main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Prequel Trilogy MUSIC

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth Downunder, Sep 7, 2015.

1. The_God_Anubis

The_God_Anubis Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2015
    I really like the OT soundtracks, but the PT is even better IMO. They have some very epic music!

TPM
    - Duel of the Fates: no comment needed. It speaks for itself. :)
    - Anakin's Theme: music with such innocence ...
    - The Sith Spacecraft: menacing!
    - The Flag Parade: builts up the excitement for the podrace.
    - The Droid Invasion: very good march and almost as good as the Imperial March.
    - The Appearance of Darth Maul: such a dark tone with the haunting voices.
    - Qui-Gon's Noble End: I really like the music fallen down at the middle with the menacing voices and then the climax where he dies!
    - Qui-Gon's Funeral: sad, but beautiful.

AotC
    - Across the Stars: for me this is filled with so much emotion and portrays beautifully the difficult love story.
    - Yoda and the Younglings: playful and magical!
    - The Tusken Camp: I like the beginning, builts up very nicely.
    - The Homestead: I like the dark tones here. It really says that darks things are happening.
    - Love pledge and the Arena: love this track because I can picture every little detail from the film with it.
    - Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale: another great track. The haunting tones when Dooku reaches Coruscant, the Imperial March in full glory and then the love theme. Great end!

RotS
    - Battle of the Heroes: I liked it less than Duel of the Fates, but still wow.
    - Anakin's Betrayel: tears in my eyes every time ...
    - Palpatine's Teachings: fantastic dark music for a great scene.
    - Padmé's Ruminations: emotionally filled, perfect with the scene!
    - Anakin's Dark Deeds: dark indeed!
    - Grievous speaks to Lord Sidious: adore the triumphant beginning with the high voices!

I think the soundtrack of RotS is the best of the three, although the other two are great also!

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Why wasn't this track on the OST? It makes me water up every time:

3. The_God_Anubis

The_God_Anubis Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2015

Where is that track from?

4. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I don't actually know. It might be from a video game, but that seems unlikely considering the nature of the track.

5. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I finally found it! After all these years! And in such high quality, nary a sound effect:

6. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    One of my favorites. I've always liked this one because it gives you that feeling there's something else going on than more than meets the eye.....

Subtext Mining likes this.
  7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Can't decide if this is awesome or awful. Leaning towards the former...

8. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    In a different mood I like March to the Jedi temple (ROTS) and Across the stars . And the third one should be the Duel. But generally is hard to choose.. Even the PT bashers admit that the music is exceptional per se, so yes, is hard to choose.

9. Negotiator1138

Negotiator1138 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 23, 2016
    I'm not positive about this, but I don't think there was even a little bit of the prequel music in TFA. I have listened through the whole soundtrack just once, but I've watched the movie about 8 times now, and I don't recall any.

I thought this was especially strange considering the whole score was very closely tied to the OT, but not a single connection to the PT. I think maybe with the next episode we'll get something I'm sure.

10. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    "Finn's Confession" and "Talks of Podracing" begin pretty similarly (dare I say, identically):

But if one of the next two episodes brought back something like "Duel of the Fates", that'd be pretty awesome.

11. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Good find!

Kenobi1138 and theMaestro like this.
  12. theMaestro

Oct 16, 2015
    Haha I gotta give full credit to the Star Wars Oxygen podcast though

vncredleader and Darth Downunder like this.
  13. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    Best from PT clearly love pledge//the arena (The part that it played when Vader marched the Jedi Temple, it's better than Imperial March)

Across the Stars was relaxing
    Battle of Heroes is also great.

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Seeing this thread active again, I'll point out Filmscoremedia, who's once again posted some brilliant previously unreleased music from ROTS:

15. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    Man, that last one is much coveted in an official release. Why, WHY can't we have that beautiful music?? By far my favorite scene in the saga, but alas! No score!

Also does anyone know where I can listen to the full music for when Anakin is looking at the eclipse on Mustafar post-Separatist slaughter? On the OST the cue is the last one in "Anakin's Dark Deeds" but it is edited down. I love the version that's in the film.

Sent from my brain using thumbs.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  16. theMaestro

Oct 16, 2015
    Is this it?

17. SuperPersch

SuperPersch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2004
    It is! Thank you!!!

Sent from my brain using thumbs.

theMaestro likes this.
  18. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Filmscoremedia's been at it again. Don't know where he gets all this music.

First Heroes Collide, an extended version of Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan, which plays in the duel up to the point where Duel of the Fates starts up:

Swimming, Droids and Yoda's Farewell plays when Obi-Wan swims on Utapau, Yoda leaves Kashyyyk, Bail sets off in the Tantive IV and Obi leaves Utapau:

News of the Attack has never been found in a clean form before, so this track is very exciting. It plays when Anakin visits Padme before setting out for Mustafar:

From AOTC, we have the film mix of On the Conveyor Belt. It's mostly just the original track, interspersed with other tracks from the film. The only new part is the ending:

He's also posted a bunch of TPM tracks, most of which are just slight variants on the Ultimate Edition's tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqqG7Gefqcc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sOeSY20Wg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsVMnjYS9O0

Subtext Mining likes this.
  19. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Nice finds guys.

ROTS's music is a huge part of what made me generally a SW fan in the first place.

20. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Ditto, the scene where Padme arrives on Mustafar sells the fall for me.

Just though I'd point out, the original cinema version of the scene where Anakin looks at the eclipse, if I'm not mistaken, was synced to the version of the track on the official movie soundtrack. The DVD and bluray was edited so the beat - "Da-daaah!" - falls on the angled shot of Anakin on the balcony, where it originally occurred on the shot of the eclipse being shown. Just a trivial change, but it was made slightly longer.

SuperPersch likes this.
  21. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    It makes my heart sick that they never put out extended soundtracks for II and III. The TPM extended score is exquisite.

Subtext Mining and Tonyg like this.
  22. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I know the prequels are criticized, quite harshly in some circles. But the soundtracks their just superior to the OT and TFA period. TPM's duel of the fates and ROTS battle of the heros and that track where a woman is sort of deep wailing I think it's when Anakin is sitting in the council chambers and struggling in ROTS-just excellent.

They fit the movies incredibly well and about all of them if I must say are better than everything the OT did including the imperial march.

I hope this isn't a thread topic discussed too much but just wanted to maybe start a appreciation of this.

23. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    Seagoat and Subtext Mining like this.
  24. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Across the Stars>>>

25. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Yep

Search function's disabled currently, but please do at least look back a page or two to see if a similar thread exists

Merging