main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Unintentionally Funny Scenes in the Saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by TheMoldyCrow, Jun 21, 2016.

1. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Most films have unintentionally hilarious moments, and the Star Wars series is no different. So, what are the moments that aren't supposed to make you laugh, but do?

That scene for me would be the Mace vs. Palpatine fight in ROTS. The faces Ian makes during the fight never fail to make me laugh.

2. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    That one is my choice too, for the dialogue at the end.

"The o-PRESSION of the sith will NEVER return! YOU, have lost!"
    "He is the traitor-ahhh!"

Anakin's "I wish I could just, wish away my feelings" from Attack of the Clones is an admirable runner-up.

3. Lukers

Lukers Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

It's hysterical but I absolutely love it.

4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

Wasn't he a wee bit to tall for a stormtrooper? [face_laugh]

5. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    "Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise." LOL good one Obi-Wan.

6. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Luke's legendary whinging about Toshi and power generators probably gets my vote here.

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    "You can't win Darth" or "only a master of evil Darth" sound pretty funny. Of course at the time this was Vaders original name but now it sounds really odd.

astinus4, Padema, oncafar and 4 others like this.
  8. AllyoftheForce

AllyoftheForce Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2016
    Darth Vader's "WAT?!" when Han Solo shows up during the trench run in ANH is funny to me.

And, of course, there's this infamous scene that everyone knows by now:

9. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    When Jar Jar is going to be executed for returning to Ottah Gungah in TPM I find it bitingly apathetic of Obi-Wan to interrupt Qui-Gon's attempt to save Jar Jar's life with "Master, we're short on time."

Lol ouch.

10. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    True Sith wrote

"Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise." LOL good one Obi-Wan.

???

Clever move of George Lucas to (a) use a character of authority to make a (correct) statement, (b) to made the audience later wonder about that statement, (c) to ultimately reveal that the Death Star stormtroopers must have received orders to shoot but to miss, (d) so that Leia and company could escape and lead the Death Star to the hidden Rebel base on Yavin IV. ;)

BMO likes this.
  11. Homergreg

Homergreg Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    I find this entire scene pretty hilarious, always have:

12. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015

I think so too! For me it's the funniest scene of the entire saga! [face_rofl]

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    "He's jealous, he's holding me back!" cracks me up. I find it so amusing (you can tell by the sheer number of times I've referenced it on this site), it's actually one of my favorite lines from the PT now.

As a kid, the scene in ANH where the TIE pilot yells "look out!", before he seemingly intentionally swerves into Vader for no reason. That cracked me up as a kid. "Look out, I'm going to intentionally wreck you!"

I remember now that that was a joke between my brother and I. Go carts or bumper cars? Look out! *swerves and crashes on purpose*

I'd do it in video games, too. "Look out!" *intentionally crashes into brother, taking both out of the race for no reason other than lulz*

I'd even do it on my feet. I'd yell "look out!" and then just run into him.

Good times.

14. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
  15. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    "TWO FIGHTERS AGAINST A STAR DE-STROYER."
    "Good. Our first catch, of the day."

When Luke asks Ben how his father died, Ben's face cracks me up. 'That's a loaded question kid.'

16. Yu Han

Yu Han Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2016
    The tense and emotional fight between Luke and Vader in ESB is interrupted by the unintentionally hilarious "oomph" of Vader as Luke kicks him off of a platform, I believe. My dad and I had to pause the movie, we we laughing so hard.

Also, just after Obi-Wan tells Anakin he has the high ground in RotS, his line of "Don't try it!" always struck me as amusing. Like, I know it's supposed to emphasize Anakin's arrogance and recklessness, but it looks like an exasperated Obi-Wan's trying to hopelessly talk a toddler out of doing something stupid. He knows the kid's gonna do it anyways.

17. Danifae

Danifae Jedi Master star 1

Aug 23, 2004
    It's been a while since I've watched the PT/OT, but the biggest howlers for me are the wooden romantic scenes and soul-to-soul talks between Anakin and Padme in the PT. Hated those moments so much. :p

18. Onli-Wan Kannoli

Onli-Wan Kannoli Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2016
    Leia picking the Ewok up off of the tree trunk. I dunno, it's just kind of cute and endearing.

Also Vader saying, "...sister!" in RotJ.

19. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Vader getting kicked by Luke down the stairs in ROTJ just makes me laugh. The AGH! sound plus the awkward way it looks to me when he's falling makes it funny.

20. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Nute Gunray "Take him away" scene in TPM

Jocasta Nu's "If an item does not appear in our records, it does not exist" scene in AoTC.

21. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    Lol he does the same thing when kicked in TESB. And here's the ROTJ "agh" for comparison. Someone should compile these awkward Vader sounds together into some kind of hardcore remixed beat.

22. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I love how intentionally slimy Nute is with that delivery. Almost like he feels like a king. :p

Also Jocasta always came off as hilariously rude to Obi-Wan :p Like "Boo hoo, you can't find a planet." [face_laugh]

23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    [face_laugh] Oh true. Also when Luke hits Vader's shoulder in ESB :p I would totally love a beat made from that :p

darskpine10 and theMaestro like this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It would be like the Obi-Wan grunting video! :D

25. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I keep holding out for seeing a behind the scenes thing for TPM where we actually hear Ewan making the lightsaber sounds on his own