main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Sith Empire - Lords of the New Sith Order - Continuing to put the Laughter into Manslaughter!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonspun Dragon

Moonspun Dragon Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2011
    That's better. :p

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    For now. But possibly not terribly longer. High Lord Manticore is seeking an apprentice - show your worthiness and you might catch his eye. greyjedi125

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'd like to invite you folks to the EUC Interview thread where our very own Moonspun Dragon is in the hot seat! [face_mischief]

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Sounds intresting. :)

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Deliveranze

Excellent treatment on the Sith Assassin! I have no doubts you will be worthy of the post in the future. I wish you the very best in College!
    Remember, knowledge IS POWER!!

Darth Traya

In your own words, what makes you worthy to be a sith? What sort of sith do you hope to become?

Moonspun Dragon and Deliveranze like this.
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

Thank you, very much, Lord Manticore :D I look forward to returning :)

7. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Does anyone have any recommendations for SW literature I should read? I'm nearing the end of the list of the books I really wanted to read, and I could use some more summer reading material, lol.

Darth Sophis likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Legends or new canon?

New canon, Lost Stars and Bloodline are the best among those out. Aftermath is also good but some people dislike the first person perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Darth Sophis

Darth Sophis Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Have you read the Darth Bane trilogy? There's of course the Thrawn trilogy... As well as Outbound Flight, Cloak of Deception, Labyrinth of Evil... Lots of intrigue there. These are some favourites of mine.

I've enjoyed Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, as it mostly deals with a few fools trying to escape a Sith through Coruscant's perilous, rotten underbelly. Some Palpatine/Trade Federation intrigue there.

You could try Lost Tribe of the Sith, if lost tribes of Sith are your thing..

There are the RPG rulebooks, which are excellent reads in their own right, anything from Dark Empire Sourcebook to Unknown Regions - all of them, really.

I almost forgot, a recent read of mine was Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, a 10/10 in my book..haha. Doesn't deal with Sith, but with the genius of a certain Rhand adherent. Quite dark, lots of death, end of the universe/black hole allegories and mind control. Plus set at a time when Luke wasn't very OP yet.

I found Tarkin to be worth reading; the parallels of his upbringing and philosophy to those of the Sith are most interesting. It explains very well his future policies and actions.

There are of course hundreds more things to read, but these are some leads I myself found very rewarding to pursue. I recall you have already read Darth Plagueis and RotS, yes? Great books indeed.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Very amusing.

*grins*

I've distilled things down to two options. But one ends up leaning on a bifurcating timeline to rectify Han's death and one doesn't have a real solution save for ignoring it!

Shrug. On the basis that Jakku 'ends' the war, save for flare ups, Krytos Trap takes place just before, Ben is born at the end of 4 ABY, Jaina and Jacen are born in 5 ABY, and Anakin in 6 ABY, and everything moves on from there.

Shorthand...

Timeline 1

25 ABY - Vong War ends
    28 ABY - Napkin Bombings
    34 ABY - The Force Awakens
    35 ABY - Dark Nest Crisis
    36 ABY - Swarm War - one month at the start
    40 ABY - Civil War II starts halfway through the year, after three months of Centrist and Populist tension
    41 ABY - Civil War II ends one month in
    43 ABY - Year of the Apocalypse
    44 ABY - Crucible

Logic being that everything takes place 4 years early until NJO ends...

Timeline 2

25 ABY - Vong War ends
    28 ABY - Napkin Bombings
    30 ABY - Dark Nest Crisis
    31 ABY - Swarm War - one month at the start
    32 ABY - Civil War II starts halfway through the year, after three months of Centrist and Populist tension
    33 ABY - Civil War II ends one month in
    34 ABY - The Force Awakens
    35 ABY - Year of the Apocalypse
    36 ABY - Crucible

Logic being here that everything takes place 4 years earlier, but also seized upon the fact that LotF has (originally erroneous) references to taking place in 37 and not 40 ABY, but it gets the four year tool-up and moves forward again... But then that puts FotJ after TFA and Han is not dead... But Abeloth's escape invokes a bend in time so...

11. Darth Sophis

Apr 5, 2016
    Impressive work, unfinished or not. I suppose one has to be flexible with the dates, as taking years rigidly would make it impossible? Future developments are going to make this more and more difficult, I suspect. You have your work cut out for you! As do I... *writes Sithly assignment*

12. corinthia

corinthia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    I read Aftermath and enjoyed it much more than I expected! I'd like to read Bloodline, but I'm going to wait for it to come out in paperback, because I'm a dirty rotten book abuser, dog ear-er, and underliner, and I'm not worthy of hardback books.

I have the third book of the Bane trilogy on my shelf (not sure why I bought the last one, when I haven't read the first two)! I just finished Outbound Flight... it was okay. A lot of sitting around and talking, and a bit of an abrupt/odd ending. But I really enjoyed Thrawn's character so I'll probably read the Thrawn trilogy over the summer. I've read Cloak and Labyrinth, and I'm in the middle of Lost Tribe of the Sith, lol.

I picked up Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter the other day at a second hand store and thought really hard about getting it (it was only 49 cents!), but then, for some stupid reason, put it back. I'll have to go back for it. And Tarkin is most certainly on my reading list; I'd like to take it on my trip with me.

13. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    4 children in three years? Poor Leia and Winter. [face_worried]

Timeline 2 looks plausible.

Darth Sophis and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I *like* timeline 2, but we don't know when Luke went missing. If he's working with Jaina to beat Caedus a year before TFA it's a bit complicated

Han definitely lost the Falcon more than half a decade before TFA as well... So he has to be running around with an ersatz Falcon...

Timeline 1 is safer, but not when Episode 8 hits!

EDIT: And yup, four children in three years. I like the idea that Ben was isolated from the others to protect them all and it backfired.

15. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thats intresting, still I would prefer a timeline in wich Jacen dosen't dies. :(

16. Darth Sophis

Apr 5, 2016
    Hehe, I've been guarding my Darth Plagueis hardback like my own eye. Bonus for it having been bought in 2012, before the golden Legends stamp was upon it. Making notes in books does have benefits though; just look at what Sidious did with Book of Sith and Jedi Path! He'd say you were on the right track.

I see you've read most of my list too, huh? Magnificent. I'm reading the TFA novelisation now, amid other things. I've found it to be simplistic, though I am enjoying the Hux/Ren rivalry, and there's somewhat more meat on the bones there than the movie had.

You should like Shadow Hunter then. There isn't much sitting around! :D

corinthia and Sinrebirth like this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    As would I, but being as I find it pretty unlikely that post-Endor Legends will be continued, or referenced, Jacen being gone is sadly going to stick.

Anything pre-Endor could be referenced and reappear, and I expect a chunk of it will... But the children and grandchildren, less of a chance. I simply take solace that the end of story - the Legacy comics, had a happy ending.

18. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I know, at least his spirit seems to be redemed in FoT.
    May you rest in peace, Jacen Solo.

19. Darth Sophis

Apr 5, 2016
    Redemption? Rest in peace? Anathema! :p

Sinrebirth and panta1978 like this.
  20. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    That's really great! And what a fantastic anchorwoman we have!!!

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thank you, apprentice! Maybe you should get on the list? ;)

Moonspun Dragon likes this.
  22. panta1978

panta1978 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 20, 2016
    Yeah, why not, it would be funny...

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

23. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    I'm confused. Are Jacen and Jaina and Anakin still the Solo's kids? Or is Ben the only one in Timeline 2?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    In Timeline 1 and 2 of One Canon, Han and Leia have four children - Ben, Jacen, Jaina and Anakin. Luke and Mara have Ben Skywalker as well, which can't be helped.

Dagobahsystem and Darth Sophis like this.
  25. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Ooook. So they did put the "original kids" together with Ben...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.