main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub "It should be in an armory" - The Official Doctor Aphra fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Voider, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Hello, fans of Dr. Aphra.

Since her introduction in Marvel's Darth Vader #3, Dr. Aphra has become a very popular character among fans and is now getting her own ongoing comic series in December after this week's conclusion of the Darth Vader series. I thought that it is the perfect time for an Aphra fanclub, so here it is (this thread is mod-approved). You're all welcome.

[​IMG]

Feel free to discuss your thought about the character of Dr. Aphra. We will also discuss Aphra related media. As for now, that's only comics, but maybe she will appear one day in a novel or even in an animated series or live-action.

revan772 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    These weapons belong in an armory! Sign me up.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  3. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    You're in. Welcome!

4. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    My level of excitement for this series is through the roof. Aphra is an amazing character and I cannot wait to see more of her! Now... we wait for the action figure... :p

#AphraBSFanVote2017

5. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Please sign me up, I'm super excited to follow Aphra's adventures and how they weave into the main SW universe (will she ever encounter Darth Vader again? And what would THAT look like?!?).

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  6. Black Star Gunner

Oct 18, 2014

Yeah, she'll make a very cool action figure! Hopefully they throw in a few small bars of credits as an accessory to round it out nicely.

7. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    revan772
    Black Star Gunner

You're added to the club.

And yes, although I'm not someone who buys many action figures, I would definitely buy an Aphra action figure if we ever get one.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  8. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Awesome! How do clubs work by the way? :p

9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    It's my dream that she encounters Vader shortly before ROTJ and by that point he has softened enough to let her live. Aphra views him as this kind of indestructible evil god who has purged all weakness from his system. Would be very interesting to see her learn that this belief is false and he is a human with weaknesses after all.
    Maybe then she could finally forgive her mom and herself for not being as merciless as Darth Vader.

10. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    It would be cool to see that. And I think it's also interesting how Aphra would react to the news of Vader's death.

Anyway, I'm very curious why Aphra's parents split up and how she reacts when her father returns in the new ongoing.

SithOverlord101 and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yes, me too. Just what's the deal with her family? It's good we get some family stories in SW aside from the Skywalkers.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  12. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

From the interview Gillen gave it sounds like Aphra is more bitter towards her dad than she is her dead mother. She felt her mom could have been stronger but her dad is where she is going to focus most of her anger about being abandoned at.

What I would find interesting would be if they spent a good amount of time detailing what happened to her immediately following the loss of her parents because that will be what mainly turns her into what she became as an adult. Lots of people suffer a loss of a parent or a family break up but they don't grow up to be all kooky like Aphra did. So what happened to her in the years following that event that turned her into the character we know now?

Darth_Voider likes this.
  13. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    We know that her mother died during the Clone Wars. I believe she thought that the Empire brought order to the galaxy after the end of the Clone Wars and this is the reason why she believes in the Empire's cause. However, she also doesn't want to obey to the Empire, it would be interesting to know why.

Do you want to be a member of our club? If so, I will add you to the list.

14. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Sure. I have actually wanted a thread where we could talk solely about Aphra for a while now.

15. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    Then you're welcome.

So now, we have
    :
    Darth_Pevra
    revan772
    Black Star Gunner
    jamminjedi23
    and me.

16. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Add me!

I normally avoid all community forums for risk of being hurt, but I couldn't resist this.

Darth_Furio and Darth_Voider like this.
  17. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    You're in. :)

18. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'm game as well. So sign me up to please.

19. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    Welcome.

Members so far:
    Darth_Pevra
    revan772
    Black Star Gunner
    jamminjedi23
    Ewok Poet
    Thrawn082.

20. Black Star Gunner

Oct 18, 2014
    It dawned on me that she could end up being with Luke after ROTJ as they're not too far off in age. On first mention, it's almost impossible based on chemistry, backgrounds, beliefs, morals, etc, but then again, opposites do attract. She could tell Luke stories of his father (both good and bad) as well. I'm not a 'shipper', but just throwing this out there. Stranger things have happened.

21. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    I was a "Luphra" shipper, but to be honest, that wasn't really serious. It was just for fun. But I want her to survive well after Endor so that she can tell Luke and Leia things about Vader, as you said. And not only that, she's also one of the few persons in the galaxy who know that Padmé Amidala is their mother. My dream is that she is the one who tells the twins about their biological mother.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  22. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Though I think she may still have some more interactions with the Rebellion in the future I am really off the boat that Aphra will wind up being Luke's wife (I no longer feel that Luke is Rey's dad anymore either). Though they havn't given Aphra an exact age yet they have strongly hinted that she is significantly older than Luke. If Aphra were to get involved with a guy I think it would be someone closer to Han's age than Luke's.

23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I like Aphra, but she is not a very good person. She will shoot you in the face without many regrets if it serves her purposes. I can't see Luke accepting that in the long run. So unless she grows a conscience and I don't know if I want her to, it doesn't fit imo.

I could see her having an affair with someone like Boba Fett.

24. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    I don't think she will ever become an angel either, but TBH, I wouldn't mind a character arc where she grows at least a bit of a conscience over the years as long as it is executed well.
    If she ever finds out that Vader turned back to the light moments before his death I could see that this would shatter her believes.

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    The problem I have with this is that we already have so many antihero rebel type characters. We don't really need any more. A whole bunch of them will be added in by Rogue One as well. So if she becomes more of a goodie, please don't make her a rebel as well.

And not all characters arcs are about growth, some are about falling. Maybe Aphra's fate is a dark one and her misdeeds will come back to haunt her. I think that could be more interesting than the usual redemption angle we seem to have in 80% of SW stories and Gillen seems suited to write it.

Of course that's just my opinion and even a redemption could be executed well.

Darth_Voider likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.