main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming SW Card Trader

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darthmaul208, Jul 13, 2015.

1. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Fan's Choice is back! But you have to pay 15000 per vote and... You only get the card if you pick the winner, so it looks like you have to spend 45k to get what was a free card.. also Week 1 are some pretty interesting choices.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I like the new Fan's Choice system personally, with the original way I usually spent about that much to bet one card, now I get 4.

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't like it, I won't vote.

There's just nothing to collect, I've got about 350k saved up.

The Teal Chases have suddenly stopped but they haven't finished the set yet.

The Expansion cards I guess are okay but 15000 for 7 cards is just ridiculous. And without an insert? Yeah, I'll pass.

4. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah I ended up just buying them all I guess buying inserts for 15K outright isn't so bad since it's guaranteed. Another positive note is you get 24 hours to buy them and don't have to show up and vote at some random time on Tuesday morning.

cubman987 likes this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah the last few FC I never got the notification and missed voting....hated having to keep checking for when it waz gonna drop for the non-voters.

6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @Dark Lord Tarkas
    Mods, locked your thread but there is indeed a thread. Just post whatever. I started it but there isn't that many people here apparently who play it so it's a small group.

(Coincidentally the thread has it's first year anniversary in two days!)

7. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I missed out on the first tk helmet series last year but picked up a few tonight. I like being able to pull from the full 45 card set at 1 in 5 odds, you'll have inserts in no time. Hopefully they'll keep having this set keep popping up for a few weeks at least.

One a different note, these packs have the new series 3 expansion cards. While I appreciate all the Clone Wars characters, it seems they are getting pretty obscure with this set including 2 different rathtar cards.

8. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm having a little trouble buying credits. Is there something I don't know about? I click on the one I'd like to buy and it just cycles endlessly. The purchase doesn't go through. I kinda wanted to work on completing the new Artist series, since there's only 11 hours left until its gone. I'm guessing this isn't something I'll be able to trade to complete. I haven't done any trading, since some of the things I've been interested in aren't tradeable.

9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I hate the Ahsoka set. Dave has produced some great artwork but to get it through this odds and level system is insanely cruel. Especially since this is the only place we can find them- Wish we could have got them in real life or a set.

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Uninstall, reinstall. It happens some times with this app. Clear cache before opening.

11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Hey, I don't really post as much here as I should.

There currently is a free pack in respect of the Death of Kenny Baker. It has three cards- a teal R2 77' card, a Making of Monday card and a possible white, blue, red, green R2 card.

Recently I've found myself just buying Signature packs. I actually managed to get an original Daisy Ridley card.

Anyone help out with a card I need? I've collected the majority of the Ahsoka cards, gradually. I need one more, Number 9 or 10. I'm not sure. It's the Circle one with the animals.

12. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah I'm missing just one or two of those Ahsoka cards too, they're cool. I lucked out in pulling a Daisy autograph this weekend and they threw in a red version for free. :)

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Hey, remind me again, what username you use on the app.

I have alot of people I've added but struggle to remember who is who and why I added them!

14. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
  15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm pretty much only getting the Fans Choice cards and saving credits at this point.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  16. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Same here. I did pick up the Star Tours Rex though as there haven't really been any cards from the ride. Watched a video yesterday to get the free..comic.

17. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @DieWompRatDie @he-guy @cubman987

I had a great time at Celebration and they gave out free "Force Attax" cards. They also included a code to get a free pack.
    You can redeem the code here:

http://www.toppsapps.com/swcardtrader/promo

Enter your Fan name and the code it
    SWCTLONDON

I got a free Blue Base Expansion pack so that's pretty good.

I also encountered another one.

The code is:
    SDCC2016

my kind of scum and cubman987 like this.
  18. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Sweet, promo codes still worked! Thanks!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Thanks!

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  20. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Another promo code: swctchrome2016

cubman987 likes this.
  21. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    Looks like they are retiring the Base Three and Series 1 TFA cards, apparently they end the 18th. I am no where near finishing these so we'll have to trade to complete them.
    Doesn't feel like yesterday since these arrived!

22. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Yeah, it seems fast to be retiring this set. I was able to get all the white laserburst and most of the blue. Plenty of base still to trade, send offers to heguyontheboard : )

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Base Series 4 has arrived! Well, sort of, teal versions of 20 cards from it anyways. Some interesting character choices reveled so far from the OT.

24. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

Gonk!

25. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I made this comment on another SW site and thought I'd decide to put it here as well.

It's slowly been going downhill to barely playable now.
    Originally there were plenty of good sets at decent prices and odds. This slowly went up with the third Base and now with the fourth base it's gone to an insane level compared to the past.
    The sets have also progressively got worse and so there isn't anything worth collecting.
    I've managed to save up just under 2 million credits so far.

Topps are not a good company and in the time I've been playing nearly every week there has been some sort of mess up from there. They frequently give mis direction and blame the players when there instructions are not clear. If you want any sort of regularity to the release of cards then you should play a different game- Topps release cards whenever they feel like it. Also their management of sets is nothing but appalling, some packs have sat in the store since Spring and haven't changed. Topps also likes to leave sets in that have no chance of getting an insert because they have sold out- that's immoral. In addition to that several times they have just forgot about a set and so they have just left it with no indication of when it will return.
    On some occasions they also forget to even put the inserts into packs so for the first few hours (12 hours once!) no one pulled anything, once they also left out a certain card-a Teal Anakin so he became insanely rare due to Topps messing it up. Topps sometimes apologise for these times but that is very rare.

Topps frequently change the rules of collecting a set half way through and sometimes if you are lucky daily!. The Series 3 gold chases started off with needing to meld 100 Eeth Koths and everyday it got progressively worse- 200, 500 and so on.

I've had good fun on the app but I've also been really frustrated at just how bad Topps runs this app. Ask any player (not new players) and they should be able to recall times when Topps have screwed up. If not they are either ignorant or lying because it happens with such regularity it's almost expected.

One of my favourite times was last years Halloween chase, to collect 10 cards. I had good fun collecting them and trading for them before the deadline. The Ahsoka set as well and the Teal sets (that was then stopped and Topps decided to increase the price.) The games main aspect should be trading right? Wrong Frequent sets are non tradable and many regard them as dead sets.
    The Players themselves are often a problem with many of them being greedy and selfish. A lot of them in chases will expect more than they give because in their eyes "you need the card, I'm doing you a favour". If you call them out of it they will sometimes respond and haven't a slightest regret with what they do. Many people agree with me about this and in some chases there were guys who did fair deals and had tonnes of stock everyday.

Trading itself is broken and the "ecosystem" isn't very clean. By that I mean there are people playing who will pick up inserts and then ask for cards from one of Topps's other apps (The Walking Dead, Kick, Bunt etc.) This hurts the SW ecosystem because now that insert is out of circulation and dependant on someone having inserts in another game to trade for that one. Topps have never commented on this and to my knowledge haven't ever banned anyone and mostly let it go by despite it being against the TOS.

If you enjoy playing then fair enough but playing now for over a year has shown up that you just can't trust Topps or the instructions they give and I have completely lost my enthusiasm to play because of rising prices and crappy sets. The game isn't fun anymore.

*I haven't actually been buying any packs for a few months now and I just really don't care. I have just under 2 million saved up.

I guess if you want something badly just message me and I'll see if I can get it for you.

he-guy likes this.