main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is your favorite villain in the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by AstroDroid88, Feb 14, 2016.

1. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Hey EU community, who is your favorite villain in the Expanded Universe? I would like to hear your feedback. I'd like to know who you think should be the most feared of all of them. Comment below :)

2. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would say mine is either Lumiya or Onimi.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Yuuzhan Vong.

Alpha-Red, Sanguinius and xezene like this.
  4. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    I would probably have to say Grand Admiral Thrawn. Upon first reading through the Thawn trilogy, I didn't think much of him. Just thought he was an evil dude that needed to be defeated to help save the galaxy from the resurgence of the Empire. After just finishing re-reading it for the second time, I have a lot more respect for Thrawn. He was a genius and deadly villain in the EU. I have not yet read the Thrawn duology so I am eager to get my hands on those. Even if Thrown's death was "so artistically done", I think he should have survived and come back to knock a blow to the New Republic. That's why I'm eager to read Vision of the Past and Specter of the Future :D

xezene likes this.
  5. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    VOTP and SOTF are both fantastic!

6. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    Darth Bane and Darth Caedus are big favorites of mine. The EU seems to do better at creating new, interesting villains than heroes.

Jhawk117 likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  8. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    My favorite villains were the darksiders serving Palpatine, such as Blackhole, Sedriss and Jerec.

9. Darth Aphrodite

Darth Aphrodite Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Thrawn! :) there is no better a villain what with his ice cool confident demeanour all while being kind of sexy dispite being blue like a smurf :)

JohnLydiaParker likes this.
  10. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    While there are a GREAT many, I'd have to go with Thrawn as well. It was such an interesting change to see a figure that resembled someone like Robert E. Lee, Hannibal, or Sun Tzu (all military geniuses) as an antagonist in the Star Wars universe.

JohnLydiaParker likes this.
  11. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    Darth Krayt is a pretty darn intimidating villain. Also Darth Nihilus.

Darth Vahvistaa likes this.
  12. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    For me either Palpatine or Plagueis. I don't really see Thrawn as a villan.

Chancellor Yoda and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

His reputation was somewhat sanitized, or justified post-TTT. When we first saw him, he was a ruthless Imperial, who, like Vader, was willing to execute one of his own crew, although he had a "justification." Maybe he wasn't willing to use superweapons, ala a Death Star, but he was willing to show a Noghri leader he was willing to destroy her village if necessary, even if he only ordered an assault on the nearby landscape and not the village itself.

14. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    You are right but I read Outbound Flight before the trilogy and already knew from a friend that the Far Outsiders would pracicaly destroy half of the galaxy and that Thrawn was trying to stop them. So its a bit different in my case. For me Thrawn will be always an (Anti) Hero.
    Yeah he was whitewashed but other characters where two, especially Mara Jade.

PCCViking likes this.
  15. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Darth Nihilus. I think he's one of the more unique Sith Lords in both Legends and canon. From visual design, to his abilities and the mystery surrounding him, I think he's one of the scariest villains Star Wars has ever offered.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Kreia, Naga Sadow, Marka Ragnos, Exar Kun, Freedon Nadd, Queen Amanoa, King Ommin, Nihilus, Sion

Chancellor Yoda and spicer like this.
  17. Obi Wan Kenoob

Obi Wan Kenoob Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2016
  18. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Palpatine, Vitiate, Darth Krayt I'd say

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's a joint tie between Traya, Vitiate, Sidious, Lumiya, Caedus, Abeloth and Krayt.

I literally cannot decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  20. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Tough one. I'll go for Thrawn since he was a very formidable opponent, and more importantly, very original. Pure intellect and an appreciation of art as the main weapon really are a breath of fresh air when compared to endless waves of evil wizard trope Sith lords. ;)

However, the Sith are not without appeal. And among them Kreia / Darth Traya still brings shivers during her monologues every time I replay KOTOR 2. Darth Krayt was also an excellent adversary character.

21. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I love Thrawn and Bane, but maybe that's too easy a choice for the former, and the latter was the star of his own books, making him technically a protagonist. Still, Bane would be tops for me, followed by Thrawn. After those two it becomes harder to pick out a distinctive villain I just loved that came from the EU. Asajj Ventress stands out! So let's go with her.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  22. BillyDgenious

BillyDgenious Jedi Padawan

Oct 17, 2014
    i think id have to choose Asajj Ventress too

23. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Any Sith During the Rule of Two era.

Plus Darth Ruin, don't know why but despite the lack of information on him he fascinates me.

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Marka Ragnos. Masterminds the events that led to the Great Sith War, Jedi Civil War, and the Dark Wars.

Amon_Amarth and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    That's a good point. Marka Ragnos' villainy was certainly very productive. :p

darklordoftech likes this.