main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions What is the one thing that you are most glad is no longer canon?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by beedubaya, Nov 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    NotaKlutz, please use the edit feature to avoid double posting.

2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Mas Amedda not knowing that Palpatine = Sidious in TPM. Sidious tells the Trade Federation that he "has the Senate bogged down in procedure," and Mas Amedda does exactly that. The implication is that Amedda is bogging Valorum down in procedure in order to turn Amidala against Valorum.

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    • TFU
    • The crazy OP made up force powers in the old canon.
    • Super Weapons that rival the death star every other week
    • Sith post episode VI
    • A new Sith war/ Great Schism every other week
    • Dozens of "Dark Jedi" Sithinallbutname
    • Those works that treat the Jedi as if they are no better than Sith
    • Palpatine's clones.
    • Resurrecting every character who the audience didn't want to die, or die that way (Boba Fett, Maul, etc.)
    • The clustered mess of retcon after retcon trying to shoehorn thirty or forty year old stuff that was contradicted a thousand times, over back into canon when it makes no sense whatsoever. Say what you will about the Old EU but the contradictions were everywhere and this is one of the primary reasons I very much liked the reboot.
    Though sadly some of these things are starting to be reintegrated into the new canon, or were never taken out of canon, and that is unfortunate. But in many cases I still prefer the new canon to the old (With a few exceptions here and there.)

4. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    I thought I knew what my answer was going to be, but then I saw someone else mention the Killiks... and YEP. God I hated that stuff. It wasn't that the books were badly written, it was just the CONTENT of them, and the dumb tics and characters clicking and rubbing their arms and all the... nope. So yeah, I was going to say "everything KJA wrote" but now all I can say is the Killik War Trilogy.

5. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015
    Side note: I still want that damn Sword of the Jedi trilogy. I feel like they should still make new Legends titles, and just give us the satisfying ending to that timeline that we never got, because Crucible and Millennium Falcon were atrociously poorly plotted books.

6. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Honestly, the only thing I'm glad is gone is every central action including LukeMaraHanLeia. The four of them were always in the mix. Delegate, people! You're 60, 70 years old! Take your walker and go sit on the couch. The younglings can handle it all now.

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The Force Unleashed is by far the one thing that I hate the most about any part of the Star Wars lore, both canon and non-canon. I'm glad it's gone. Ironically, my favorite part of the Star Wars universe (Emperor's Shadow Guards) comes from the Force Unleashed, so I hope they get brought back into canon. Maybe have them make an appearance in Star Wars: Rebels (which IMO is done very well and executed much better than The Clone Wars predecessor to it. Likely because they have more freedom with the characters being that the main cast are of their own creations instead of movie characters that they have to follow strict rules with).

That's still canon. Check the articles for both on wookieepedia, under the canon tab for each.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Star_II

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Canon tab for DS1:

Width 120 kilometers

Canon tab for DS2

Width 160 kilometers

Those are in the newcanon book Ultimate Star Wars and replace the 160km and 900km figures.

9. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Oh, I thought you were saying that they were the same size.

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Ahh... One more thing. Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Someone on here a few years back actually defended that POS. Said "there is absolutely nothing that is a contradiction in any of the timeline." I admire him. He stuck to his argument. I still think that thing was trash, though.

11. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Most of the post-NJO novels, with the exception of Crosscurrent, Riptide and Millennium Falcon.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Dawn of the Jedi
    New Jedi Order and most that followed it

13. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    The only reason i see why they won't is because of Rey.If they make the Sword of the Jedi then it takes away how special she is.....at lest thats how some may see it.Rey is the new face of star wars and Jaina is the old.....sad really.

seventhbeacon likes this.
  14. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    The Vong. Glad there gone.

DARTHLARS and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  15. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Person I'm speaking with: OH MUH GAWD! It's about time we had a female protagonist in the Star Wars universe.

Me: Well, that's actually not true. There's been Nomi Sunrider, Jaina Solo, Mara Jade in her own respective comic series and spin-off novels (By the Emperor's Hand and Choices of One), Kerra Holt, Ania Solo, etc. That being said, even if they weren't protagonists, there were still plenty of female characters that were very well-developed and valuable additions to the stories they're a part of. :)

Person I'm speaking too: Ugh, please. Those don't count because they're in a book!

Me:
    [​IMG]

16. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

I feel your pain!

17. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I feel the pain too. That hairdo is bad!

18. Lara Solo

Lara Solo Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2016
    Is jar jar still cannon ? Lol

19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "Despayre". It's worse than "Savage Opress".

EECHUUTA and Darth Dnej like this.
  20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I don't think I've ever seen him firing munitions so no, he never was.

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

21. Lara Solo

Lara Solo Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2016
    Hehehe best place for him in a cannon :)

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  22. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Top 5 favorite EU things.

1)New Jedi Order series- yuuzhies are a different kind of villain and I really liked them,believe it or not.
    2)Force Unleashed (not 2 just 1)
    3) Legacy comix
    4) Normal SWTOR(including comics)
    5) KOTOR(including comics)

Least favorite EU things.

1) Fate of the Jedi series (uggh abeloth really)
    2) Mortis arc of TCW(I know it's canon but whatever)
    3) Holiday Special
    4)Ewoks comics-I like ewoks as a species but not the comics....
    5)Waru - wtf happened

SithOverlord101 likes this.
  23. Lara Solo

Lara Solo Jedi Knight

Nov 8, 2016
    I'd agree it was good the yuuzhies were a different kind of villian, my biggest beef with TFA is the first order is just more of the same Imp badguys, I'm a fangirl that likes when the status quo gets shaken up like a James Bond martini :)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  24. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    [QUOTE"I'd agree it was good the yuuzhies were a different kind of villian, my biggest beef with TFA is the first order is just more of the same Imp badguys, I'm a fangirl that likes when the status quo gets shaken up like a James Bond martini :)"][/QUOTE]

Same.

25. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    All the super weapons that made the Death Star seem like a Nerf gun in comparison to them.

Ewok Poet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.