main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Obi-Wan in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Downunder, May 4, 2014.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Seeing some of the OT characters getting animated is like watching family members go in for an operation.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It depends. I enjoyed The Lego Movie.

3. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    From the man himself.

4. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    ok, didn't know James had a youtube channel. Did some browsing on it, found this gem:

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  5. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I don't know why, but when an actor or someone similar just sorta casually owns a YouTube channel, without it trying to plug something is whatever, I really appreciate it.

6. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    I agree with JAT. Obi wan sees Luke (and Leia, but she has no one to train her) as the last hope for the galaxy. He is not about ot leave him.

He may not even know about any surviving jedi. But he would know of any other hopes if he meets kanan and ezra

Save Obi Wan's adventures for the Journal of obi wan kenobi issues of the comics

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    True. Obi-wan has nothing to do on Rebels, he has a job to do, there is no reason for him to be involved in the rebellion. He has no role to play in Ezra's story.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I completely 100% agree with JAT too, Obi-Wans place is on Tatooine, and nowhere else, but watching Luke. He's a great character, but I want it to remain true to the spirit of the movies, weather it is in a spin off, comic, or rebels, I think Obi-Wans place is on Tatooine watching Luke, period.

MandoArtist likes this.
  9. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Quite apart from anything else, the dude has been through a pretty rough patch. Maul comes back again (and again, and again), kills Obi-Wan's One True Love, gets away. He has to train the Chosen One who is let's face a challenging pupil. Chosen One then turns to evil and kills a bunch of kids, and tries to kill Obi. Obi-Wan then dismembers and (he thinks) kills said Chosen One, who is also the best friend he ever had. Oh yes, and everything he lived for was wiped out by some wrinkly scrotum faced Sith who had been operating right under his nose for decades. Frankly the dude can't be blamed if he decides that enough is enough, he's too old for this ****.

10. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    In absolutely no way, shape, or form, should Obi-Wan appear on Rebels. Any contact with the Rebellion, even in the most minute manner, contradicts the ANH. Any contact with Kanan and/or Ezra goes against Luke being the last hope. The only way around that would be for both Kanan and Ezra to die. Helping the Rebellion, contradicts Leia's message to Obi-Wan trying to get him to come help the Rebellion. Any contact with Vader completely contradicts Obi-Wan and Vader's dialogue during their duel on the Death Star. Basically, Obi-Wan needs to be left as a hermit watching over Luke from a distance. End of Story. Rebels has already made a mockery of the PT shows/movies by running virtually every popular character out there. Stop with the cameos. Stop taking characters who have no business being in Rebels and making them central figures. If Rebels was good, they wouldn't need all the cameos to keep drawing interest and excitement for the show.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  11. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    Well, thankfully Rebels is good.

12. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    So, Maul is out to find Obi-Wan right? What are the odds of him appearing this season?

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    questionable because JAT has flat out denied that he has not worked on the show since the premier.

14. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Actors keep things secret at times. He also may not have filmed the scenes yet. Maybe Obi will appear near the end of this season. He is who Maul was referring to when he said "he lives!" right?

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The scenes would already have been voiced by now.

16. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    They've voiced the finale of this season already? I don't think so. The shows have quite a fast turn-around. In any case actors sign NDA's all the time to preserve surprises.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The show is 8 months ahead of us at least so yes I would logically assume they are done season 3 completely

18. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Again, irrelevant as to whether Obi-Wan appears or not. Maul all but declared he's going after him in the third episode.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    All Maul says is He lives and that could be an man to ever appear in maul's life who he thought was dead. The twin Suns comes from Ezra and they did not have the same vision.

20. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Obi-Wan is the person Maul has been obsessed with during his entire arc. He would've suspected he'd died in the Jedi purge. So surely it's 90% certain he's referring to Kenobi. We see Maul flying off gleefully talking about finding him. So there's a good chance they'll encounter each other again.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don't doubt it, but I don't think it'll be this season.

22. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    You could be right. Whenever it happens, Maul turning up on Tatooine confronting old Ben is an awesome prospect IMO. The circle would be complete. Maul first encountered the Jedi on that world around 30 years earlier.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It would be one of the most circular things SW has ever done.

24. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    I totally forgot that Maul has been on Tatooine! I guess it's because there is a slight disconnect between the largely silent live action Maul and the more vocal animated Maul. I think a return to Tatooine with some visual nods to TPM (perhaps he lands on the same hill he landed on in TPM, or has a similar black robe?) would be awesome.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  25. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Just throwing this out there, JAT may have said he hasn't worked on Rebels, but Ewan McGregor hasn't. ;)