main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub "It should be in an armory" - The Official Doctor Aphra fanclub

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Darth_Voider, Oct 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Oh, even in the case that she becomes softer, I don't want her to become a rebel. Yes, she has once worked with them together in Rebel Jail, but that was just because it was the only chance for her to save her own life. And once Eneb Ray was captured, she looked out for the next escape pod.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    On a side note, what's the chance of her becoming pregnant and how would she deal with that? I think that being a mom while maintaining her active lifestyle could be an interesting challenge for her.

Also: Aphra + kid = cute :p

Darth_Voider likes this.
  3. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    True. But who would be the father? Or will there be no father? :p

4. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I don't know. Maybe she falls in love with a guy and wants a child or alternatively it's an accident. Both would be nice avenues to explore.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  5. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Really excited for her series starting soon. She can really do great things during the OT period as well as afterwards if the creators wish her to be around that long. And I hope they do.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Only about a week left until we have a lot more to talk about.

By the way for those that don't really keep up on the wook this is the first image of Aphra's father

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aphra's_father

Article doesn't say anything that we didn't know already from Vader issue #10 but it is the first image of what Aphra's dad looks like. Hopefully we get an image of her mom at some point. Even though she'd be dead during present time we might get some flashback scenes from when Aphra was a kid.

Anyways looking at her dad it looks like he may have been in the military or a scientist or something. Hard to say for sure but it looks like he may have worked with chemicals based on that image.

Darth_Pevra and Darth_Voider like this.
  7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Interesting, he kinda looks like Charles Xavier from X-Men, not what I had pictured.

8. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    I always suspected that Aphra's father could be a scientist. Maybe his world views differed from those of his "spiritual" wife so much that it was the reason for their break-up?
    I also didn't expect him to look like that. But I'm now more interested than ever in him.

9. Black Star Gunner

Oct 18, 2014
    Do we know her first name yet? Lisa Aphra just doesn't sound cool enough.

10. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    No, but maybe we'll learn it from her father.

11. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

Oh was Aphra always just meant to be her last name? I always figured Aphra was her first name.

They did call her Dr. Aphra but I still considered that to be her first name.

12. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    Since they did call her Dr. Aphra throughout the entire Vader series and her guest appearance in Rebel Jail, I consider it to be her last name.

13. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Good first issue. Not quite as into the artwork as I was with the Vader series but as long as Gillen is still writing Aphra I'm good. I was a little surprised that they seemed to show her having a fairly normal childhood. Seemed to have regular friends at school and didn't seem to live a life much different than most college kids. I would have thought based on the backstory we have heard about her from that one issue way back when that she would be a little more withdrawn from all that stuff.

Makes me wonder if her childhood wasn't quite as bad as what we were first lead to believe from what she said in Vader issue #10.

14. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Probably shouldn't give many story points away on this thread since some of you may wait for the trades to pick it up. But I'll just say it does look like Aphra is in her thirties. They had a flashback scene in issue #2 set eighteen years earlier and she was already a teenager. So early to mid thirties is definitely how old she is.

Also Aphra is her first name after all.

revan772 likes this.
  15. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I finally finished the Darth Vader comics yesterday and I really think Aphra is great. I have to read her series for sure. I really like how she played off of Vader, though it's a shame he didn't appreciate her.

16. rg1fan123

rg1fan123 Jedi Padawan

Feb 8, 2016
    is it too late to be added to the fan club :cool:

17. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    It is never too late. Welcome! :)

18. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    I don't know who this messed-up chick you're all talking about is, but my guess is that she was a relatively normal kid until her dad came home one day wearing a bantha condom that he had fashioned into a crude jumpsuit of sorts.

19. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    revan772 likes this.
  20. Black Star Gunner

Oct 18, 2014
    Really like the name. It's not common, like Lisa!

Darth_Voider likes this.
  21. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  23. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Yes! I am so happy I hope Aphra wins, even though Ahsoka is my favourite Star Wars character. :p

24. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
  25. Darth Zane

Darth Zane Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    There have been a lot of allusions to similarities between Aphra and Mara Jade, both by writers and fans, but Aphra also reminds me of another redhead: Mira from KOTOR 2. Similar attitudes and capabilities, similar costuming, similar relationships to crazy-powerful Force users around them, and they even both have acrimonious relationships with an evil Wookiee.

Ewok Poet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.