... besides the whole vong war thing and certain characters, yeah... TFA probably won't contradict Legends too much.

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Actually, the Yuuzhan Vong War is not too difficult to deal with.

A few thoughts:

1. Chewbacca survives Sernpidal. I would refer to how Malachor V had a functioning atmosphere after being broken, under similar situations, and also by a gravity based weapon.

2. Jacen and Jaina are off in the Unknown Regions. Fundamentally Jacen is busy with his travels and Jaina is meeting up with Jagged, which works as well as Mara being off screen for three years of YJK novels.

3. Pellaeon's retirement. We don't actually know when Pellaeon retired as Imperial Head of State. He was definitely not in charge of the Empire by 36 ABY, but we can easily shuffle it even further back.

4. The New Republic is an acceptable reference for the Alliance. This is going to be somewhat necessary I would say.

But fundamentally it is largely off screen and not relevant I would argue.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You know I'm here, this is where my heart lives and sadly due to the new 'legends' title, it died. :( I honestly thought the whole Yuuzhan Vong series could have been condensed into three movies, three that would have been epically brilliant and powerful.

Force Smuggler and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe "Clone madness" is Imperial propaganda to cover up the Order 66 chips?

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Adalia; I still consider that it all happened, but it will require effort to consolidate. The Clone Wars was shuffled around to accommodate the TV show for example. Really the only thing that we will struggle with are births and deaths. The new canon will show the actual departure.

Tech; I have been dwelling on that. I wonder if certain batches have the chips and some have not. Maybe it's a fail-safe only for some.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Bump! Who wants to see a timeline merging it all?

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    *raises hand*

15. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    * Also raises hand *

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Let's start off with Part 1, from Endor to Jakku. The premise being; everything that took place from Endor to the end of X-wing 3: The Krytos Trap, took place not over three years, but one.

Immediately after Endor - Truce at Bakura

Following weeks - Post-Endor issues of Nagai-Tof War until Zeltros, First Battle of Naboo a month after Endor, the Iron Blockade occurs, Operation Cinder hastens the fall of the Empire dramatically (Marvel 100 onwards, the Uprising game, Shattered Empire)

3 months after Endor - Battle of Akiva, Battle of Kashyyyk starts with a smuggler assault (Aftermath 1 and maybe 2)

5 months after Endor - Battle of Saijo of the Nagai-Tof War, Battle of Brentaal, blockade of Chandrila begins (end of Marvel comics, X-wing comics beginning)

Between 5 and 9 months after Endor - the Battles of Hast, Cuitric and the Iceheart coup occur, with this period capped off by the Battle of Tantive crippling Drommel. Warlord Zsinj's profile raises considerably during this time and several lesser warlords are defeated by the New Republic, and the Grand Moff counter-coup begins (X-wing comics end, Glove of Darth Vader series)

10 months after Endor - the Moff coup is ended by the heroes of Yavin, and the fall of Corellia to the Empire occurs after Pitta and Grunger annihilate each other, the arc ending with the Battle of Mindor, shortly before the Battle of Borleias (Misc, X-wing novel 1)

Nearly a year after Endor - Battle of Coruscant, the Imperial fleet marshals elsewhere for an assault from Jakku, the third battle of Naboo takes place (X-wing novel 2, Lost Stars)

A year after Endor - the Battle of Jakku takes place as Coruscant fighting continues, the Krytos Trap is unveiled, while unrepentant Imperials flee to the Unknown Regions and found the First Order when the Galactic Concordance is signed on Coruscant, the fall of which causes much of the Core to abandon the Empire. The Empire of the Hand and Deep Core Warlords do not sign, nor do the other warlord States, pre-eminent among them being the empire of Zsinj, ruling a third of the galaxy. The Imperial capital moves to Orinda. (X-wing 3, Visual Dictionary, Battlefront, likely Aftermath 3)

17. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    =D=

You make that work out so nicely!

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    It is rather tidy isn't it?

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    *jumps up and down* Me, me, meeeeee! [face_dancing] Woot!!!!!!!! Room without a roof! :)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh I would read that in less than a minute! [face_batting] Or if anyones set up a round robin/collaboration. Serious. [face_love] :cool: [face_party]

Bardan_Jusik and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh, very nice wrap up

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    That's part 1! Part 2 is from the Battle of Jakku to the Napkin Bombings.

It is fairly tidy once you realise the war against the old Empire more or less died down once Coruscant falls, but the battle for Coruscant was strictly speaking still on until the end of Krytos Trap finishes.

23. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Oh wow.

That all does work nicely.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Doesn't it just!

It looks even better on my bookcase in this order!

25. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I find it fascinating that you're mixing the canons on your shelves. I can't bring myself to do that.

Sinrebirth likes this.