main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social vs. Thread: Social Thread v9.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ShadowDuelist

ShadowDuelist Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2006
    Anyone else hoping we might get some new life in here when the new movie comes out?

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  2. StevenBills

StevenBills Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2006
    Yes. I remember the hype right before Ep III came out, and things were pretty great around here.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Always fun to visit the Fan films section of the forum - even though it's really quiet here these days.

Been thinking about doing another fan film lately (haven't done one since early 2007). Might not happen, what with real life and all, but it would be incredibly fun!

4. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Where are you guys located? It would seriously be a fan dream to do a duel against you guys, maybe in 2016?

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Thank you :D
    A collaboration would be really fun, but might be difficult to pull off I'm afraid. I'm located in Karlstad, Sweden, so it's not next door (to anything, really).

6. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    [face_party] IMPORTANT NOTE about THE FORCE AWAKENS spoilers [face_party]

a spoiler-free forum. We are coming up on "The Force Awakens" and, just as we did in 2005, we're going to stay a spoiler-free forum until one week after release (December 25 — Merry Christmas!)

I will be posting a _separate_ spoilers-allowed thread a day or two before the release in which you can discuss the film to your heart's content with your Fan Films buddies.

Until then, for a trip down memory lane, here is the thread in 2005 where we talked about Revenge of the Sith. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ad-i-hope-theres-a-duel-in-a-forest.19770716/

Rick McCallum loves you! (Just let him in!)

7. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    Oh, one more thing about The Force Awakens… be sure to stick around for the credits, because I'm told that Brandon Flyte and Ryan Wieber (forum alumni from way back, for our younglings) worked on it!

Rick McCallum loves you!

8. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Really? That's awesome, good for them! :)

9. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    At some point everyone here will be running the industry. Well on the way...

10. lejmar_faldor_uk

lejmar_faldor_uk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 20, 2000
    Aint you the guy who did the film about a kid getting possessed by Natalie Portman??

11. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    I hereby welcome the Social thread into 2016.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  13. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Cool that more countires are included than before this time around, but still impossible for us Swedes :(

14. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Someone needs to make a five-minute silent-film with some Duel of Fates-esque song accompanying essentially a thematic equivalent to the Rebellion vs. The Empire about normal average Joes’ drones vs. Disney/Lucasfilm’s drones replicating camera angles and tones.

That's such an X-Wing vs. TIEs visual for the social commentary.

15. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    I still haven't actually seen that new Darth Maul fan film kickin' around the 'net, but it does my cold heart good to be transported back to a time when a fan film was a really big deal that the whole Intarweb would stop to blog about.

Rick McCallum loves you!

16. Robi-Wan

Robi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2006
    Nice to see this place is still running. Good to see some familiar users too. I'll try to drop by more often.

17. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    wasn't sure where to ask this so -

is there any kind of list of fan made SW films , I'm wondering if there's been any kind of polls , or can anyone recommend me some to watch , 'cos I don't know where to start . btw - I'll be watching them on youtube probably .

18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    boy , this place is quiet .

TCF-1138 likes this.
  19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    There are literally thousands of fan films out there, so you won't be able to find a complete list.
    But a good place to start would be here.
    Apart from that, there's a Facebook group dedicated to Star Wars fan films, and of course, this board. There might be some good playlists on Youtube as well, but I've honestly never checked.

Some classic fan films off the top of my head are Troops, Duality, KnightQuest, A Question of Faith, I.M.P.S, Dark Ressurection, and more that I can't remember right now.

And of course, you can check out the films in my signature ;)

gezvader28 likes this.
  20. Zurita-Films

Zurita-Films Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2006
    Woah. I assumed this forum was shut down years ago since the link to it on theforce.net/fanfilms page is broken. How's everybody doing? Long time no see! Has it picked back up around here since Disney's new movie?

21. StevenBills

Jan 6, 2006
    Nope, not really. Ha.

22. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
  23. AdamBertocci

Feb 3, 2002
    I will never understand why interest in this forum and this hobby didn't pick up after The Force Awakens.

Maybe everyone figured, "well, they've already got a lightsaber duel in the forest, so why do I need to make my own?"

Rick McCallum loves you!

R2-DK likes this.
  24. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    In the back of my mind my fan film and a couple of others are still there. One day I'll get off my butt and actually shoot something. With The Force Awakens it does help with motivation and it's been a while since I've been here. Glad you're still here AdamBertocci. I'll never forget your name and that signature of yours. :D

25. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I actually think it did pick up after TFA. Not to the heights of the prequel days, obviously, but this forum has been more active in the past seven or eight months than it's been in years, and fan films are starting to be brought up in media again (like the Darth Maul one a few months back).

Heck, it took the hype before The Force Awakens to get me back in the fan film game. I was certain I was never going to make another fan film, but with the hype, I actually did. And I'm planning another one in the not-too-distant future :)